Thermaltake ToughPower 550: Where and when?

wonkman

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have any information on this PSU? Here's a post from the Thermaltake rep way back in Sept:

Originally Posted by Tt Tech
I realize this is an old thread, but it is very discouraging to see so many of you to not have faith in our power supplies.

I cannot say that your comments and opinions are unfounded, because many of you do know more than I do. However, all of these comments and criticisms have been noted and we are pushing as hard as we can, to build better and stronger power supplies in the future.

On the other hand, we are in the process of building our strongest power supply using the top quality components right now. It will be called the ToughPower 550W. I urge you all to give Thermaltake power supplies another chance once it comes out. We are committed to cleaning up this bad reputation of Thermaltake power supplies.

There are a lot of reviews but I'm not sure they are trustworthy or thorough enough.

Thermatake's last reviewed PSU, TWV500, seemed to do very well in contrast to their earlier attempts.

Does anyone know where or when we might see this?

Here's a link to one of the reviews:

ToughPower Review

Considering it's a CWT and the specs, I'd say it's probably pretty good.

It doesn't seem to be one of the low end Channelwell's either like the Xclio or TT TR2 models. Probably more like Antec quality. And since the internals seem to be properly cooled, unlike an Antec, it may actually not blow up down the road.

They have the CWT model number right on the label - it's a top of the line A2D unit IIRC :D

Oklahoma Wolf said:
They have the CWT model number right on the label - it's a top of the line A2D unit IIRC :D
How does it compare to say, a TP2-550? They look similar enough.

Back