there goes the starwars gaming franchise

The Star Wars gaming franchise has been in the shitter for a while now. This just ensures it's not going anywhere for a while.

i sense a disturbance in the force... as if a million gamers suddenly cried out noooooooooooo!

Well now, I've looking forward to a Battlefront on frostbyte. Other than that, I have bad feeling we got screwed. At least Kotick didn't get his hands on it.

Holy crap, so Bioware really could take over 1313! Come on you pessimists, this could be amazing.

Wasn't there already the Kinect game?

Have you fans of camp 70s sci fi forgotten that already? :eek:

Holy crap, so Bioware really could take over 1313! Come on you pessimists, this could be amazing.

Could be, but won't. I used to be a staunch Bioware supporter but the company has gone to complete shit over the past 3-4 years. They've lost their way and EA is mostly to blame....

Granted a RPG based around Boba Fett sounds fucking badass, I'm in no way getting my hopes up though. I honestly don't think we'll see a decent Star Wars game in this lifetime...

On the "plus" side there hasn't been a good Star Wars game in years, so this will just continue the statuesque.

Well looks like I won't be playing any new starwars games for a while.

Wouldn't it be nice if they let DICE finish/redo Battlefront 3 </wishful thinking>

I love how people keep buying shitty EA games (SimCity for example) to fund EA to buy out our beloved franchises and ass-rape them into the ground.

So, EA hasn't learned from the "Worst company in America" fiasco yet, have they?

Wait guys look what EA/ Bioware did with SWTOR! This is the best thing that ever happened to Luke Skywalker!

/sarcasm off

1193345144799zr3.jpg

I honestly don't see the problem, bring on a real Battlefront 3 if you ask me.

ZMOG they haven't even wrote a line of code yet but I just know it is going suck so I have to pound away on my keyboard on the internetz instead of actually playing games.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bth_oh_noes.gif

ZMOG they haven't even wrote a line of code yet but I just know it is going suck so I have to pound away on my keyboard on the internetz instead of actually playing games.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bth_oh_noes.gif

Star Wars games have a pretty shit track record in the last few years.

EA has a pretty iffy track record with games in general lately.

The last Star Wars game EA did SWTOR which...Well you should know that story.

All signs are pointing to there being a good chance of whatever they put out being subpar to crap. You will have to forgive the majority for being a bit skeptical here.

eh starwars hasnt produced anything legitimately good since kotor, franchise has been milked til the cows tits fell off imo

It's going to be Bioware. . . . Unless you want more Monkey Island.

the only thing I'm holding out for is DICE potentially making an incredible Battlefront 3.

In case anybody missed it.
As part of the agreement, EA studio teams DICE (Battlefield series) and Visceral (Dead Space series) will join BioWare (Mass Effect series, Star Wars: The Old Republic) in the development of new Star Wars games.

The Dice and Bioware studios will be working on Star Wars games.

Kind of competes with bf though

BF2 competed with BF1942. BF2142 competed with BF2. BFBC competed with BF2 and BF2142. BFBC2 competed with BFBC and BF2. BF3 competed with BFBC2 and BF2. BF4 is going to compete with BF3.

EA doesn't have a problem making games that compete with Battlefield. At this point I'm not sure that adding more water to the soup could make it any thinner.

I gotta admit, that does sound better to me. Mass Effect and Dead Space are pretty much my all time favorite games ever so maybe Visceral and BioWare can go some good with this.

That would be cool except nowadays "DICE and BioWare" basically just means "EA and EA".

As an enormous Star Wars fan, I am kind of pissed I will be installing Origin on my system. *sigh*

I'm not sure whether to be apalled or intrigued. BioWare could make an amazing SW RPG but they haven't shown brilliance as of late. Visceral is a good contender as well.

I'm not sure whether to be apalled or intrigued. BioWare could make an amazing SW RPG but they haven't shown brilliance as of late. Visceral is a good contender as well.

They already made an RPG, that turned out "amazing". SWTOR.

Take diablo 2
Re-Write acts to be star wars based
Create jedi, dark jedi, bounty hunter, etc classes
Let me build a jedi and find cool lootz and new light sabers
make it closed and online so it means something to MF and play with my friends.
Have PVP for lightsaber dueling and objective battles
????
PROFIT

Back