Thermalright IFX-14 heatsink @ svc

CNPS 9700, can't tell you how much they've dropped as I won't have my fans until tomorrow.

I'm curious how easy this thing would be to install. And whether i should replace my Tuniq with this.

review at xtreme systems shows it doesn't live up to the hype

didn't preform as well as the ultra extreme, thermalright makes great heatsinks but crappy mounting systems

and here are some "crazy" pics of the ifx

IFX14YLarama.jpg

IFX14deltarama.jpg

hmm well that's too bad, if it outperformed the ultra 120 extreme then I'd probably get it (seems like it would be a lot of fun). But I guess according to that one guy's mini-review it didn't even cool better than the extreme :/

Why don't they just add a couple more heatpipes in there now, instead of doing it later? (you know they're going to)

A real review? Only difference between that and a "real review" is one posted on a forum vs. a website? Some of the XS reviewers are more in-depth than "real reviews' and those forums reviews are ongoing with updates and mods, not a static review.

Not saying website reviews are worthless, just dont' discount forum reviews.

Why don't they just add a couple more heatpipes in there now, instead of doing it later? (you know they're going to)

Because there are plenty of people that will buy this version and the new version with more heatpipes. They're a company, they ultimately want money and that will get them more money.

A real review? Only difference between that and a "real review" is one posted on a forum vs. a website? Some of the XS reviewers are more in-depth than "real reviews' and those forums reviews are ongoing with updates and mods, not a static review.

Not saying website reviews are worthless, just dont' discount forum reviews.

I guess you didn't care to mention the review that's in the works by Navig, who is getting the same temps as the Ultra Extreme :)

$90 can go a long way to just buying a better processor in the first place, and not having to OC as much for the ame performance....

-bZj

90 bucks is still more cost feasible than 300+ on watercooling, every little bit helps.

90 bucks is still more cost feasible than 300+ on watercooling, every little bit helps.

Would the $50 difference between this and a tuniq tower be worth a few extra mhz on an overclock? I just don't see the need at this point. Overclocks are looking great with the current lines of air and water cooling and the extreme overclockers have their phase changers and co2 setups.

Until people start breaking OC barriers with this thing I just don't see the justification in buying it.

$90 can go a long way to just buying a better processor in the first place, and not having to OC as much for the ame performance....

-bZj

Exactly,I feel more and more,that many on sites like this one,and XS,forget entirely why this 'hobby' started (more bang for the buck/best bang for the buck)

I'll stick with my 'lowly' V1 thank you.Tool less,truly excellent base finish,fool proof mounting,and its only 637 grams with fan. :)

Why no legit reviews? You would think someone would want to review this behemoth.

Exactly,I feel more and more,that many on sites like this one,and XS,forget entirely why this 'hobby' started (more bang for the buck/best bang for the buck)

I'll stick with my 'lowly' V1 thank you.Tool less,truly excellent base finish,fool proof mounting,and its only 637 grams with fan. :)
QFT.

If you're ever in the Central Valley CA), I'll buy you a beer, man...ny.

-bZj

I guess you didn't care to mention the review that's in the works by Navig, who is getting the same temps as the Ultra Extreme :)

If you noticed my post, you would see I didn't care to mention any reviews, so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. I just said don't discount a review by a forum member, just because it wasn't posted on a website. Sometimes these reviews are better, sometimes they are worse. Just don't discout the whole genre is all I was saying.

Awesome, a cooler we waited months and months for, costs an arm and a leg, and is getting the same temps as the TRUE120. Nice. I'll wait until I see it beating the TRUE by a good marging before buying one, and trust me I wanted one (which is why I came into this thread).

Back