Thief Gold (1998) steam key (free, $7 value)

ahh the memories... shooting out lamps, being crouched in the dark with AI right in front of your face that can't see you..

but back than, that was amazing AI lol

btw: I think skyrim is a pretty decent stealth game. You can play that in a similar fashion to thief.

Thanks, I still have the disk for this that I got with a GPU but I don't think it's the gold version.

People care way to much about gfx :O

Yeah, you are right. People shouldn't play this game to it's best graphical potential and instead should ignore any mods or tweaks that help make it look better. Good call ace.

Whenever I feel guilty about visiting these forums because of the temptation to spend money, threads like this one are posted and make me feel good about myself again. THANKS, OP!

Probably has to do with tax write-offs. Million downloads @ $7 value = $7M writeoff? Dunno.

I'm not a gamer but for 16 years I would expect the new version to blow people's minds with that kind of development time.
Yeah, it could be, I didn't think of the tax write-off angle.

I remember when it was released :/

Brought my system to it's knees.

I think I was rocking a K6-233, 128MB EDO, 5GB HDD, Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 and Diamond Monster Card.

Man was that K6-233 a POS. Not even a K6-2!
Nice, I guess this game was really pushing the hardware back then. Now any netbook could even play it, I'm sure.

Are you from the future?

Unfortunately the code they gave me is being rejected by Amazon. I guess I'll have to wait 3 days.

Thanks time traveller!

HAHA

Why yes, yes I am hope your code works here in a few days like it did for me.

It worked twice for me today and my co-worker also got one today.

And just in case you want something with updated graphics... as of today, Steam now has a new Thief game. What impeccable timing! ;)

What is wrong with people, selling these keys on ebay - seriously?

Got it....!!!
Playing on a Dell6410 with IGP like a boss....

Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Downloading now, still working as of 12:00 CST. Ah, the nostalgia.

Couldn't play it, just too clunky and ugly even with the hd mods

Couldn't play it, just too clunky and ugly even with the hd mods
You had to be there in 1998 when it was released. It does seem clunky playing it these days, but the gameplay is still solid and challenging. There will never be another game like it.

You had to be there in 1998 when it was released. It does seem clunky playing it these days, but the gameplay is still solid and challenging. There will never be another game like it.

I was there. I'm 37 and I played all of the original thief games. The original Thief and Deus Ex series games were my absolute favorite games for many, many years.

Back