Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme CPU Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
NikKTech has the Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme strapped to the test bench today for a little review action. What kind of performance benefit can you expect from those fancy new fans? Hit the link to find out.

The Silver Arrow Extreme is actually not a brand new design since it shares the same main heatsink body used with the Silver Arrow SB-E edition released just a couple of months ago. However this version is not called Extreme for no reason and so it's a lot more powerful thanks to the two brand new TR-TY143 140mm PWM fans used in push & pull configuration.

One thing I thought was cool is that you have the option to add a third fan to this CPU cooler. Don't know how much it would help though but pretty neat design to allow you to do that.

Could the fans be any more gaudy? They match nothing in my case, which, I'll admit is mostly black, but has some green and plenty of shiny aluminum.

Why can't we have some fans like those new Corsair fans instead?

Disclaimer: I own the Silver Arrow SB-E and NH-D14. Yes, they both have fugly fans. Lol.

they should have compared this new version with older version fans, for an "apples -to- apples" comparison .

Back