Thermolab (Cooltek) LP53 review

sorry, I read just today.
I'm sorry for the death in the family, condolences.
25w makes 60 degrees and room temperature?
enough for me thanks :)

Thank you for the condolences. As for a fanless system, I must reiterate, that is with a fan at minimum speed. So without a fan, I don't know what would happen. I can remove the fan and let you know. I don't have an OS on that system so I will only get cpu temperature from within bios.

I'm thinking of getting this cooler based solely on your review, as I'll be receiving my Sentry soon. I've read through the thread in its entirety and the LP53 still seems to be the best air cooler for this case. My question is, has there been any more recent developments/findings suggesting otherwise? I admit that I haven't looked further than this thread but I'm not quite sure what to even search for to look on my own.

Thanks in advance for any advice. My condolences to you as well for your loss.

LP53 should provide better cooling than the nh-l9i from Noctua. That much hasn't changed. As for new developments in the low profile cpu cooler arena that I am aware of, there are two things to keep an eye on.

1. The Ząber guys are working on making lga115x (and maybe am4) mounting brackets for the dynatron t318. It's an all copper, vapor chamber, server cooler that is intended for even higher tdp cpu's. I don't know if they plan on making them for sale but they may send you designs so you can make your own.

2. Dan, from the A4-sfx case, is working with manufacturers to design a custom low profile all copper heatsink. You can find that thread here.

LP53 should provide better cooling than the nh-l9i from Noctua. That much hasn't changed. As for new developments in the low profile cpu cooler arena that I am aware of, there are two things to keep an eye on.

1. The Ząber guys are working on making lga115x (and maybe am4) mounting brackets for the dynatron t318. It's an all copper, vapor chamber, server cooler that is intended for even higher tdp cpu's. I don't know if they plan on making them for sale but they may send you designs so you can make your own.

2. Dan, from the A4-sfx case, is working with manufacturers to design a custom low profile all copper heatsink. You can find that thread here.

Would the LP53 provide better cooling than a Thermaltake AXP-200 Muscle ?

Would the LP53 provide better cooling than a Thermaltake AXP-200 Muscle ?

It's possible the lp53 would not outperform the AXP-200. That is a much larger, taller and heavier cooler. The lp53, as I tested, was only 42mm tall with fan and 410g in weight. The AXP-200 is 73mm high with fan and 520g in weight. The Thermaltake has a lot more mass and surface area to dissipate heat. It's also rated at 180w whereas the lp53 is rated at 100w tdp.

If you need a cooler below 55mm high the lp53 is the best. If you don't need a low profile cooler then you can definitely get something higher performance.

It's possible the lp53 would not outperform the AXP-200. That is a much larger, taller and heavier cooler. The lp53, as I tested, was only 42mm tall with fan and 410g in weight. The AXP-200 is 73mm high with fan and 520g in weight. The Thermaltake has a lot more mass and surface area to dissipate heat. It's also rated at 180w whereas the lp53 is rated at 100w tdp.

If you need a cooler below 55mm high the lp53 is the best. If you don't need a low profile cooler then you can definitely get something higher performance.

Thank you.

I tried googling around for a source, but couldn't find any. Where have they stated that they're working on this? I'm very interested in going this route.

I tried googling around for a source, but couldn't find any. Where have they stated that they're working on this? I'm very interested in going this route.

I think one of the Ząber guys mentioned they were thinking trying it for their own personal use. I'll see if I can find it. It was probably somewhere in their Sentry thread.

I think one of the Ząber guys mentioned they were thinking trying it for their own personal use. I'll see if I can find it. It was probably somewhere in their Sentry thread.

I emailed them and they clarified that the T318 mounting adapter would be for the AM4 socket only, if ever it came to market. Here is the body of the reply they sent me:
Kacper Ząber said:
We're not working on an adapter for T318 to be mounted on LGA115X. We are reviewing possibility of mounting this radiator on AM4 socket as availability of low profile coolers for this platform is still scarce.

This is the thread connected to this subject: https://hardforum.com/threads/lp-sff-cooler-mounting-adaptors-for-am4.1929996/

T318 will not fit on LGA115X socket as the power section is taller than cpu package surface and T318 has quite big contact surface, thus making it impossible to make full contact with CPU package.

Reactions: Ej24
like this
If anyone is looking for this great little HSF with the A9 Noctua Fan- PM me- I am selling mines.

Back