Thermaltake Level 10 Unboxing @ [H]

For $700+ I'd most certainly have someone build me (or partially build, have someone do the 'hard part' with tools I don't have) a custom case of some sort so that I could get the looks and layout exactly how I want.

I want to see a live streaming system build like that kid did a couple days ago. It was the best 2 hours of my whole last week, a great way to end it.

I'm torn on the design, but I will say this, from a cooling aspect, for 700 bucks, this better be the next best thing to being able to wrap a TRUE around your entire hardware config. For ease of use/installation, again, for the price, it better be easier than an ex-girlfriend. If those two things are what's going on with it, hell, I might be interested over an 800D.

Love to see someone run a full internal water cooling system in this case

Hmmm. How about mounting radiators (say four quad rads) in stand beside it?

Really, as others have pointed out, they mostly just copied the design and layout concepts of the Edelweiss case and added more bays to make it a mainstream product.

I prefere the Edelweiss case too. And for the price of the Level 10, I could probably do a full custom wood & acrylic case.

Hmmm. How about mounting radiators (say four quad rads) in stand beside it?

That wouldn't be internal now would it, internal 1 unit so you can pick it up and go to a LAN ;)

Doesn't matter to me truly I wouldn't ever do it because the computer would weight 200lbs when said and done. case is 50lbs alone

You smell that? It's envious loathing...
No, that's just a little of my vomit. First I looked at it, then I saw the price, and the combination of the two --I just couldn't keep it down. Sorry there, guys, I'll clean it up. :p

That wouldn't be internal now would it, internal 1 unit so you can pick it up and go to a LAN ;)

Doesn't matter to me truly I wouldn't ever do it because the computer would weight 200lbs when said and done. case is 50lbs alone

Ok, so how about attaching the rad mounts to the back/flat side of the case? It'd be one piece, though too heavy to be readily portable.

I only counted 9 levels. The 10th must be the top of the drive bays where you put your coffee cups. They should have included a coaster.....

Oh, and while I could afford one, I'll pass due to cleaning. It would be a bitch to keep clean, or to clean when you get sick of the white layers of dust. So many nooks and not enough crannies. Maybe that's the level 10 bit, you have to go through ten levels of tolerance to clean it.

I don't see myself replacing my TT shark. Ever. :(

You smell that? It's envious loathing...

Nope. I don't loathe it, nor am I envious of it. It is possible to not like how it looks without being envious or loathing it. Using your "logic", if I said I dislike mint flavored ice cream, I must be envious and loathing that. No, it's just not the flavor of ice cream I'd want to eat.

If someone else likes the case, great.

So..someone posted "+10". -10 back at you for your assumption that "envious loathing" is included in dislike. :p

On advertising, when it becomes too much, the way I "deal with it" is to avoid it. If I don't want to deal with the advertising that goes with a [H]ardOCP vid, then I'm not going to view the video, and the site will lose that page hit. Kyle has to pay the bills, but I know he doesn't want to alienate his audience, either. Constructive criticism can help him gauge how far to go.

I, for one, will not watch any video anywhere re any subject matter if it includes an advert lead-in. Too many readily available ad-free alternatives re the same subject matter, whatever it may be. Ya wanna kill on-line pr0n? Stick an ad in it.

I’d like to see that red line idea on other case’s like the TJ07, PC-A05 or 800D, it’ll give them a classy look.

That thing looks awesome. $700 is too extreme for me, but it seems like you do get what you pay for. It's got that high-tech supercomputer look for your home thing going on. Goes nicely with all the other expensive toys you can probably buy if you can afford this.

personally, i like it, and look forward to the install review. I have the Thermaltake Mozart TX and love it.

I dont know whats gonna make it worth $700, maybe $500 if its just the case. I look forward to how the build goes.

Love the case...problem is that $700 bucks is just under the normal budget for a new PC for me...

