Thief (2014) + DLCs $26

paffinity

Limp Gawd
Wow, didn't this just come out?
If only all games were priced based on reviews.

Jorona

2[H]4U
In for 1, but I just realized, I've never heard of this place before. Anyone have any experience? I noticed PayPal went to a person, not a business.

Solhokuten

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone get their key yet? I assume they will e-mail it to my paypal associated e-mail.

Not yet. I did get the confirmation email, and yes it came to my paypal email address (spam folder).

UPDATE: Just received all 3 keys, and each activated without issue. Check your spam folders. :)

Damar

Supreme [H]ardness
Think it said something about a 1-2 day time frame for the key?

I dont remember atm and didnt screenshot it.

Tyler-Durden

2[H]4U
Not yet. I did get the confirmation email, and yes it came to my paypal email address (spam folder).

UPDATE: Just received all 3 keys, and each activated without issue. Check your spam folders. :)
Just checked my spam folder. The confirmation e-mail was right there, nestled between Vivian's e-mail about a breathtaking single gal living near me, Echelle's e-mail about a prankish French maid in my neighborhood and TracyB's notification of a newly divorced ex-cheerleader a few doors down from my house.

MavericK

Zero Cool
Just checked my spam folder. The confirmation e-mail was right there, nestled between Vivian's e-mail about a breathtaking single gal living near me, Echelle's e-mail about a prankish French maid in my neighborhood and TracyB's notification of a newly divorced ex-cheerleader a few doors down from my house.

Your neighboorhood sounds pretty hoppin'.

exlink

Supreme [H]ardness
Can't argue with this price! I was going to get it for the PS4, but the framerate issues and the full $60+ price tag make this deal the obvious choice.

exlink

Supreme [H]ardness
My guess, it will be $15 or less by next year

Probably, but if you add in the DLC then it'll be closer to $20. So basically you pay a $6 premium to play it earlier, good enough for me!

StoleMyOwnCar

2[H]4U
I got it because at this price it isn't that big of a deal....

But I've read that it's a pretty crappy game, compared to the other Thief games. Pretty sure it'll be quite a disappointment compared to Dishonored, too (which I enjoyed greatly). My first was Deadly Shadows and I really liked it. Then I played 2 and the difference in mechanics (mainly smoothness of movement and such) and graphics was really hard to get used to, but I got to the last level. Think I stopped playing because it was so friggin massive and I didn't know what to do at one part.

From what I've read, there's really no issue deciding what to do next in this one, though. (Insert sardonic tone)

hypertek

Gawd
1 hour down, still waiting for the keys.. I suppose if its just a 1 person site, probably take him a while to fill out all the orders.

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, ordered about 4pm yesterday, haven't received any codes yet, and I have checked my spam folder. Hopefully they come today.

Pringle

2[H]4U
Probably, but if you add in the DLC then it'll be closer to $20. So basically you pay a $6 premium to play it earlier, good enough for me!

Well my comment was more directed towards Tyler-Durden, who said he wouldn't be playing the game for a year.

But in all other instances, this is a pretty sweet deal if you absolutely need to play this game

Bone_Enterprise

Enter in the Rear
Fuck it why not, I'm in.

For those that have not got their keys, try sending an e-mail:

"Thanks for buying from Gamedealdaily.com. You will receive an email confirming your order. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours of your purchase, please contact us so that we can assist you. Your order should be processed within 1-2 days."

harmattan

Supreme [H]ardness
I got it because at this price it isn't that big of a deal....

But I've read that it's a pretty crappy game, compared to the other Thief games. Pretty sure it'll be quite a disappointment compared to Dishonored, too (which I enjoyed greatly). My first was Deadly Shadows and I really liked it. Then I played 2 and the difference in mechanics (mainly smoothness of movement and such) and graphics was really hard to get used to, but I got to the last level. Think I stopped playing because it was so friggin massive and I didn't know what to do at one part.

From what I've read, there's really no issue deciding what to do next in this one, though. (Insert sardonic tone)

I just finished the game and, although my first knee-jerk reaction was discust that they didn't do the previous titles justice, it's actually a pretty good game. Most of the detractions you've probably read are true (too much contextualized movement, horrible story, bad voice acting and some cringe-worthily dumb dialog, dated [but very detailed] graphics). That said, I found the stealth gameplay hugely enjoyable: it's one of the only recent games where you can't blaze through enemies and are forced to use stealth for most everything. Also the actual world/levels, although a bit clausterphobic, are well-designed and very detailed. Moreover, they did generally capture the the "Thief atmosphere" and, despite the naysayers, it is definitely a Thief game and nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews say.

I'd say $26 hits the price/value ratio right on the nose.

RushFan

Gawd
I've heard the game is so much better if you turn off some of the stuff that "makes it easy." That'll be the first thing I do.

Still waiting for my keys... (purchased yesterday at 6:30p.m.)

paffinity

Limp Gawd
Eh, I'd still wait for the inevitable steam sale for $5. Or the "Game of the Year" edition with all dlc for $7.50.

MavericK

Zero Cool
Yeah, I can only see the price dropping very quickly on this one. If it's already this price...

Tomb Raider was arguably a way better game, and it dropped in price super quickly.

exlink

Supreme [H]ardness
I got my keys a couple hours ago and I ordered last night. I'm pretty sure the emails with the codes are being sent manually and are not automated so it's going to take a while.

EDIT: The keys work perfectly just FYI! :)