Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT Air CPU Cooler Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
Looking for a new CPU cooler? Do the words "massive, cool and quiet" mean anything to you? If they do, I recommend heading on over to PC Perspective today and check out their review of the Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT.

While the Le Grand Macho RT is one of the largest coolers I've tested, it is still a little smaller than Thermalright's famous SilverArrow dual-tower cooler. In fact, the 159 mm height means it will fit a large number of enclosures (with 165 mm being a common limit). The single-fan design of the Macho makes it look like a good candidate for low-noise air cooling, and it's physically larger than the Scythe Ninja 4 cooler I reviewed back in January - which was, incidentally, the quietest cooler I've tested to date.

A pity he didn't test it fanless. Others here have reported that it compares well with the Nofan CR-95.

I love it that they put these fucking enormous coolers on ITX or smaller motherboards. If you're gunning for ITX, your case isn't going to hold these behemoths unless you're doing a mod based around a TA with a shaker scoop. Lol.

I wonder how it performs without the fan,good enough to cool a mid-range locked CPU? When I see a giant heat-sink like that it gives me ideas.

Back