Thermaltake Floe Riing 360MM CLC question

greyboxer

Limp Gawd
Can anyone comment on the reliability of thermaltake's Floe Riing CLCs?

With corsair finally releasing a 360mm CLC, I am starting to become torn as to what I should buy for my current rig. I have a Fractal Define R5 that supports 280, 360 and 420mm rads in the top position.

I have it more or less narrowed down to the H150i (360mm, 3x ML series corsair fans, no led) and the Thermaltake Riing Floe (360mm, 3x Riing 14 RGB fans, fan controller).

Since my corsair H50 has lasted over 8 years without a leak, I am leaning towards the reliability and the warranty of the corsair, but if anyone could weigh in with their experiences - the Thermaltake 360mm was rated 97%, basically a must buy, best in class CLC by Tweaktown. Would you recommend corsair reliability, or thermaltake's performance and excellent color scheme? Any dark horses here(not listed? S36, perhaps)? I am not interested in an air cooler. However, I noticed a 320 X2 prestige for sale on this forum, but I am not really comfortable with anything but a CLC.

While I was looking at various fans for my yet in progress build I have come across the Thermaltake fans (Riing Premium 140mm RGB mumbo jumbo). My radiator is external so I thought of getting RGB fans for use as mood lights (rad will be against the wall).

Anyway, I have not found solid evidence that they are good Radiator fans with proper static pressure whereas the ML Pro fans by corsair are probably the top dog here and perform great a radiator fans.
On the contrary I have read comments about the Riing RGB fans stating that they are not that good at producing high static pressure. Now, the system from Thermaltake might indeed be good overall but this might not be because of the fans so bear that in mind.

I would wait and see some reviews of the H150i before I purchase to be sure. In my case I am going with the ML 140 Pros for performance on my 9X140 external rad unless they come out with an RGB version of those within the next month (I doubt it).

If someone has any data pointing to the static pressure performance of the Riing Premium Thermaltake fans I would be interested to see it.

With a 360mm rad both will cool adequately

I have a 360mm CLC rad from deepcool.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE4YD5748

I’m using thermaltake riing fans on it for cosmetic purpose. They spin at silent 800-900 RPM and my overclocked 6850k can’t even begin to overrun the rad. Plenty of cooling headroom.

So don’t pick on performace. That’s immaterial because any 360 rad will be adequate

Pick on vendor reputation or cosmetics as your two chief factors
Or
You could even buy the corsair cooler for reputation and replace the corsair fans with riing fans for cosmetics which is similar to what I did. (Though I ended up with the deepcool model because of a good deal I found ——reviews aren’t as good on it but I’ve had no problems in six months and I like the CPU water cooling turbine engine/reactor block look)

1080 ti
F85A3699-26A9-41FD-B732-5F14D6E64AB5.jpeg

Vega 64 water cooled
0A164926-B939-45C3-BB6C-5999365DFEE9.jpeg

Last edited:
With a 360mm rad both will cool adequately

I have a 360mm CLC rad from deepcool.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE4YD5748

I’m using thermaltake riing fans on it for cosmetic purpose. They spin at silent 800-900 RPM and my overclocked 6850k can’t even begin to overrun the rad. Plenty of cooling headroom.

So don’t pick on performace. That’s immaterial because any 360 rad will be adequate

Pick on vendor reputation or cosmetics as your two chief factors
Or
You could even buy the corsair cooler for reputation and replace the corsair fans with riing fans for cosmetics which is similar to what I did. (Though I ended up with the deepcool model because of a good deal I found ——reviews aren’t as good on it but I’ve had no problems in six months and I like the CPU water cooling turbine engine/reactor block look)

1080 ti
View attachment 48332

Vega 64 water cooled
View attachment 48334

Yeah the 360mm is Plenty. aio pumps going bad though...had a handful, then you can't really find a Replacement....Why the Loop is better imo all kinda pumps/rezes that can work. and different waterblocks etc. Performance isn't all that much different, just think it's a better system.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the responses. Its hard when so many CLCs are barely different because of asetek's hold on the pump/radiator patent.

Well, another option would be to go for a good 280 AIO (not much difference vs the 360) and save up for going custom in the future.

Back