There has to be a better way.....

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
What I'm looking at doing in the next while is running a dual Pelt setup in my rig, once the hardware of it is finally set in place. I was planning on throwing a 120-150W Pelt on my X800XT-PE I'm getting once it's fully voltmodded to hit 700MHz or so.....and a 226W Pelt on my 3.2E to hopefully hit somewhere beyond 4.2GHz.

The problem is not the heat the Pelt's will be spittin out, as I can always just upgrade my h2O setup.....the problem is power. I was hoping that there was a more efficient/convenient way of providing power to the two fairly high end Pelt's besides having two seperate 5.25" power supplies or something of that nature.

I'm basically looking for something that I can fit into my PC60 and still maintain my "tight" wiring. I can always step from my dual bay 5.25" bayres to a dual bay floppy bayres to save space, so I guess I'd have ROOM for a couple of those 5.25" PSU's.....but I was just wondering if there was a slightly less obvious, but more economical way to do it, as those things aren't cheap.

I'm not necessarily trying to cheap out on the Pelt setup.....just trying to conserve space and cash if possible. Let me know what you guys think, as I've already come to the conclusion that I won't be running one of them off my PSU.

ronenvelarde said:
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/S320-12KIT.asp

This should work nicely. of course depends on space you have but its supposed to be pretty small and efficient. Ive been looking for something like this too and im going to probably order one if i cant find one elsewhere (better) this weekend.

I've seen it, but the problem is that it's not enough.....I plan on running a 226W Pelt on the 3.2E and a 122W or 156W on the XT-PE, which would put me at either 348W or 382W for the two combined if I were to wire them to the same dedicated PSU. Looks like I'll have to do two seperate power supplies for now, but it won't be happening 'till early next year, so I'm not SUPER concerned yet.

maybe get a bicycle and hook up one of those generators for the light and pedal really really really fast, did i mention pedal rrealy fast!

I am going to have the same problem as you are actually but im wanting to work on this. I am going to go to boeing surplus this saturday and see if i can snag anything cool or maybe some type of old school power supply i can mod to run as dedicated and then hook up a relay to get it crankin. The good this is itll be cheap so if it f's up no biggie. Ill post if i find anything decent or if i pick up some extra ps units.

Back