Thermalright AXP-100 Vs BIG Shuriken 2 for i7 6700k ?

oldy

Weaksauce
I have sff pc with these specs

i7 6700k
Z170I PRO GAMING
Corsair SF600 sfx
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200
Samsung 950 PRO 512GB PCIe NVMe
SilverStone Mini-ITX ML08B-H (58mm clearance for cpu cooler)
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 (old one wil upgrade later)
Noctua NH-L9I ( bought it without knowing it limitation which cant handle i7 6700k)

and after some research i cant decide between these two cooler :
Thermalright AXP-100
BIG Shuriken 2

which one should be my best options? and if you have other option please share!

Well, I just bought the Big S2 and have installed it and currently testing it. I have not tried the AXP100.

They both look good with6 heatpipes, 120mm fan, 58mm ht, but I like the looped heat pipes on the Shuriken as it would seem that they have more contact area with the fins and would be more effective.

The Shuriken has a relatively centered cpu mount under the fins, while the AXP is off center quite a bit.
I had to use std ht memory with my build to fit under the Shuriken (same exact memory as you listed, lol). I don't know if the AXP has better or worse fit around the memory and such.

I guess I would go with the Shuriken, only because I have experience with it. I do want to try the AXP100, but my budget won't really allow both.

Edit: My system is also a i7-6700k, and then a corsair SF450, samsung 850 evo.

Last edited:
Well, I just bought the Big S2 and have installed it and currently testing it. I have not tried the AXP100.

They both look good with6 heatpipes, 120mm fan, 58mm ht, but I like the looped heat pipes on the Shuriken as it would seem that they have more contact area with the fins and would be more effective.

The Shuriken has a relatively centered cpu mount under the fins, while the AXP is off center quite a bit.
I had to use std ht memory with my build to fit under the Shuriken (same exact memory as you listed, lol). I don't know if the AXP has better or worse fit around the memory and such.

I guess I would go with the Shuriken, only because I have experience with it. I do want to try the AXP100, but my budget won't really allow both.

Edit: My system is also a i7-6700k, and then a corsair SF450, samsung 850 evo.

i think i will just go with the BIG Shuriken since it has bigger and quieter fan

thanks!

i think i will just go with the BIG Shuriken since it has bigger and quieter fan

thanks!

Thermalright also makes a 140mm fan version. Both seem very high quality. I picked the big shuriken because of price mostly.

Back