ThermalTake Xaser III Internal Parts Needed, Any Help

PEye2000

n00b
I picked up a Thermaltake Xaser III case, Need internal parts if anyone has? looking for DVD rails, Hard Drive mounting hardware, Blanks for the front 3.5 drive to cover the hole,(blue color), I have start & reset push buttons on the front, but I guess I will need the switch the rods are to push on, need 2ea. 5.1/4 blanks (blue color), hard drive activity and power light for the door, It has the top mount USB and Audio board but need the cables to Motherboard,I have some old computers I stripped and will have to see if they are a standard ribbon cable? I guess this is a start, I am new here to the group and look forward to chatting, I have some photos of the case and will add them later to help assist in what I got myself into, Thanks ahead of time for any help..

Ouch, my nephew still has my old Xaser III for his current build (case is still in good nick), might be worthwhile shooting Thermaltake an email and see if they have any leftovers, not sure if I have a spare 3.5" blank plate, or what else I have left of the bezel parts, I think I have the hard drive rail guides and a set of CD rails, I'll have to check though.

I know the lock mechanism for the side isn't much good, and the plastic on the mechanism itself will tear apart after a few tries, front lock is rock solid though, they should really bring back this case with modernized internals though, still the best case I have ever owned, even the newer Xaser VI can't match it for sturdiness, and reliability, both of my 120mm fans for just behind the HDD assembly, and the exhaust fan are dead after almost four years. The 80mm fans on my old Xaser III are still running perfectly, and that is almost ten years old...Don't build them like they used to unfortunately (which in my opinion was the best time for Thermaltake, Shark, Tsunami, and Xaser II & III were awesome cases).

Last edited:
Is there a way to get a picture up on this post, I just picked up a Fan Controller for the top 5.25 bay, and it needs I guess rails to mount it? Then rails to mount a DVD Drive under that, that will leave 2 5.25 blanks (blue) to fill the bezel parts space? Will need some rails for mounting a Hard Drive,, I really have no clue what they look like, I found couple things on eBay at these links, http://www.ebay.com/itm/320974196500?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 http://www.ebay.com/itm/320974205315?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 Hope this works I am new to this site, Thanks for the feed back, Let me know what you find,,

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The second set looks like the right ones for the 3.5 HDD drive bay, not sure what the first item is for but the 5.25 rail guides were just wider versions of the second item you hopefully bought. And I don't know if it was dependent on the colour of case you chose, but the rail guides were turquoise, although black is fine, as you won't be able to see them anyway once they are in place.

The last photo I have of the case as of July 2011 after I upgraded it for my nephew might help if your still missing anything
DSCF2267.jpg

The other thing to watch out for (which I noticed when the case was brought back for the refit), the plastic feet may need the screws tightened, or the piece that clips in to the case, might snap off, still not bad for a case bought in 2003, sat on a dock for 3 months, made a sea going trip 5000 miles, and the only problem I had at the other end was a duff ATi card...super solid case (and stupidly heavy, although the Aluminium Xaser VI is probably just as heavy if not worse somehow?).

Last edited:
This site did not send me a email letting me know there was a reply, Me PEye2000 at Gmail, I have not purchased anything since I don't know if its correct part, I don't have anything to hold the fan controller I did buy, or a 5.25 DVD drive to be installed, the 3.25 looks like it just mounts as normal, but will need what ever ids holding you HD in there, just below the power clamp for the HD, I have no power supply, or top fan, then I would need the two orange fans on the left in that blue plastic shield which I do have in my case, also the to rear exhaust fans orange, So all in all thats not too bad if can find the parts..send me your email I will send photo of this case.. cant see putting too much in this.. Thanks for the photo,

Back