Thermochill PA120.3 question...

buffbiff21

Gawd
OK I plan on buying this for my first setup:
http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=3264
From what I heard it is the best radiator out there.
Forgive me if this is noobish, but it says 3/8 fitting on the description (and i plan on using 1/2 tubing for everything). Can I just buy barbs that are 1/2 and screw them on there?

Thanks!

OK I plan on buying this for my first setup:
http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=3264
From what I heard it is the best radiator out there.
Forgive me if this is noobish, but it says 3/8 fitting on the description (and i plan on using 1/2 tubing for everything). Can I just buy barbs that are 1/2 and screw them on there?

Thanks!
3/8 refers to the actual thread, it is BSPP 3/8 or G3/8. These work well: http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchan...e=AQX-HIFLO-G38-12&Category_Code=Barb_Fitting

I'm sure the Thermochills are 3/8 BSPT, as in tapered, unless things have changed since I got my PA120.2. Thermochill really ought to make this clearer on their website.

BSPP fittings for PA Series, not BSPT.

Thermochill really ought to make this clearer on their website.

Done - however for future ref, if it's written as BSP only, then assume BSPP. BSPP is commonly shortened to BSP here in the UK.
Tapered will ALWAYS be listed as BSPT, not BSP.

BSPT will fit in a BSPP threaded hole happily - the threads are the same, it's just the OD of the threads that tapers down but the pitch and spacing is the same. BSPT will just need a touch more PTFE tape to seal properly, whereas BSPP will do with 3 wraps of PTFE and will screw in more or less down to the nut.

All "G" labelled fittings are BSPP with an O-Ring, thus no PTFE tape required.

That's really wierd Marci, have the fittings of the PA120.2 changed in the last year?

I had to order 3/8" BSPT fittings because the BSPP ones I have wouldn't fit. I'm in the UK too and got my fittings from Airlines Pneumatics.

There have been discussions on this subject before and I swear that the website said BSPT previously. Thanks for updating the website anyway.

this is what you want, try to avoid plastic.
The Eldon James nylon fittings he linked to are quite fine. In fact, I actually prefer these to anything else. I use their glass-filled black nylon fittings throughout my system, and have tested their durability myself. While not as indestructible as some metal fittings, they have some features that really can only be cost-effectively achieved by form injection (like the anti-twist dimples on the fitting base).

The link nikhsub1 listed above are great fittings for the PA rad. I use these fittings and have never had any issues with them.

That's really wierd Marci, have the fittings of the PA120.2 changed in the last year?

I had to order 3/8" BSPT fittings because the BSPP ones I have wouldn't fit. I'm in the UK too and got my fittings from

It USED to state BSP/NPT, as depending where you were it was threaded differently (ie: rads for US Sale were NPT, rads for European sale were BSP). Since normalised to BSPP. BSPT was in use on Rev1 HE Series, and possibly Rev2, but beyond that should all have been BSPP... know every fitting we sell for the rads here is BSPP and has been for quite some time...

Back