There is a God, Tool signed for Guitar Hero WT

Taken from Gamespot:

"While the progressive metal act Tool won't have its members' likenesses in World Tour, the band is contributing a trio of songs to the setlist: "Parabola," "Schism," and "Vicarious." The game will also include an in-game venue designed in conjunction with Tool to reflect the band's signature style, as seen in album art, videos, and more."

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

This almost makes me want to buy GH when it comes out.

They should have put Rosetta Stoned and Jambi on there, those songs are killer :D

I'm usually a Rock Band guy, but for this reason alone I will be buying GH:WT. But I want to play Lateralus damnit :mad: .

I know man Jambi probably has one of the best intro's on the planet.

Oh, don't even get me started. Jambi is amazing live; they slow the tempo down a little, and its got such an evil feel to it.

If it was promised that Tool would release more DLC for GH, I would go out and pre-order it. Think about playing "Bottom" or "Swamp Song" :p

i was hoping for some Deftones & Perfect Circle action myself....but Tool will work, cant wait

I'm usually a Rock Band guy, but for this reason alone I will be buying GH:WT. But I want to play Lateralus damnit :mad: .

Me to, but damn how in the hell did they get Tool to sign (money I'm sure:D) I always figured Maynard would never go for their tracks being in a game.

Looks like Activision is spending some of that Guitar Hero/CoD4 money on something actually worth a shit.

Looks like it'll be a good Fall for music games.

One thing I just WISH for is that B&M's would get demo units early. Early as in - how about now? It's being release only a bit more than a month from now. I'm mostly interested in the RB2 vs. GHWT drum set comparisons though.

can you use the Les Paul on Rock Band and play in guitar only mode? i like the long list of songs available for Rock Band compared to the smaller limited downloads for GH

or better yet, maybe the question will be will the new GH controller work with the new RB?

myself, i am not interested in the mic, drums, etc.....just lead guitar

can you use the Les Paul on Rock Band and play in guitar only mode? i like the long list of songs available for Rock Band compared to the smaller limited downloads for GH

or better yet, maybe the question will be will the new GH controller work with the new RB?

myself, i am not interested in the mic, drums, etc.....just lead guitar

Harmonix and Activision have both confirmed that all the instruments will be cross compatible this time. Sony and Microsoft must have stepped in and got the two companies to start playing nice with each other. This way we don't have to have 2 full sets of fake instruments...

I do wish that Tool was on on RB though. They have a MUCH better DLC record, and I know we all want more Tool songs. Not to mention that their DLC is cheaper than GH's.

Part of me says- I can't believe Tool would sellout like this...why Maynard why?

then the other part of me says...bring it on and i'm going to reserve it tonight just for this and the possibility of DLC.

I agree Jambi should have been an original song. Would also like to see The Grudge, Stinkfist, Anema, and The Patient.

Im guessing "hooker with a penis" won't make it into GH.

A quote from that song "I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one."

I'm not saying .. im just saying.

I LOVE TOOL (second favorite band after NIN), but it's not enough to sway me. I'll stick with Rock Band.

Deftones:BSides and Rarities:Crenshaw Punch/I'll Throw Rocks at You

Deftones:Saturday Night Wrist:Mein

entire Thirteenth Step: A Perfect Circle album too......

please, thank you

what is audiosurf.....googling now

looks interesting.....might have to try the demo out soon...thanks

As a certified Rock Band fanboy, this makes me very sad. But then, if Tool would actually license to one company, I guess there's the possibility they could license to another. (plus Activision did not announce any exclusivity)

World tour just went from a maybe to a must buy for me. Tool is my favorite band by far.

Can't wait to hit this shit up on the drums... hope they do it justice!

i think my nick says it all

i would be thrilled if there was a deftones song on either RB or GHWT yet i would also be dissapointed unless they allowed their entire collection for DLC. Come on Chino...make it happen.

Hooker with a penis comes to mind. I'm in.

All you
read and
Wear or
see and
Hear on
TV
Is a
product
Begging
for your
Fairly
dirty
Dollar.
So ... Shut up and
Buy, my
Buy, myyy
new record
Buy, my
Buy,
Send more money
(Fuuuuuck you, buddy! 4x)

