Thermaltake, Coolermaster, Which will hold my triple radiator? Stylish?

crewxp

Limp Gawd
Hi. I'm purchasing a new setup and am on the last bits of my setup.

I'm trying to chose a case. Right now I have a Coolermaster Stacker t01 case. On the bottom is a triple radiator 3 120mm fans in length.

I want to purchase a new case as mine is wearing down, but I don't know which cases will hold a triple radiator.

Will Coolermaster's HAF X or HAF 932 Advanced support it? My PSU is at the top right now so I'm worried if it's at the bottom, a triple radiator won't fit. I also want something that is stylish. Any recommendations for me?

Considering:
  • Thermaltake Armor+
  • Thermaltake Armor Revo
  • Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
  • Thermaltake Level 10 GT (Pricey. Is it worth it?)
  • Coolermaster HAF X
  • Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced
  • Antec DF-85
  • any Lian Li Case (Pricey, but only if it's worth it)

I'm leaning towards the Coolermaster HAF x vs 932 Advanced because of the price.

Will any of the above cases fit my radiator best? And which do you think is stylish?

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm taking a look at it now.

Would any of you say that the NZXT is better than the HAF X series? I know the HAF has been out a while already.

All I really care about is SPACE and Looks. Quality is a plus but comes after!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm taking a look at it now.

Would any of you say that the NZXT is better than the HAF X series? I know the HAF has been out a while already.

All I really care about is SPACE and Looks. Quality is a plus but comes after!

I'm really not a fan of the HAF X at all-the build quality leaves much to be desired (so much plastic in the construction), the interior layout is mediocre (without much accommodation for cable routing), and the looks are tacky and cheap (but that's a subjective opinion). It's also really big and heavy, and unnecessarily so (as the interior is not that roomy).

Here are a couple of [H] rigs using the Switch 810...I honestly think it's one of the best new cases for WCing. It's highly modular (drive cages, etc can be removed) and is loaded with features (washable fan filters, plenty of grometted holes for cable management, etc) Lot's of space and plenty of options for running a loop.

openlights.jpg

6988505888_75371379f1_c.jpg

whoa! that's awesome. IT doesn't look like my triple radiator (what they have on their top) will fit on the bottom. How do they mount it on the top? Should I look at also finding a mount for it at the top too?

My radiator is in a push pull config. Fans on bottom of the radiator, fans on top.

btw: I wish I could rep you. Thanks for pointing out this case to me! All I go on is reviews and that means that I miss out on new stuff as it is usually yet to be mass reviewed

Anyone else recommend this case too? This is new to me!

whoa! that's awesome. IT doesn't look like my triple radiator (what they have on their top) will fit on the bottom. How do they mount it on the top? Should I look at also finding a mount for it at the top too?

My radiator is in a push pull config. Fans on bottom of the radiator, fans on top.

btw: I wish I could rep you. Thanks for pointing out this case to me! All I go on is reviews and that means that I miss out on new stuff as it is usually yet to be mass reviewed

Anyone else recommend this case too? This is new to me!

I'm not sure on the specifics other than the case supports 3x120mm rad on top and 2x120mm at the front. You should be able to run push/pull on the top mounted rad without a problem. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable on the subject will chime in soon.

^-^

I think I've decided. Thank you SO MUCH for your recommendation. I had somehow completely missed that case. The reviews on it are awesome! And there's even an hour long review on it that i'll watch tomorrow.

Is there a thread for the Switch 810? I'm curious to see more pictures of that case!

And if anyone knows how I mount my radiator on top as they did, I hope you find the time to post!

..Extremely excited

You can mount your rad to the top, but you will lose access to the top drive bay. I know there's a small plate just under that, which may also block airflow.
It also won't work if you use a super thick radiator with push pull.

Aside from that, it should be fine.

How thick can the radiator be?

The radiator I have is a (Swiftech Radiator - MCR320 Quiet Power Series Triple 120 mm)

I have 3 120mm YateLoon fans on top and 3 on bottom.

How thick can the radiator be?

The radiator I have is a (Swiftech Radiator - MCR320 Quiet Power Series Triple 120 mm)

I have 3 120mm YateLoon fans on top and 3 on bottom.

You should have no problems mounting that rad in push/pull, it looks to be sized normally.

Is there a thread for the Switch 810? I'm curious to see more pictures of that case!

Here are some threads you can look at:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1666790
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1688290 (WC build log)
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1692390 (another WC build)
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1619820&page=4 (NZXT gallery)

Coup more pics

computer1.jpg

7171957048_d87898e831_c.jpg

Back