Thief 4, Trailer and release date.

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
So..... http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Thief-Story-Trailer-and-Launch-Date

Feb 25'th 2014. The trailer looks...... kinda un-thief like and more like Dishonored actually. I am not holding my breath on the date either, this thing has taken so long its starting to look like the Duke Nukem release time-table. Either way I will probably be buying it when its available, not enough 'sneakers' out there in my opinion. I like hard mode to mean not being able to kill anyone. Anyone else wanting to jump into Garrets shoes and black-jack a guard?

edit: Oh, and I guess they aren't actually calling it Thief 4. Its just Thief [Strike=]Uprising, which really doesn't sound like Garret much.[/s]

Last edited:
It's just called Thief.

Uprising is the name of the trailer.

Can't wait for this game.

And yes its just called 'Thief"

It's a reboot of the series like Tomb Raider.

Well, the trailer and release date are new info, or I would have put it in my original thread.
I hope they corrected some of the problems from those links though. Not looking great for old school Thief fans.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1585078&highlight=thief

I hope there is a '1999' mode like that Bioshock game...

I hope there is a '1999' mode like that Bioshock game...

Ken Levine has nothing to do with this one though. In fact I thought his comments were along the lines of "the Thief story has already been told"

I'd like to slip into Garrett's shoes again, but a character not voiced by Stephen Russell isn't Garrett.

Hardly game breaking if its even true. Don't trust a random website that I have never heard of. Also a preview build. But still not game breaking.

PC Gamer is not legit enough for you? Nor RPS or Polygon? Okay. And you should know full well that preview builds played by the press just about never diverge substantively from the final retail product. If despite all that you are still optimistic then it should be probably us asking you what you are smoking.

Disappointing to read those reviews. The trailer was cool, but the few scenes that appeared to be actually ingame looked pretty bad...muddy textures, etc.

PC Gamer is not legit enough for you? Nor RPS or Polygon? Okay. And you should know full well that preview builds played by the press just about never diverge substantively from the final retail product. If despite all that you are still optimistic then it should be probably us asking you what you are smoking.

It doesn't add up to a very promising picture. The only grain of hope left is that we're in August right now and this thing isn't coming out for another 6 months at least?

I can only hope a lot more work is done up and down.

The bad reviews also go back to quite a few conversations I've seen here on the [H]: AI has been utterly and completely ignored and forgotten when it comes to advances in current and next-gen games. All that CPU headroom and it's not being used for anything.

I'd like to slip into Garrett's shoes again, but a character not voiced by Stephen Russell isn't Garrett.

We should make a Kickstarter/Indiegogo to pay for the original Garrett's voice. It'll be the best fan-patch ever.

Back