Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 only $37 after coupon

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
steal of a deal for a hsf that beats the D15
https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-Peerless-Assassin-Aluminium-Technology/dp/B08S77DVDS/ref=sr_1_8?crid=18C8E3W86NU6Z&keywords=pa120&qid=1657743332&sprefix=pa120,aps,98&sr=8-8&th=1
https://www.amazon.ca/Thermalright-Peerless-Assassin-Aluminium-Technology/dp/B08S77DVDS/ref=sr_1_8?crid=18C8E3W86NU6Z&keywords=pa120&qid=1657743332&sprefix=pa120,aps,98&sr=8-8&th=1 CAN deals are dead.
1657743696020.png

1657743881245.png

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have three...love them.

I think the grey looks slick too.

To put in perspective, it is on par price wise with the 212 evo. No brainer.

I've always loved Thermalright and the Price/performance ratio of this thing is far better than my Le Grande Macho RT that I have cooling my 3900X.

What's the difference between the regular edition and the SE version? I'm sure I could Google it but maybe somebody has a quick answer.

This sure is a nice looking cooler. If I didn't have one that is doing its job, this would get purchased ASAP

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I didn't get that one, but the PA 120 SE for $35.90, sister hooked me up with prime and will be here tomorrow. I was debating going to Best Buy and getting the Corsair H60 AIO for my hot 5600x with stock cooler, but this thing wiped the floor with the H60 AIO in that review!
I bought one of those now to replace my h60 :p. I'm running a 3900x.

should work great for both of yours. not sure if you saw my post in the other thread but it kept a 12900kf under 85c in 22c ambient for a c23 loop.

Bah, pa120 is oos so I can't compare specs. Thermalrights website doesn't list the TL-C12C at all.

Edit- specs are the same as the pa120 white fans, TL-C12. No idea what the dude meant by "reverse fan"?

Edit#2- 2mm shorter SE makes sense as the pa120 tower covers have to stand over the heatpipe ends.

Last edited:
Bah, pa120 is oos so I can't compare specs. Thermalrights website doesn't list the TL-C12C at all.

Edit- specs are the same as the pa120 white fans, TL-C12. No idea what the dude meant by "reverse fan"?

Edit#2- 2mm shorter SE makes sense as the pa120 tower covers have to stand over the heatpipe ends.
Going to be a tight fit for me with the PA 120 SE in my Cooler Masterbox 400nr, 1mm to glass side panel will be left and I hope the side grinder is not needed on those heat pipes tips.

The se doesn't have the Thermalright covers over the top of the towers.

I noticed that when I looked at it again in the other thread. I just wasn't sure if they had a different heat pipe setup without reading reviews or anything.

I noticed that when I looked at it again in the other thread. I just wasn't sure if they had a different heat pipe setup without reading reviews or anything.
It appears that the SE is 2mm shorter than the one with plastic top 155mm to 157mm, it's only going to matter to someone with a tight case like me.

It should be ok, specs for case were Clearance - CPU Cooler 166mm/6.54" on Cooler Masters website and everyone should check their case specs.

Last edited:
I bit finally on this, comes Saturday- I enjoyed my ID Cooling 240mm AIO for my 9600k 5Ghz. Was ice cold.

But this 5900x stock clock and the pump and fans at max, temps are really random. Idles at 35, but even chrome browsing can make the CPU hit mid to high 60s out of the blue.
Gaming is good, low 60s on average.

I just feel it's not as consistent as a solid air cooler would be.

Anyone have a similar CPU with this cooler? Thoughts? Temps to share?

I bit finally on this, comes Saturday- I enjoyed my ID Cooling 240mm AIO for my 9600k 5Ghz. Was ice cold.

But this 5900x stock clock and the pump and fans at max, temps are really random. Idles at 35, but even chrome browsing can make the CPU hit mid to high 60s out of the blue.
Gaming is good, low 60s on average.

I just feel it's not as consistent as a solid air cooler would be.

Anyone have a similar CPU with this cooler? Thoughts? Temps to share?
This fairly normal for Ryzen chips. This is the nature of PBO and the dense nature of the 5900X with 12 cores and 2 chiplets, cache, IMC, etc... in a small space. But the block may not be flat or the IHS may not be flat. When you swap get a razor blade and check the flatness of each.

Back