thermalright slk900a + vantec thermoflow

misfitsfiend

[H]ard|Gawd
k, so the specs of my current rig are in sig, and i'm getting the heatsink in the mail tomorrow via newegg. what do you guys think about this heatsink with my current rig? the reason i got it was because i currently have this crappy heatsink/fan combo which is wayyyy too loud, especially seeing as how i have an antec sonata which it so efficiently defeats the purpose of. plus, the controller for the fan broke off, so it runs at it's loudest fan speed, and it's too hot (it gets up to 56c sometimes), so i decided to get the thermalright slk900a. however, i decided to opt for a 92mm fan because i understand they spin slower yet blow a decent amount of air due to their size. i got the vantec thermoflow , and i was wondering if this is a good fan to sit on top of a heatsink. i realized too late that it's an automatic THERMAL sensor, and since the processor is easily the hottest part in my system, it's going to be running full blast constantly as well. i just want something with a manual controller so i can turn it up or down at my convenience, but i don't want to buy a separate fan controller. i just hope this fan doesn't spin as loud as i'm expecting it too.... :( :( :(

i just found out the fan is coming today, so should i keep it or return it to newegg? also, should the fan be intake or exhaust fan from the heatsink?

Keep the fan... it won't be as loud as you think it will be, since the slk900a will dissipate the heat much better than your old one.

And you want the fan blowing down onto the heatsink.

Back