ThermalTake Mambo Case $9.99 AR @ New Egg

Nice find, reminds me of my Coolmaster Cavalier 3 :).

thought it was a great buy. then shipping costs come into view. i guess im heading to frys fro that super lanboy case instead

Leon2ky said:
Nice find, reminds me of my Coolmaster Cavalier 3 :).

yeah, thermaltake are copycatters, but hey if it's cheaper, and similar, Ill take it! But Ill pass on this one, dont need another case....

Those bastards! I just bought one a few days ago with a $20 MIR.

By any chance was this the zipzoomfly mambo? I spent about $35 on it and with a $15 MIR I have yet to receive. Anyway, my only beef with the mambo is that the HD fan has no way to intake cold air and that there is no fan expansion port at the top of the case.

Thanks, bought one to start a rig for my sisters/parents to use.

Specs:
(This case)
AM2 Sempron 3000+
512MB (2x256MB) Corsair Value DDR2-533
Western Digital 80GB SATA
Lite-On 52x CD-RW
400w PSU
ECS Nvidia 6100 Mobo

-=Antimatter=- said:
Thanks, bought one to start a rig for my sisters/parents to use.

Specs:
(This case)
AM2 Sempron 3000+
512MB (2x256MB) Corsair Value DDR2-533
Western Digital 80GB SATA
Lite-On 52x CD-RW
400w PSU
ECS Nvidia 6100 Mobo

very nice. they will love that.

Haven't installed anything yet, but got one of these about a week ago. I can't imagine there could be better for the price. Looks to be a nice amount of room inside. Not quite as sturdy as the Soprano I used for my friend, but seems to be good enough. With all the fans installed I imagine it would have good airflow. One thing I really like is the vent around the expansion slots. On top of all that, it looks pretty good compared to the other $40 cases.

Last week this only had a $20 rebate. So after shipping everything evens out to about $40. Seems like a very good price to me.

Ah, I forgot about the shipping. Turns out I got a better deal after all. CDN$28 after the $20 MIR, free shipping. This one is US$28 after a $30 MIR.

There's a bit of an airflow problem for the front fan, compared to higher-end cases, but it's still amazing for the price. I should have grabbed a second one while the shipping deal was still on.

Back