They finally did it, 43 inch, 32:9 and it's FLAT

1080p vertical............

1630017974722.png

Where did they even find a panel with 144HZ and HDR600 that is only 1080p vertical?

Where did they even find a panel with 144HZ and HDR600 that is only 1080p vertical?
This i wonder as well. Were and who made that panel.

I intend to use it as a vertical photo frame, so the fact that it's 1080p does not bother me.

Is this just a ~48" 16:9 4k panel chopped in half? I find it hard to be interested in that concept.

I question why OP or anyone would actually want this form factor as a flat display. I've tried running my flat OLED with custom uw and super ultrawide resolutions and every time have felt that if it was curved it would be better.

I question why OP or anyone would actually want this form factor as a flat display. I've tried running my flat OLED with custom uw and super ultrawide resolutions and every time have felt that if it was curved it would be better.
Picture frame. Better and cheaper then a big digital sign.

1080P vertical? No thanks. That's shit for gaming and shit for productivity.

Watching videos on such monitor must be awesome, especially 4:3 🤩

They should rather make 16:10 screen with 3840x2880p resolution. We need more 16:10 aspect ratio 🥺

most phones are 21:9 and some are even dumber than that. So this is mostly going to be used as a tiktok display board i would assume.

They should rather make 16:10 screen with 3840x2880p resolution. We need more 16:10 aspect ratio 🥺
I would love that. I was on 1920x1200 for years and although 16:9 4k has a lot more vertical space... the more the merrier.

Though wouldn't it be 3840x2400?

Last edited:
Is this just a ~48" 16:9 4k panel chopped in half? I find it hard to be interested in that concept.
I believe it's two 24" 16:9 panels side by side, it mentions two 16:9 panels seamlessly side by side in the description, unless it's just describing 32:9.

I believe it's two 24" 16:9 panels side by side, it mentions two 16:9 panels seamlessly side by side in the description, unless it's just describing 32:9.
When you already make big 3840x2160 panels it is much easier to just cut it in half (yes, it is an oversimplification but still...) than glue two smaller 1080p panels.

I would love that. I was on 1920x1200 for years and although 16:9 4k has a lot more vertical space... the more the merrier.

Though wouldn't it be 3840x2400?
LOL
I took 4:3 aspect ratio calculations... or maybe I just really want huge high resolution 4:3 monitor 😅

Reactions: Senn
like this
Repeating question since it wasn’t answered for previous poster. What images do you have that you want a 9:32 ratio monitor to display?

Movie posters aren’t that ratio - and that’s the most common use case I’ve heard of for someone wanting a portrait rotated display.

I don’t understand the use case for this monitor?

Repeating question since it wasn’t answered for previous poster. What images do you have that you want a 9:32 ratio monitor to display?

Movie posters aren’t that ratio - and that’s the most common use case I’ve heard of for someone wanting a portrait rotated display.

I don’t understand the use case for this monitor?
It would make a good urinal!

I'm genuinely curious where this vertical picture frame is going to end up. A novel use for an otherwise not-too-interesting product.

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Maybe Original Poster REALLY REALLY likes full length Craftsman Wrenches?
1630168880554.png

And with a traditional 16x9 display, he could only showcase stubby wrenches?

1630169011509.png

Reactions: Senn
like this
Back