Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 ARGB 1200W Power Supply

Does anybody own this power supply or its other lower watt variants? I've been using Thermaltake power supplies for years now and never had any issues with their PSU but this particular model I'm having a slight issue with it, nothing major but I find it quite bothersome how the fan would randomly start spinning at full speed and the noise is as loud as a hairdryer which is annoying. Does anybody else have this issue?

I'm using an AMD 5900X along with a 6900 XT by the way.

Does anybody own this power supply or its other lower watt variants? I've been using Thermaltake power supplies for years now and never had any issues with their PSU but this particular model I'm having a slight issue with it, nothing major but I find it quite bothersome how the fan would randomly start spinning at full speed and the noise is as loud as a hairdryer which is annoying. Does anybody else have this issue?

I'm using an AMD 5900X along with a 6900 XT by the way.

Had the exact same issue with a thermaltake 1500W gold, I would up putting a noctua 140mm PWM fan in there, though it doesnt actually fit in mine as its supposed to be a 135mm..........I have to keep a corner of the case unscrewed due to the fan touching some components on the front PCB.

The stock fan was this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001518557122.html

I forget where I found the spec, but its rated for 124cfm @ ~49Db, so im sure yours is ungodly loud as well :D

Back