Thermaltake 745 Kit versus Petra's Kit

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-bigwater-745.html

Is what I'm looking at. I will be cooling a sff (Ultra Micro Fly with G0 q6600) with the components in another "box" that will sit below the sff case. This kit provides 360mm of radiator goodness. The pump only does 400l/hr which certainly isn't amazing. What's nice, of course, is the price, at $150, how would this compare to something more expensive.

What I was looking at from petra's was:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecoba.html
That's $70 more, and has less cooling "room", one 240mm radiator, but a much more powerful pump.

How would these two kits compare, and do you think the Thermaltake kit is good value, or utter crap?
Thanks.

Utter crap, just get the Petra's kit. They might seems smaller but it's much more efficient. It's also upgradable versus the Tt stuff which isn't.

You will better off, buying stuff seperate from Jab-Tech.com. It will be cheaper and better.

You will better off, buying stuff seperate from Jab-Tech.com. It will be cheaper and better.

and miss out on getting a PT Pen!?!? :p

He's prolly right tho, just make sure you don't forget any parts wherever you order from

Kits from Petra's isn't much more expensive than buying separately and you get the bonus to get everything in a package (no missing stuff) and a pen :D

When you start in the watercooling world, it's not always easy to assemble a custom kit and you will often forget small bits like barbs, clamps and backplates.

that asetek kit is actually alright... id use it myself.... as for the thermaltake LOL... im not just saying it because everyone hates on their WC stuff on here but ive had like 3 kits of theres and every single one has developed problems after a couple of months.

you made the best choice

I heard about the Asetek and while they are picking the right components for the job and no mixed metals, it's lacking in the cooling power department and I doubt it will be better than air with a Q6600 unfortunately.

Back