This is a big fucking deal!

actually... no, it's not... it's a butt ugly "case" designed for a certain demographic...

i'm going to go down to my basement, change the cat box and slap a BMW badge on the bag and sell it on ebay as co-branded BMW cat shit....

reserve set to $800

in other news, thanks for the woolite ads..... Stacey London is TOTALLY hot, esp. with that skunk stripe....
i'd spend $700 to unbox her....

Last edited:
ended up killing the never ending Lysol advert video and just looked at the pics

i think i still prefer my 800d

Thats nothing! Everyone in texas has one, we get a free gun with every bottle of whisky.
I thought it was a free belt buckle? :p

The first time I saw this case I nearly puked. Sorry, it's fugly beyond proper explanation and expensive beyond reality. Certainly a niche product like those $800+ custom painted cases that Newegg used to carry.

I almost bought one of these after they were released. My only issue is I am using a Coolit systems Boreas TEC cooler which I use for winning swag and gear every year. My issue is I would be limited to the H20 or I would have to modify the case like my exisiting Raven R-01 to support the chiller. I run my i7 Extreme at 4.4Ghz which I dont think the H20 could support cooling that amount of heat on a daily basis.

What Proc you running in the case? and are you OCing? What temps you getting?

BTW I do love that case. I would buy it if I could support my OCing and scores for hardware :)

Obviously not designed for most folks, just hearing the price alone should let you know that. The design is far from "for everybody." There are some very good internal designs and features built into the case that become more evident as you start to use it. But assured there is a narrow demographic of those that will actually appreciate it and also be able to afford it.

That all said, you have to give Thermaltake props for literally thinking "outside of the box" and bringing it to production. No matter what your thoughts of how it looks, producing something of this design is VERY expensive. Yea, you can point to the one-off guys here and there, but the fact of the matter is that it is a LOT more difficult to mass produce something like this with the attention of detail that is being executed than simply building one in your garage.

Innovation like this is needed in our industry. I remember when it was something very special to just have a BlowHole in your case. That was only 12 years ago. You can poopoo the looks of it all you want, but to just dump on it without any appreciation for what you are looking at is ignorant and quite frankly, probably stagnating to our industry. When you cannot even appreciate an idea or effort to expand our hobby and industry, then you are likely done with it personally. I am very surprised at the lack of respect the effort has garnered from some of you.

Ok, so how about attaching the rad mounts to the back/flat side of the case? It'd be one piece, though too heavy to be readily portable.

Again you are not seeing my point, my point was it is IMPOSSIBLE to fit a water cooling system inside of this case... and a rad on the back (if it is outside) isn't considered "internal"

AGAIN this case is heavy and would be way to heavy with water cooling, you would need a fork lift to move the thing and would have to mount angle iron on your desk for support :D lol

My original statement was more of a joke then for someone to tell me how they might do it.

Buy one and start a log and show me how to do a internal water cooling system, and the H50 DOESN'T COUNT!!!!! I own a H50 it is a very nice cooler but even as a owner I don't consider it a "real" water cooling system. It is just a water cooler, system doesn't apply to it. Anyone can bolt in a H50, but anymore just about anyone can build a water cooling system.

I remember when all your case choices were beige. Pretty much every computer was beige. There was little you could do about it without busting out a can of Krylon. Change is good. :)

Wow, please dont remind me lol. Scarey that I still see them pop of in my IT profession still. I am so glad that someone started the trend of changing the looks back then :)

Those are some really shiny floors!
Whats in the two boxes by the stairs?

I've always been intrigued by the design especially whats up with the long handle area. I don't think I've ever seen the inside of any of the compartments so... don't skimp on that section. However the price will keep me form ever owning one or thinking of buying one. I'm going to be building a system soon, a completely new once since... oh hell the AMD K7 series but the price of this case alone is about %40 of my entire build and I am not happy that my current case is about $180 not including shipping.

Well now it's nearly impossible to get a case without LED fans and windows instead. ;)

Sometimes I miss the old beige cases as they were much more fun to mod.

