Thermalright AXP-90 -- Good SFF CPU-Cooler now more readily available

BenWah

Weaksauce
The Thermalright AXP-90 received some great reviews, it fits especially well in SFF systems.
The problem was you had to order it straight from China for a long time.

Now I see two sellers on EBAY who are shipping them from places in the USA.

So now this option can be considered by more people.

Last edited:

toast0

[H]ard|Gawd
I imported two of them from China via Aliexpress, which is a little sketch, but worked out fine. I ended up replacing the fans with Noctuas as I didn't care for the noise profile and getting a 1 mm thinner fan was a good thing in my case; a 47mm cooler fits in the Inwin Chopin, but just barely (and assuming your cpu socket is not too close to the backplate, briging it down to 46 mm means if I touch the side, it doesn't jam into the fan :D

I just wish they'd rotate it 90 degrees for AM4, so the fins were parallel with ram instead of perpendicular. And I think I'd like a mounting plate on the back instead of just thumbscrews. OTOH, it does the job, and I wanted something copper, so I didn't have much choice in the height I've got.

EnzoFX

[H]ard|Gawd
can’t remember what product I was thinking of but I use to rock thermalright in everything. They were the gold standard for me back then. Always glad to see them coming out with more products.

TheSlySyl

[H]ard|Gawd
Both of my AM4 boxes are using Thermalrights. Macho Rev B on my 1700 and Le Grand Macho on my 3900X Aside from a little bit finicky install, purely due to the damn size of the thing, they've been wonderful.