Thermalright IFX-14 in stock at Sidewinder

Going to wait on some reviews I think. Lets hope they fix the mounting issues the 120x had and the base doesn't require major lapping either..

Definately have to wait and see if the base is actually flat and hope that they have a much better mounting system. I won't even consider this until I've seen a few reviews.

Definately have to wait and see if the base is actually flat and hope that they have a much better mounting system. I won't even consider this until I've seen a few reviews.
you can tell by the pictures on their website it's a different mounting system
even with the questionable mounting system of the U120 Extreme, it's still the best air cooler around and this thing is basically two of them stuck together
does anyone really think it won't be the new champ?

and heat sinks have had crappy base finishes for as long as I can remember, if it's that important to you, just lap it

you can tell by the pictures on their website it's a different mounting system
even with the questionable mounting system of the U120 Extreme, it's still the best air cooler around and this thing is basically two of them stuck together
does anyone really think it won't be the new champ?

Hard to say, no reviews leaves us only with speculation, not facts at this point.You have to protect your purchase, I understand that.

and heat sinks have had crappy base finishes for as long as I can remember, if it's that important to you, just lap it

For the price of high end heat sinks I shouldn't have to lap it, mine came with the best finish I've ever seen and I'm sure it's not the only one on the market that does.

I hope it lives up to the hype, if so, I may consider it.

I admit I'm definitely leaning towards buying one but spending $80 on a cooler + the cost of two 140mm fans that has yet to be reviewed isn't what I'm about to do just yet.

what I don't understand is why they come out with a huge heatsink and then give it fewer heatpipes than the ultra 120 extreme

I vaguely remember a preview sort of thing, somewhere, and I thought they had some numbers, but it was a pre-production model so who knows if they'd be indicative of performance anyway. I do remember that there were only a few boards the secondary back-of-the-board heatsink could be used on, though, and you needed a big case as well.

And the first guinea pig has lined up.

Be sure to take some pics & give a little review of your results so people can start gauging if $80 is worth it....

Heres a post from a German site: http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showpost.php?p=6629569&postcount=662

Before: E6600 (polished), 3.42 GHz @ 1,35VCore, Ultra-120 of extremes (polished), Coollaboratory liquid metal sauce Idle 34°, load 58° with approx. 22° ambient temperature

Now: E6600 (polished), 3.42 GHz @ 1,35VCore, IFX-14 (convex), Thermalright ChillFactor Idle 31°, load 57° with approx. 23° ambient temperature.

At least in that test it's nothing to write home about.

Back