There are still some blank canvases out there, albeit not beige anymore :D

I'd own one in a heartbeat if somebody else were paying for it. Very beautiful and innovative design. And it's good to see that they take steps to make sure that not even UPS can destroy it in transit.

I'm sure there is a little bit of that $700 premium going into BMW's pocket but i'm sure the build process on that case is quite expensive when you consider the ammount and type of materials and their mounting to the superstructire.

That being said, again id only own one if somebody else were paying for it, or if my fincial situation changed drastically for the better to the point where i had much more usable free income.

Shane

I'm curious about this things cooling abilities. Also if the new mile long video cards are going to be a problem or not.

Kyle, I am sure everyone who visits [H]ardOCP has a passion for computers and tech equipment, and loves seeing advances in those areas. Certainly we all appreciate the various choices we currently have that we didn't even a few years ago, let alone twelve. We all applaud innovation and wish it would occur more frequently and at affordable prices. Items such as Antec's CPX power supply and Skeleton cases, although somewhat of limited appeal, at least shows that certain companies are willing to build specialized items for enthusiasts and try to stretch the established parameters of available equipment any of us can buy. I don't anyone begrudges Thermaltake for thinking outside the box at all when coming up with the Level 10!!

Because of these various choices, that means there will be extremes in items available for us to buy. The Level 10 marks the end of one extreme.. the expensive end of computer cases. You shouldn't be surprised by the negative reaction towards the Level 10 as extremes seem to polarize people more often then the established, safe middle ground. Certainly the looks of the Level 10 are subjective to each individual person. ANY computer case, no matter how wacky or plain jane, will have it's detractors as well as defenders. And then there will always be some people who just don't like a given manufacturer through bad personal experiences, reputation, etc.

Kyle, what I would like to see out of your review is how well made & durable the Level 10 is, how easy or hard it is to build a rig with it, how practical is it to use, and how much of that $700 anyone spends on it is going towards a well build, forward thinking, innovative computer case, or towards a conversation piece of industrial art. It it really $200-400 more of a computer case than the Silverstone TJ10B-WESA, ABS Canyon 695, LIAN LI PC-888, Corsair 800D, etc.?

I have no doubt this case rocks.. but how [H]ard it rocks is the $700 question!!

PS.. How come I have a feeling in a few months Rosewill will put out a similar looking case for only $100?!?!

PSS.. Please put your review on VIDEO!!

PSSS.. Glad we are way past the "good old days" of computer cases..

all-computer-cases-350x350.gif

Well now it's nearly impossible to get a case without LED fans and windows instead. ;)

Sometimes I miss the old beige cases as they were much more fun to mod.

For my last build I had a hard time finding a good case that wasn't full of windows and LEDs

I too loved painting and modding up the old beige cases, there isn't much to mod on these cases any more, they are all ready modded and I wouldn't want to mess with them. (sure there is a few things I want to mod on mine, but nothing that I will waste my time on)

Oh and I couldn't see taking a knife to a $700 case, but I cut the piss out of many $20-$40 beige cases :D

Dude.............

You tease me more than the "cougar woman".................

I wanna see the inside of the thing, goddammit...............

I don't care about the fucking box....................open that bitch up and let me see what's inside.:eek:

please.:D

oh yeah, where you gonna put any watercooling stuff? Those BMW boys never talked to anybody who was [H]ard.............sissies.

I think it's only $100 more than that Zalman case with passive cooling from a few years back, that was a slab of aluminum essentially...but better looking.

I think it looks pretty cool. Glad to see something different. Is it just air cool or water cool. Or can you pick which one you want to do? Very neat I would love to see a test if you can air cool it and water cool it to see how much better this design is. I was thinking of this case for my next build but I have put it off until some nice SSD with the new SATA 3.0 come out.

You might be a redneck if your gun safe is bigger than your refrigerator :rolleyes:

I think in this context we can also say, you might be a tech nerd if your computer case costs more than your refrigerator....and is bigger than your refrigerator.

Back