ThermalRight XP-120

Delta does make 2 other high performance fans currently you can pick up a 120 mm fan from www.sidewindercomputers.com that produces 190 cfm however delta's other big 120 is a dual motored 120mm fan that pushes almost 400 cfm as i remember only prob is that they don't (like _G_ stated) sell them to the public plus they pull so much amperage that u destroy the fan motor or psu unless u are running one fan on one psu upwards of 300 watts with nothing else on it :rolleyes: ohhh well i still want one!!

It looks like it wouldn't fit in many configurations because of its width. I think the new heatpipe towers that have come out are more practical. You can't use a 120 mm fan on them, but at the same time wouldn't such a large fan leave a large dead area in the center of the cooler?

True, but you could get around it by using a duck mod. Just take a piece of 120-mm plastic tubing (you could buy some in home depot, I imagine) and heat int untill you can bend it. Bend it a little, so it makes a 30-40% angle.then cut a wedge-shaped piece. Put the fan on top, and the duct with the fan on top should be mounted on th heatsink. This should eliminate the "dead area" dillema. Edit, if you can't find plastic tubing of the required size, it doesn't even have to be round. You can make the same thing bending Plexi. Or a tin cookie box. The only goal is that the airway will be larger or equal to the width of the fan, and it will mount the fan slightly upwards; at an angle.

iZero said:
It looks like it wouldn't fit in many configurations because of its width. I think the new heatpipe towers that have come out are more practical. You can't use a 120 mm fan on them, but at the same time wouldn't such a large fan leave a large dead area in the center of the cooler?

thats why the xp-120 has 4 of its heatpipes going to the outer edges...

XP-120 supposed to be out this week, someone buy this bad boy and post some benches :D

the XP-120 fits both p4 and AMD 64 sockets.

even thermalright lists it under both AMD and Intel heatsinks :D

you just cant go wrong with thermalright and a nice Papst fan

Anyone have a date besides "early July" on when this will start going out?

bwp73 said:
Anyone have a date besides "early July" on when this will start going out?

Dear Antony,

The XP-120 will be available in about one week. Thank you for your interest in Thermalright products.

Best Regards,
Harold
Thermalright, Inc.
[email protected]
Tel: 909-597-7003
Fax: 909-606-6919

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 2:38 AM
Subject: XP-120

Just wondering when the XP-120 will be available for purchase?

cheers

antony

very soon :D

Won't fit in my Lian Li V1000B :[.

Oh well, the Sp-94 is nothing to complain about !

http://www.plycon.com/fans/mecha120.htm

I thought this might be a decent fan if noise is an issue for you folks, just have to connect a 3 or 4 pin connector on it.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Delta_Fans_58.html

Here is that Delta fan (in stock too) with higher CFM's but the noise is pretty high. I wonder how it would sound in my Lian-Li PC-6070 noise dampening case?

:eek:
P.S. Some one let us know when it's available. And I do believe it is compatible with all Athlon64 cpus. I spoke with Jim Lei and he said yes it should fit on my Athlon FX-53:D

Uhh, hey guys, how come my signature doesn't show up? I have it checked off too:(

http://www.vibecomputers.com/forum/viewtopic.cfm?tid=10243

Heheh! Check out this guys jetpack LOLOL!:rolleyes:

lentic said:
Delta does make 2 other high performance fans currently you can pick up a 120 mm fan from www.sidewindercomputers.com that produces 190 cfm however delta's other big 120 is a dual motored 120mm fan that pushes almost 400 cfm as i remember only prob is that they don't (like _G_ stated) sell them to the public plus they pull so much amperage that u destroy the fan motor or psu unless u are running one fan on one psu upwards of 300 watts with nothing else on it :rolleyes: ohhh well i still want one!!

Well, they should just sell an AC version. Problem solved.
Problem is you cant turn it down any way I guess. Still it'd be fun, I'd get one :)
I got the sunon fan pretty much like those 190cfm'ers

why cant they just design heatsinks to screw in directly onto the side of the case so that we can strap 1kg all copper monsters onto our processors with dual 120mm fans :eek: and not worry about snapping the motherboard in half

i have a few 120mm aluminum fans that run off 120v, they have to be putting out over 300cfm and have the noise to go along with em too =/

Hopefully there will be other places carrying it. While 49 doesn't sound too terrible, you always pay a premium at frozen cpu.

I ordered my Thermalright NB cooler and I need one of these to complete my overclocky goodness.

i talked to Jim from thermalright today and he told me that the xp-120 will fit on ic7-max3 with the OTES cooling on. it'll be close but it will fit!

i'm so ordering one now :D

Well if it will fit on a board thats got that much stuff around the socket, then I have pretty much no worries that it will fit on any of the socket 939 boards, since they all have a lot of room around the sockets. Good info to know.

Btw, did you just email thermalright from their website?

Still not shipping. Thermalright has told resellers to hold off shipping them, even if they have the units. Thye forgot to include some retention hardware and fac clips. I expect to have mine by this time next week, though.

qdemn7 said:
Still not shipping. Thermalright has told resellers to hold off shipping them, even if they have the units. Thye forgot to include some retention hardware and fac clips. I expect to have mine by this time next week, though.

yeah almost for sure that we'll get them next week. man i cant wait. it's goign to be sooooo much better than the crap spark7 i have runnning now

Jason711 said:
hmmm.. it says its for socket 478 and not 754.

Its finally back on thermalright's website, and it says amd and intel. Im assuming that those stocket retaining mechanisms are pretty much the same then?

Also, the 754 and 939 retaining mechanisms are the same right? I want to use this with the K8N-neo 2 as soon as it is finally available.

Zyzzyva100 said:
Its finally back on thermalright's website, and it says amd and intel. Im assuming that those stocket retaining mechanisms are pretty much the same then?

Also, the 754 and 939 retaining mechanisms are the same right? I want to use this with the K8N-neo 2 as soon as it is finally available.

im not sure...

I emailed thermalright, and got a response from Jim. He said that there are actually two different packages for this hsf. I guess the first batch that was made is only for socket 478, and that the second batch has an adaptive bracket to use with socket 754/939.

He said that this second bactch should hit retailers this weekend, and if anyone else is waiting on the MSI K8N-neo2 board, he also said that in their testing it fit the board fine with no mounting problems.

Zyzzyva100 said:
He said that this second bactch should hit retailers this weekend, and if anyone else is waiting on the MSI K8N-neo2 board, he also said that in their testing it fit the board fine with no mounting problems.
Good to hear :)

well, sorry to bump this thread,

anyway, I just got mine, well I got it yesterday
ordered it from here
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/

I have some pictures, Unfortunately I cant test the overclockable temperatures since I need to rma my motherboard, so I have it on a board thats is not good at oc'ing

Here are some Pictures
sorry for the quality,
it was very easy to install

also is very light, even though is big

So thats socket 754 right? Which means that heatsink will work with 939, so I can buy mine now. Sweet.

Aztlan said:
Here are some Pictures
sorry for the quality,
it was very easy to install

also is very light, even though is big

Thanks so much for the pics, they're great. I'm glad they're huge. Makes it easy to see. Well now I'm just waiting for the A64 version to hit, they're supposed to be shipping, and should be available next week.

qdemn7 said:
Thanks so much for the pics, they're great. I'm glad they're huge. Makes it easy to see. Well now I'm just waiting for the A64 version to hit, they're supposed to be shipping, and should be available next week.

Isn't whats shown above an A64?

Back