Thermaltake Cases: Kandalf - $71...Shark - $61 +Shipping

gr!m

Limp Gawd
2/20 Update: Some unfortunate news to some. Out of stock now, looks like they just wanted to deplete the dwindling last few cases. Mine is in the mail so amen to that, and amen to a steal of a deal.

UPDATE!!!! Even though I paid $10 more yesterday I checked back today and the Kandalf is now $63.20 and the Shark is 55.20!!!! Scorching Hot Deal!

eCost is clearing out their inventory because they are going out of business apparently.\

The Thermaltake Shark (Black, aluminum) is $61 + Shipping (Usually $150+)

The Thermaltake Kandalf (Black, Steel) $71 + Shipping (Usually goes for over $200+.)

Their reseller rating is absolute garbage sporting a 1/10 for the past six months. Their bizrate rating is MUCH better. I bit and paid with a credit card that way I can always dispute if necessary. I've gotten mixed reviews from people I know.

My Order Status:
2/19: Order confirmed via email. Waiting for a ship out notice, I will give it 3 days. Total was $98.01 including ground (3-8 day) shipping if I remember correctly.
2/19 Second Check: Order sent to warehouse.
2/20 12:15AM: ITEM SHIPPED via DHL home (Weight is 47lbs....I feel sorry for the delivery man!!!!) Now the only hope is it arrives as promised an unscathed.For $98 shipped for a $200+ case I think its all good!

Other notes:
I ordered the Kandalf because it has gotten absolutely fantastic reviews across the board at multiple sites. Just google "Thermaltake Kandalf Reviews" and lots will come up. I must say this thing is quite a monster weighing in at 18.6kg for the steel model. The aluminum model unfortunately was not the same low low price, but I'll sacrifice weight for this awesome deal. I pray it works out. If it does I may order another just to eBay!

That's crazy low prices. Let us know how this one turns out. I may buy one myself.

I bought a monitor about 2-3 years ago from ecost. The order was uneventful and unless something strange has happened with these guys as of late (just noticced the comment about going out of biz :(), I would expect this deal is a go.

-Absinthe

*Edit- Google checkout for an additional $10 off.....very nice.

*Edit 2 - $27.29 shipping - OUCH!

*Edit 2 - $27.29 shipping - OUCH!

That is for 2 day which is auto selects...if you scroll down to ground it's less. What do you expect, it's 18.9kg. This ting they said can get over 50lbs when fully loaded! lol. It's a monster.

Interesting deal but worrisome w/ the suspected instability and low resellerratings.

That is for 2 day which is auto selects...if you scroll down to ground it's less. What do you expect, it's 18.9kg. This ting they said can get over 50lbs when fully loaded! lol. It's a monster.

Umm, no thats for ground, 2 day was even more. I can send a 50lbs 2.5x3x3 box across the country for $20 w/ insurance via DHL. I expect they can do a bit better than I. :p

Edit : Still a nice price!

Thanks gr!m!

im considering now too damnit. Question: in light of clearing stock, is there anything else? I would be more inclined to pay such huge shipping charges if i could toss in more for little added shipping cost.

Haha yeah that is why I kind of warmed everyone. the RR ratings SUCK. I do have a few people who I know personally who have had no problem, just thier shipping isslow. Hence why I used my no liability CC lol. I hope this deal does go through though.

forget the RR ratings! I ordered today around 12 noon and my order shipped already! Should receive it by wednesday, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

the kandalf can no longer be found either.. it was what i would've bought of the two :(

i just ordered a thermaltake armor from them 2 weeks ago, for $88.00
got here in a week and the item is just fine.

Looks like mine will be here Wednesday and I just ordered Monday! Wow fast shipping!

As long as my case come inperfect condition I plan on leaving them a sterling RR review. I also think those types ofsites bring in negative feedback where as people who were happy with the service feel it's unnessecary.

I got my Kandalf case today..came brand new in box and not a single scratch! Too bad the deal is dead now, I was gonna buy more!

Yep, Shark is back in stock but at full price. Damn that resellerrating. Would have jumped otherwise. :(

Got my Kandalf today, WOW this thing is absolutely MASSIVE compared to my old Lian-Li mATX cube. Haha, I will never go small again, it is gorgeous and easy to work with.

Best deal I've ever gotten online for a case. $98 shipped to my door for a case that usually ranges from $160 to over $200.

Back