Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Full Tower

HardOCP News

[H] News
Looking for a full-tower case to put your system in? Then check out this review of the Thermaltake Overseer RX-I posted at Pro-Clockers today. Here's a quote from the review:

Today, we will not be taking a look at their clothing line-up but one of their newest cases. The RX-I aka Overseer is a full sized chassis that is aimed purely at the gamer in us. From the future-like front facial to the interior opening for large video cards says I want to be a gamer rig. But what Thermaltake has done with the full-sized case is make it pretty inexpensive for the consumer.

It looks like a transformer that has a cold and can only transform into a useless blob of tech-looking widgets.

I'm starting to think that some of these companies need to start hiring adults to design their cases...

It looks like a giant black plastic jerrycan.

It looks like a transformer that has a cold and can only transform into a useless blob of tech-looking widgets.

I'm starting to think that some of these companies need to start hiring adults to design their cases...

these three comments sum up exactly what i thought after checking the link.

i'm almost ashamed to own a thermaltake case these days. my old mozart TX case tho odd looking (sorta double-wide & tall), looks a hell of a lot better (and made entirely of aluminium to boot) than the last crop of 'lego' inspired cases. to be fair, i think they're really marketed at a 'very' young demographic.

Okay, I love the internals, but then there was nothing wrong with the internals of the Xaser VI, or the Xaser III.

I would like to see a sensible case from Thermaltake again, the Xaser III was the closest I had to that, closed panels filters on all the intakes, so dust really couldn't get in, the only place it could sneak through was the optical drive bays.

This one has no side panel filtration, no front filtration from the look of it...unless your counting the mesh, which won't stop anything.

I like Thermaltake cases, but the V9 was the last one I actually liked, it looks like they are running into that Antec problem, cheaper cases, with more plastic.

these three comments sum up exactly what i thought after checking the link.

i'm almost ashamed to own a thermaltake case these days. my old mozart TX case tho odd looking (sorta double-wide & tall), looks a hell of a lot better (and made entirely of aluminium to boot) than the last crop of 'lego' inspired cases. to be fair, i think they're really marketed at a 'very' young demographic.

I remember the Mozart. I always regretted not buying one. I really liked the design but never pulled the trigger.

:(

I remember the Mozart. I always regretted not buying one. I really liked the design but never pulled the trigger.

:(

they're quirky cases (mozart tx). it's not perfect tho it's served me well since '07 and is currently getting a 'facelift'. have a thread on the mod;
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1621835
...to be honest, i wonder if i'll ever finish it.

back to topic, (Thermaltake Overseer RX), why do the TT cases have to look so 'special'...in a bad way?

It looks retarded. I'm tired of the Plastic piece's of shit over saturating the computer case market

If you're in the "gamer" crowd that this case is being marketed to then this is good. I like the big fans, I'm sure even TT can't mess up on the noise with those 200mm ones. Only thing is you might get "tired" of an edgy case like this one, with elegant ones like Lian Li and Corsair that isn't as likely.

imo this looks eerily similar to corsair's HAF-X

The HAF-X is a frickin' monster beast of a case. I'd love to have one but it would never fit under my desk. I'm still using the Antec 900 and there's only about a palm's width of room between it and the keyboard tray :eek:

The new SilverStone KL04 is in the same price range as this case 130-140..why would i pick this case of the SilverStone i mean this mid tower can support up to 15 total storage devices,supports up to huge video cards, aluminium case no plastic crap...Thermaltake has been in the game long enough to know that is just a shit case from the start....bet they have monkeys designing their case for them still..

The new SilverStone KL04 is in the same price range as this case 130-140..why would i pick this case of the SilverStone i mean this mid tower can support up to 15 total storage devices,supports up to huge video cards, aluminium case no plastic crap...Thermaltake has been in the game long enough to know that is just a shit case from the start....bet they have monkeys designing their case for them still..

I was looking into getting the Shark case, but after finding out my current cards wouldn't fit, I went with the Xaser VI, it's okay, but I hate the mesh screens for the lack of dust prevention, still a solid chassis though, and unfortunately not sold on Newegg anymore, slowly getting more crap with steel and plastic.

Back