thermatake core x71 door modding

bal3wolf

Limp Gawd
Hello i been thinking of maybe modding my case for awhile right now i have a top 360mm rad set as exhaust a front 420mm set as exhaust and a bottom right 360mm set as exhaust and a back fan set as intake. My temps arent bad mining 27-32c and gaming 37c-42c with card running at 2100Mhz on core and 11,400Mhz on memory amb ranges between 18-25c weather in kentucky has a mind of its own right now and water temp ranges between 20-30c usualy around 5-7c higher then the amb. My main quesion what could i use on my door if i took the window off to allow more airflow in ?

By door do you mean your windowed side panel? I looked up the case online and could not find what I would call a "door".

If I am reading correctly you have everything set as exhaust, except for one rear fan? With that much exhaust and negative pressure I would think your fans are working hard to pull air through the small openings throughout your case. Your temps really seem fine for what I am assuming is the rig in your signature, I cannot imagine you'll get much lower. One test might be to just open up the side panel and see what you get. Allowing those fans to freely pull air will help you determine what else you might be able to get out of it. If it ends up working and if the side panel is the door you are referring too then you could add in some fans, pull out the plexi and put in mesh or just plain leave it off.

Also if you have pics it might help others with your question.

You could try making a plexi door to replace the glass. Then add some 140 or 120mm fan mounts as intakes. Direct them at your mb and gpu and you should see a nice drop in temps with solid cfm fans. Keep in mind the bottom 360 rad in the psu chamber doesn't provide any airflow for your components other than the psu.
Im running the same rad configuration but I've got my front 420 fans pushing into the case. Temps for me have been great.

balance your fans correctly and you shouldnt need this but you could always shoot a box fan at it.

By door do you mean your windowed side panel? I looked up the case online and could not find what I would call a "door".

If I am reading correctly you have everything set as exhaust, except for one rear fan? With that much exhaust and negative pressure I would think your fans are working hard to pull air through the small openings throughout your case. Your temps really seem fine for what I am assuming is the rig in your signature, I cannot imagine you'll get much lower. One test might be to just open up the side panel and see what you get. Allowing those fans to freely pull air will help you determine what else you might be able to get out of it. If it ends up working and if the side panel is the door you are referring too then you could add in some fans, pull out the plexi and put in mesh or just plain leave it off.

Also if you have pics it might help others with your question.
yea door is side sorry i got a pretty bad cold so minds not working correctly with little sleep i been getting. I switched to a all exhaust but 1 because my rigs mines 24/7 on the gpu and couple a hrs a day my cpu gets hammerd so tons of heat i found with front as intake and top as exhaust over time my temps were getting pretty bad water temp pushing up over 35c. I guess temps are pretty good just was seeing if anyone had a good idea for mesh and where to get it to maybe change the side into a mesh panel Heres a shot of my aquasuit last 13hrs in temps i will get a pic of the rig later dont feel like moving this 100 pound monster right now.

aqua.PNG

You could try making a plexi door to replace the glass. Then add some 140 or 120mm fan mounts as intakes. Direct them at your mb and gpu and you should see a nice drop in temps with solid cfm fans. Keep in mind the bottom 360 rad in the psu chamber doesn't provide any airflow for your components other than the psu.
Im running the same rad configuration but I've got my front 420 fans pushing into the case. Temps for me have been great.
Or a paper/plastic folder

theres a ton of different "woven wire mesh" on amazon that would work.
nice i was searching but using wrong words i found this i think will work and be pretty cheap to use i orderd the mesh below its large enough i wont have to cut it should be able to lay it out and fit it pretty nice without it looking to crappy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097XJZN18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Heres a pic of the system its not real pretty but was a quick pic wihthout needing to move it very far.

notpretty.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would leave the side panel off and see if there's a drastic change in your temperatures. Would be little to no effort before you head down the road of modding your side panel to add in more fans. Unless you just have an itch and want to mod(I know what that's like), then I say go for it.

I would leave the side panel off and see if there's a drastic change in your temperatures. Would be little to no effort before you head down the road of modding your side panel to add in more fans. Unless you just have an itch and want to mod(I know what that's like), then I say go for it.
yea i guess im kinda bored lol laid up with a bad back so looking for simple things to do that could improve my already decent temps lol.

came outdecent heres a pic before i put a 200mm fan on the door my temps are great now reversed my front and bottom fans back to intake have the door 200mm fan as intake and top and back exhaust.

20211221_171719.jpg

Back