Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W confusion!

I've got this PSU (Had it for about 3 or 4 years now) and I'm now confused about the power it's supplying. It appears to be 2 500W PSUs combined, and the way it's distributing power to the 12v rails has me flummoxed. From what I can tell, it has 2 rails each at 20 amps, and then 2 more each at 36 amps. What are the 2x20 amp rails supplying? Are the 36 amp rails sharing power with the CPU etc? I've got a GTX 770 at the moment on the V4 rail, and Nvidia says this requires a rail with 42 amps - am I getting over this 42 amps between the 20 and 36 amp rails? Is everything combined from these 2 seperate 500w sources? See, I can't even explain this correctly! Any explanation MUCH appreciated.

I've got this PSU (Had it for about 3 or 4 years now) and I'm now confused about the power it's supplying. It appears to be 2 500W PSUs combined, and the way it's distributing power to the 12v rails has me flummoxed. From what I can tell, it has 2 rails each at 20 amps, and then 2 more each at 36 amps. What are the 2x20 amp rails supplying? Are the 36 amp rails sharing power with the CPU etc? I've got a GTX 770 at the moment on the V4 rail, and Nvidia says this requires a rail with 42 amps - am I getting over this 42 amps between the 20 and 36 amp rails? Is everything combined from these 2 seperate 500w sources? See, I can't even explain this correctly! Any explanation MUCH appreciated.

Did you contact Thermaltake to ask them?
They have a very good support sector, i had e-mailed them a couple of times, and each time they responded quite fast.
Personally, i was very pleased with their support :)

Back