Thermaltake eSPORTS G1 Keyboard Cherry Black $80 AR

holy crap the red is a flashy board. Bump for mechanical but I think i will stick to my filco. Once you TKL its hard to go back 10k is only necessary for my accounting job so the das stays there.

I need to try out a mechanical keyboard. I've been using the same one for almost decade..not even sure what mine is lol

Good deal on this keyboard, but I never got the appeal of mechanical. My first few keyboards ever were mechanical so now the technology just feels... old, like typing on a typewriter.

Last edited:
Good deal on this keyboard, but I never got the appeal of mechanical. My first few keyboards ever were mechanical so now the technology just feels... old, like typing on a typewriter.

Newer doesn't mean better. Capacitive/dome keyboards offer some advantages, primarily price, which is why you can get a functioning keyboard for $10. Doesn't mean it provides as good of a typing experience, if that is something that is important to you.

Newer doesn't mean better. Capacitive/dome keyboards offer some advantages, primarily price, which is why you can get a functioning keyboard for $10. Doesn't mean it provides as good of a typing experience, if that is something that is important to you.

What you consider as good a typing experience.

I am almost 20 wpm slower on a mechanical keyboard because of the longer key throw, and I find them to be significantly less comfortable.

It's completely a personal preference.

I am almost 20 wpm slower on a mechanical keyboard because of the longer key throw, and I find them to be significantly less comfortable.

Makes sense.

Agreed! I'm a much more accurate/fast typist on scissor switch boards like my SIIG Premium Aluminum.

I do, however, prefer my Quickfire TK Cherry Red board for gaming.

Back