Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut

Question, do I have to delid my cpu to use Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut ?
You can use it on just the IHS like normal paste. Just make sure you use a copper/nicole plated HSF with it. It will eat aluminum very quickly.

You will be fine. Honestly if it is a new unit just use the stock pasted with it. You really have to be careful with liquid metal and really not worth the extra risk and cost for a 1700x. That AIO is already over kill for that cpu.

I have a noctua NH-D15. I delidded my 6700k and use TG conduco between die and copper IHS. But between copper IHS and Noctua, i used TG Kyrpto. Could I have used TG Conducto between copper IHS and Noctua? How would it be applied? By what pattern?

I have a noctua NH-D15. I delidded my 6700k and use TG conduco between die and copper IHS. But between copper IHS and Noctua, i used TG Kyrpto. Could I have used TG Conducto between copper IHS and Noctua? How would it be applied? By what pattern?
You conceivably could use conductonaut between the IHS and heatsink. You'd clean both surfaces with isopropanol or whatever you like, and use one of the swabs that come with it to spread it on the IHS in a thin layer.

I wouldn't mess with it, though. When I said it's a pain to clean, I really did mean it. It's destructive if it gets into places it shouldn't, and most solvents don't work on it very well, so you'll end up just smearing it around. You can get a couple degrees cooler when you use it, but unless you're doing some sort of competitive overclocking, it doesn't make so large a difference as to be worth the hassle, IMHO.

Edit: Oh, you already delidded the CPU. I guess if you've handled it before, you know what you're in for. If you're comfortable with it, by all means go for it. It causes discoloration on copper and nickel surfaces, but it should work.

hmm. Well, my pc is pretty quiet as is, and the OC I am running is only 1.345v. Nothing earth shattering to require the extra mess. I'm fine with the LM being stuck inside my cpu, not so much being around all my system components.

I'll just get some kryonaut, 12.5 w/k.. should work well with the OC im gonna do.

Thanks for all the input, and good to know that its a pain in the .... I knew it could hurt surrounding components , I've using AC5 for years, just wanted to try something different.

Would the kryonaut 12.5 w/k do better than the new 2019 mx4?

Question, do I have to delid my cpu to use Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut ?

Yes you can but you need to make 100% sure that:
1) the mounting pressure between IHS and heat sink or heat block is VERY good. This is no problem for heatsinks, but some AIO's may not play well with LM unless you make fully sure the mounting pressure is proper.

2) you do some extra work to cover and protect the gaps between the IHS and socket. Kneaded eraser works very well here and is probably the best to use. You can also use Super 33+ tape to completely block off the socket, but be careful that there are no gaps left over where the LM can get inside. Do NOT use normal garbage electrical tape.

Please be very careful when applying this stuff. You don't want it to get on the motherboard or else. It's best to do a test application of a drop outside the case somewhere to make sure it isnt "stuck" in as you dont' want it forcibly expelled (or else!). I recommend twisting the plunger each directly slowly while applying very small amounts of pressure, to slowly work a drop out. Slow is MUCH better when working with this stuff.

Back