Thermaltake DPS G PC APP 2.0 Software Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Thermaltake DPS G PC APP 2.0 Software Review - We have seen several companies tackle software when it comes to supporting enthusiast power supply installs, and quite frankly, we have not been terribly impressed with any of the software we have seen to date. That is not to say we do not welcome advancements, we just wish those were a bit more advanced. Thermaltake steps up to the plate today!

Good write-up. I find myself asking the question that Paul hints at. "Why does this exist?"

I feel the same way. What......good......is ......this?
I have a Corsair HXi 1200, it has this Corsair Link software which has the same functionality......oh boy, I could change the fan speed......or just let the PSU do it like every PSU before this.
I can look at the voltages.....so.....

The Corsair PSU you can also change from multi-rail to single-rail voltage......ok.....so.....

Much a-do about nothing.

Last edited:
Inaccurate, missing some key parameters, lack of any significant user control over the power supply = wasted space on your computer. Social networking? LOL

Good review and hopefully TT can fine tune their software over time to make it truly useful and accurate.

I feel the same way. What......good......is ......this?
I have a Corsair HXi 1200, it has this Corsair Link software which has the same functionality......oh boy, I could change the fan speed......or just let the PSU do it like every PSU before this.
I can look at the voltages.....so.....

The Corsair PSU you can also change from multi-rail to single-rail voltage......ok.....so.....

Much a-do about nothing.
I have to disagree. My H100i fan speeds were a little aggressive at stock settings, and vy setting a custom curve, it is much better behaved these days, and much quieter in my HTPC.
That said, I'm not sure that PSU efficiency, power draw or anything else is share-worthy.

And I am NOT a fan of the interface. Why does it need to display only one dial at a time? IN the age of 1080p monitors being essentially standard, or minimum, on the PCs these PSUs will go into, you'd think they would be able to come up with a UI that takes advantage of that real estate better than a single value at a time (represented twice!).
These software suites come across as "me too" efforts, without asking the primary question of "why? What value does this give to our customers?"

Last: How is Paul still on Windows 7 AND not using iOS or Android?!

I have to disagree. My H100i fan speeds were a little aggressive at stock settings, and vy setting a custom curve, it is much better behaved these days, and much quieter in my HTPC.
That said, I'm not sure that PSU efficiency, power draw or anything else is share-worthy.

And I am NOT a fan of the interface. Why does it need to display only one dial at a time? IN the age of 1080p monitors being essentially standard, or minimum, on the PCs these PSUs will go into, you'd think they would be able to come up with a UI that takes advantage of that real estate better than a single value at a time (represented twice!).
These software suites come across as "me too" efforts, without asking the primary question of "why? What value does this give to our customers?"

My HXi is in a system where fan speed or fan noise is irrelevant.
The only reason I installed the software was to change the default multi-rail to single-rail 12V distribution.
The multi-rail was all wrong for my system and it's set by default. Sort of forcing you to install some bloatware you don't need.

The only reason I installed the software was to change the default multi-rail to single-rail 12V distribution.
The multi-rail was all wrong for my system and it's set by default. Sort of forcing you to install some bloatware you don't need.
Got it. Well, I guess the benefit is that it CAN be changed at all. AFAIK, that kind of change is not available on PSUs generally...

Excellent article, except for the title. Could you please be a little more open? Something like "Thermaltake's PSU management software v1.4"? I only read it because I clicked on it by accident.

Excellent article, except for the title. Could you please be a little more open? Something like "Thermaltake's PSU management software v1.4"? I only read it because I clicked on it by accident.

Sorry, no. We do not change article titles after that article is published.

You clearly missed the also still using Opera.

What can I say though, I use the OS most commonly on the market for testing and I like my cell phone to work all the time.

Corsair could allow you to change that without software, it just has to be implemented via dip switches. It is easier for the brand to implement that way than the software aspect as well.

Back