i found the full setlist at gamestop

* 311 - "Beautiful Disaster"
* 30 Seconds To Mars - "The Kill"
* Airbourne - "Too Much Too Young"
* The Allman Brothers Band - "Ramblin' Man"
* Anouk - "Good God"
* The Answer - "Never Too Late"
* At The Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
* Beastie Boys - "No Sleep Till Brooklyn"
* Beatsteaks - "Hail to the Freaks"
* Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"
* Black Label Society - "Stillborn"
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Weapon of Choice"
* blink-182 - "Dammit"
* Blondie - "One Way or Another"
* Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - "Hollywood Nights"
* Bon Jovi - "Livin' On A Prayer"
* Bullet For My Valentine - "Scream Aim Fire"
* Coldplay - "Shiver"
* Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Up Around The Bend"
* The Cult - "Love Removal Machine"
* Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel The Pain"
* The Doors - "Love Me Two Times"
* Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"
* The Eagles - "Hotel California"
* The Enemy - "Aggro"
* Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
* Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
* Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
* The Guess Who - "American Woman"
* Hush Puppies - "You're Gonna Say Yeah!"
* Interpol - "Obstacle 1"
* Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
* Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze (Live)"
* Jimi Hendrix - "The Wind Cries Mary"
* Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
* Joe Satriani - "Satch Boogie"
* Kent - "Vinternoll2"
* Korn - "Freak On A Leash"
* Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
* Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way"
* Linkin Park - "What I've Done"
* The Living End - "Prisoner of Society"
* Los Lobos - "La Bamba"
* Lost Prophets - "Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)"
* Mars Volta - "L'Via L'Viaquez"
* MC5's Wayne Kramer - "Kick Out The Jams"
* Metallica - "Trapped Under Ice"
* Michael Jackson - "Beat It"
* Modest Mouse - "Float On"
* Motorhead - "Overkill"
* Muse - "Assassin"
* Negramaro - "Nuvole e Lenzuola"
* Nirvana - "About a Girl (Unplugged)"
* No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"
* NOFX - "Soul Doubt"
* Oasis - "Some Might Say"
* Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"
* Ozzy Osbourne - "Mr. Crowley"
* Paramore - "Misery Business"
* Pat Benatar - "Heartbreaker"
* R.E.M. - "The One I Love"
* Radio Futura - "Escuela De Calor"
* Rise Against - "Re-Education Through Labor"
* Sex Pistols - "Pretty Vacant"
* Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
* Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"
* Steely Dan - "Do It Again"
* Steve Miller Band - "The Joker"
* Sting - "Demolition Man (Live)"
* The Stone Roses - "Love Spreads"
* Stuck In The Sound - "Toy Boy"
* Sublime - "Santeria"
* Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
* System of a Down - "B.Y.O.B."
* Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
* Ted Nugent's Original Guitar Duel Recording
* Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"
* Tool - "Parabola"
* Tool - "Schism"
* Tool - "Vicarious"
* Trust - "Antisocial"
* Van Halen - "Hot For Teacher"
* Willie Nelson - "On The Road Again"
* Wings - "Band on the Run"
* Zakk Wylde's Original Guitar Duel Recording

Hooker with a penis comes to mind. I'm in.

All you
read and
Wear or
see and
Hear on
TV
Is a
product
Begging
for your
Fairly
dirty
Dollar.
So ... Shut up and
Buy, my
Buy, myyy
new record
Buy, my
Buy,
Send more money
(Fuuuuuck you, buddy! 4x)

Yes, I will go listen to that song (which was already on my work playlist). Thanks.

Music's subjective, and I'm sure I'll be flamed to death for saying it...but I don't get the Tool love.
I honestly think everything since Opiate sounds a little too similar.

Music's subjective, and I'm sure I'll be flamed to death for saying it...but I don't get the Tool love.

Same here. I'll take it a step further and get flamed for suggesting I'd rather have Audioslave in there as opposed to tool.

which is why my playlist at work combines all of the tool albums, all perfect circle albums, all deftones albums and a little of other stuff mixed in.....

Same here. I'll take it a step further and get flamed for suggesting I'd rather have Audioslave in there as opposed to tool.

I'd have no issue with that, although I've always felt they never really lived up to what they were capable of. You had the best rock frontman of all time and Rage without their psuedo rapping vocals. On paper they should've been the best band of the decade, but they never really got it going quite right. Still, they did have a few really killer tracks along the way.

I would like to see this on Rockband! What are the chances of that?

NONE, all artists are being exclusively signed to either rockband or guitar hero. Its basically binds the artist to that platform for a set period of time.

Not quite.

Paramore is on both RB and GH song lists. Might want to look at the list again dude.

NONE, all artists are being exclusively signed to either rockband or guitar hero. Its basically binds the artist to that platform for a set period of time.
Are you sure about that? Because I swear I read Dream Theater's "Panic Attack" was in Rock Band 2, and the list for GH: WT above lists them as having "Pull Me Under" on there.

Are you sure about that? Because I swear I read Dream Theater's "Panic Attack" was in Rock Band 2, and the list for GH: WT above lists them as having "Pull Me Under" on there.

You're correct, there are a few artists that are on both, usually with different songs. REM, Nirvana, Paramour are some just to name a few. GHWT has some songs that were actually in Rock Band as well, such as Monsoon by Tokio Hotel.

Part of me says- I can't believe Tool would sellout like this...why Maynard why?

then the other part of me says...bring it on and i'm going to reserve it tonight just for this and the possibility of DLC.

I agree Jambi should have been an original song. Would also like to see The Grudge, Stinkfist, Anema, and The Patient.

what are you talking about son?

he didn't sell out, he did it so that more people could be exposed to his songs and therefore buy more of his music

Back