Thermochill PA120.2 vs Swiftech MCR 320-QP

sleeper52

Limp Gawd
Hi, newbie at at this site.
Which one would u guys recommend: a Thermochill PA120.2 or Swiftech MCR320-QP?

Thanks.

Depends on fans, case, space available, what you're cooling, etc.....

Depends mostly on case, or if you're willing to do an external mount. I would go for the 3x120 radiator if you can fit it in your case, simply because the greater area allows for better cooling.

Im using Sanyo Denki 120x25mm fans. Which of the two rads have a higher cooling potential?
On pull only, which?
On push + pull, which?

The 3x120 will definitely have the higher cooling potential in any configuration, as I already said.

The 3x120 will definitely have the higher cooling potential in any configuration, as I already said.

I didn't honestly think it was that clear cut since the swiftech rad is thinner by quite a lot while the thermochill is a lot thicker.

Thicker vs thinner doesn't quite overcome the additional 120x120 increase in surface area. Additionally, higher FPI would provide better cooling with high speed fans over low FPI radiators. But once again, an additional fan in area overrules pretty much all other differences, since area is by far the largest factor in how well it cools.

Thicker vs thinner doesn't quite overcome the additional 120x120 increase in surface area. Additionally, higher FPI would provide better cooling with high speed fans over low FPI radiators. But once again, an additional fan in area overrules pretty much all other differences, since area is by far the largest factor in how well it cools.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Back