Thermaltake Riing fans vs Fractal HP Fans

jnick

2[H]4U
I have the Corsair H100i v2 and have replaced the stock fans. From my research, it seemed like the fractal HP-120's were really good for radiators considering their air flow to noise ratio.

However, I'm seeing a lot of popularity with the Thermaltake Riing fans. I hear they're amazingly quiet, "best fans I ever used."

With that said, I am looking to get the best fan I can for my setup. Even though I just bought two HP-120's, I'm willing to swap them out if the riing fans are better. Is there anyone here that has experience with both?

Thanks!

I've used and had good luck with both in the past, and put the Riings in my sons gaming rig (4790k @4.5ghz) with the same cooler, mainly cause he liked the cool look of them :)

I have the Corsair H100i v2 and have replaced the stock fans. From my research, it seemed like the fractal HP-120's were really good for radiators considering their air flow to noise ratio.

However, I'm seeing a lot of popularity with the Thermaltake Riing fans. I hear they're amazingly quiet, "best fans I ever used."

With that said, I am looking to get the best fan I can for my setup. Even though I just bought two HP-120's, I'm willing to swap them out if the riing fans are better. Is there anyone here that has experience with both?

Thanks!

The Noctua NF-F12 PWM is supposed to be excellent for radiators since it has high static pressure. Also they aren't really loud (22 dB/A) 2.61 mmH20.

slightly off topic but what makes a fan have higher pressure vs cfm? ill be honest i never understood how fans have higher or lower pressure vs another.

Seconded on the Riings look cool, and work well. But to be completely honest- you are chasing a degree or two at most. If you like the sound of what you have, keep em'! If not, Riings or the new Corsair magnetic bearing fans might be good.

Unless you are looking to upgrade for looks- then all bets (and wallet safety) are off!

Back