TheScavenger no replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jthm27

Weaksauce
Resolved =D, like others have said he is a good guy =D. He sent the item and even offered me $25 refund. Don't let this thread prevent you from doing any business with him. I will post his message here if he allows me.

Last edited:
Did you get any contact info for him?
If so, try contacting him thru that.
There really is not much else you can do.
Since you have a claim filed at PayPal, if he does get money in that acct, they will likely hold it until the claim is resolved, and if he cant provide tracking info, you will be refunded...but if the acct stays empty, unless you paid with a CC, there is nothing else you can do do get the money back.

EDIT: you can also look at his heat to see where else he trades..maybe you can contact him at one of those places.

Last edited:
crosshairs, I think he also trades and ocf. I remember seeing his threads there.

Did you get any contact info for him?
If so, try contacting him thru that.
There really is not much else you can do.
Since you have a claim filed at PayPal, if he does get money in that acct, they will likely hold it until the claim is resolved, and if he cant provide tracking info, you will be refunded...but if the acct stays empty, unless you paid with a CC, there is nothing else you can do do get the money back.

EDIT: you can also look at his heat to see where else he trades..maybe you can contact him at one of those places.

Oh well =(, yea I already tried contacting him on evga forums. No repsonse, I guess I'll have to put this behind me.
thanks for the replies.

That's really odd... I did a successful trade with him cross-border (canada to US) and everything worked out fine. I hope he's ok.

Yeah, I bought a psu from him earlier this year, no problems at all.
Something may be up...you never know. See if you can get contact info through Paypal.

I checked his profile at ocforums, he hasnt been on there either. i have alerted a mod there because i know he does trade actively there too. Hope things work out for you

I filed paypal refund about a week ago but it seems he closed his bank account so they aren't able to get the money.

Thanks =D

Someone closing their bank account is never a good sign. And with that good of a heatware, i agree it is odd indeed. Makes me wonder if he possibly sold other stuff and then got all the money and closed the bank account and not sent out the other people items also.

Wish you the best of luck but this really doesn't look good at all. But we can always hope it will get sorted though but with the bank account closed you are really fighting a uphill battle now though.

well it seems he logged in today at xtremesystems, and even has a few posts. o_O But I think I was probably his last business hopefully.
thanks again for the replies everybody =D

Not to be the bringer of possible bad news -- but a closing of an account could also mean he's passed away. Family could have taken care of things like that -- (of course this is a worst case scenario)

I'd say this is odd for someone with a high rating. You just never know.

Are you sure the person's bank account is closed? Or is the OP assuming that since no money could be taken out of the Paypal account, that the bank account has been closed?

I see that this is a resolved issue, but I feel a little concerned none the less.
He has advised he would ship out Thursday. 12-10

I sent<name removed> paypal on Wednesday Dec 9, 2009 for HDD and PSU.
(WD 640GB Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS and PC Power & Cooling 750W Quad)

I again checked the status sat 12-12, 03:46 PM , but I see he was active sat 12-12 07:20 PM. Although I did not get a response.

I am curious to see if anyone else having troubles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping everything is OK, but I saw this thread and it made me worried. I am not accusing of anything, but I did have the slight fear that others may be in the same boat. I will await his PM for now.

he seems like a very nice guy to me. i paid him yesterday for a C0 E8400, and then found an E0 E8400 a couple hours later for the same price. i asked him if it was ok to cancel the transaction so i could go with the better stepping. he said he had already spent the money, but offered to refund me $10. i said that wasnt necessary because we had already agreed on a price and thats just too bad for me. but the fact that he even offered says a lot about him as a trader i think. ill update tomorrow whether i get a tracking number, but id say that he seems to be a pretty responsible and trustworthy trader so far.

I see that this is a resolved issue, but I feel a little concerned none the less.
He has advised he would ship out Thursday. 12-10

I sent Josh paypal on Wednesday Dec 9, 2009 for HDD and PSU.
(WD 640GB Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS and PC Power & Cooling 750W Quad)

I again checked the status sat 12-12, 03:46 PM , but I see he was active sat 12-12 07:20 PM. Although I did not get a response.

I am curious to see if anyone else having troubles.

Just so you know, I'm a moderator at ocforums.com, and when he had "disappeared" the first/last time (around when this thread was created) and then came back, he followed all of my instructions and was very respectful, as well as admitting his wrong and apologizing. He has been a great member since, but I couldn't speak for him here. I would assume he follows the same footsteps here.

This is an old thread, if anyone is currently having problems, please start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back