Thermaltake Cooling YMMV HELP PLEASE!

Well, I was at Radio Shack to pass some time and hopefully look at some radios, but realized that they do not sell car radios and was forced to just 'look around'. Being that the store is no bigger than a subway, I never realized that they have a computer cooling isle, about 4 feet long, with CPU cooling, cables, and water cooling systems galore, ALLLLLL on clearance. The problem I am facing is whether or not to buy some of them in order to use, or even sell on ebay.

Being that I did not write down the models : ( stupid me, I can only picture two of the heatsinks being:

Thermaltake CL-P0257 Blue orb II CPU Cooler for LGA775 & K8 - Retail for $15

Thermaltake CL-P0456 140mm CPU Cooler - Retail for $20

Both found on NewEgg. I believe the second one was there, but not 100% sure. All their cooling systems were from 50-90% off retail pricing on their side. No one ever goes there so I am not afraid of losing the deal so take your time. Basically, I want to know if it is worth taking my time and picking them up, about 15 minutes out of my way. Appreciate the help. . . Also, they had round cables for $2 each, filters for pennies, a full water cooling system for $45, but can't remember exacts.

I might just use the two laptops they have on display to search ebay while I am there :)

Thanks. . .

The second Thermaltake cooler you listed is a steal for $20. The other isn't worth bothering with. Neither are the watercooling kits, considering the cheap ones that RadioShack sells probably aren't even as good as high-end air anyway.

the blue orb has a rich history, I remember when they were the newest thing. It can still overclock a quad, if you dont push it to its voltage limits

Back