Thermalright, where did the go?

jstanthr

Limp Gawd
I've been searching for a thermalright venomous x btk ii kit that has the pressure screw on the crossbar.
it used to be called the "pressure vault system" i have the bracket for 1155, 1366, 775 but now need one for am4 and no one has them in stock, even the cheaper one. I emailed thermalright and their site says the plate is free, but they replied to the email asking for $25 plus $19 shipping, seems quite excessive for a mount kit.

All this to use my trusty U120extreme, had that thing for a decade and it works great, may end up just shelving it and getting something new even tho i'm not really wanting to.

I'm building a ryzen rig and will probably end up with the 7/2700, unless i can get someone to pickup one of the open box ones from microcenter, they have the 7/2700x for just 124 w warranty, but its in store only.

TLDR

need am4 plate for thermalright or at least someone that sells them and has stock

I've been searching for a thermalright venomous x btk ii kit that has the pressure screw on the crossbar.
it used to be called the "pressure vault system" i have the bracket for 1155, 1366, 775 but now need one for am4 and no one has them in stock, even the cheaper one. I emailed thermalright and their site says the plate is free, but they replied to the email asking for $25 plus $19 shipping, seems quite excessive for a mount kit.

All this to use my trusty U120extreme, had that thing for a decade and it works great, may end up just shelving it and getting something new even tho i'm not really wanting to.

I'm building a ryzen rig and will probably end up with the 7/2700, unless i can get someone to pickup one of the open box ones from microcenter, they have the 7/2700x for just 124 w warranty, but its in store only.

TLDR

need am4 plate for thermalright or at least someone that sells them and has stock

Call me crazy, but couldn’t you possibly make one pretty simply or modify an existing one? I have a similar cooler with a similar mounting system and will be making my own bracket to mount it once I upgrade to Ryzen in the not so distant future.

I remember rocking the SLK900u and thinking how legit I was.

Their US distribution has always been somewhat spotty IIRC, and in the last few years they've been knocked out of the market by comparable products (e.g., Noctua), and cheap copies (e.g., Coolermaster).

Probably going to end up going with Noctua or BeQuiet, but there is something to be said for the Ultra 120 extreme that i have, its a 6pipe cooler and tbh it hasn't failed me, been using it since my core2quad q6600, it survived that, to my i7-920, then to the i5-2500k, and i7-2600k, its been part of my daily driver desktop for over a decasde and was honestly wanting to continue using it just for that, i measured the plate and it'll cover a ryzen7 2700x just fine. Oh well, maybe somewhere down the road i'll find one of those kits. just not going to pay $50 for it ya kno.

Got mine :cool:

010.JPG

True Spirit 140 Power and Le Grand Macho RT with TY-143 from Amazon.com

I would have loved to see what my old TRUE 120 would do on my 2600x. I used it for more than a decade on the Q6600 in my previous main system and now it's doing duty cooling the exact same Q6600 in my server. I can't imagine the stock cooler for the 2600x would hold a candle to the TRUE 120 if I'd been able to mount it.

I got a couple mounts before they went obsolete, so will be fine as long as they don't change mounts again .. which I'm sure they will within a few years. :(

Back