Theory | By Hannes ~ A Lian Li PC-8NB Sculpture

Hannes F

n00b
Theory | By Hannes

Creativity is neither a strategy nor a form of sublimation to deal with madness. Madness is merely creativity thwarted by society, a label created by society in order to imprison its visionaries.

A brief introduction, an epilogue to the next air-cooled construction. Theory | By Hannes will be clearly inspired by Carl Axel Olsson's work. He is a person who meant a lot for my creative develpoment and by that also had à great impact on the person I am today. I will show off some of his works and then also use them in my design of the construction process. I will include much of his style in this building as a tribute to a great mentor.

The case itself, I will not do much with the outside, Lian Li has just about exact perfection in this chassis, but a lot will be done on the inside. Firstly, I'll powder-coat the inside black. I will be working a lot of revising their designs to something more clean, and then implement the art that I and many others Swedish "västeråsare" grown up with.

I have some problems with the color scheme of this building and because of that I will not talk much about it yet, but if you have any creative suggestions and I'll be more than happy to hear from you, and reflect a bit about them. My problem is so far that you can't get the sleeves in the color I want to use with this chassis. Sleeve is something that I've seen as a must so far in all my builds, maybe it's time to look for other methods. Or maybe someone *cough* Nils *cough* have some insight on new colored sleeves.

Traditionally, the enthusiast building always either incredibly impressive with cut-out details or elaborate engravings, or they are classy and almost minimalist with an incredible balance between what is necessary and what is "just for show" with millimeter performance and execution. I will not go away quite as far from it as I've done with the Echo, it is enough with the love-hate relationship between it and me to last a lifetime. No, I will keep the building clean, but also include the influences that I think is needed in computer-building: Sculptures. Sculpting the chassis is something I wanted to wait for until my Singularity build, which will be in an V1010 or V2010, but it's something I think I can implement in this construction aswell, by the inspiration of Carl Axel Olsson's art.

theorybyhannes2.png

Wow. You sir have a talent for artistic design. I love the way those pictures are arranged with a border. Would you mind if I integrate that somehow into a web page project I'm doing for school?

Also, your pics look great and I look forward to seeing how you use the hotswap backplate

Edit: What font is that writing on the pics?

Wow. You sir have a talent for artistic design. I love the way those pictures are arranged with a border. Would you mind if I integrate that somehow into a web page project I'm doing for school?

Also, your pics look great and I look forward to seeing how you use the hotswap backplate

Edit: What font is that writing on the pics?

Thank you Jadawgis732! Just go ahead and use whatever you want. I'm happy to have inspired you!

I'll make something level 10 inspired with it. I'll not say anything more yet. :)

Eehm.. The font.. I can't remember, but I downloaded it from dafont.com and it's under the handwritten genre. I hope you'll find it! :D

A small update for the Theory.

The result of tonights experiments in photoshop CS5
2jxx81.jpg

Begun the modding, this picture summons up what I've done this far pretty well.
2j13cy8.jpg

Goooooooood moooorning [H]aard|Forum! Hehe, alright, let's not harass any more classics. :-P

..Tho it really smells like victory, doesn't it?! :-D

Very excited. That's a damn beautiful case to begin with, I have troubles imaging it be any more sexy than it already is. I have faith in your abilities fortunately.

Very excited. That's a damn beautiful case to begin with, I have troubles imaging it be any more sexy than it already is. I have faith in your abilities fortunately.

It's a damn beautiful case! I'm very careful when handling the outside of it. Would be a damn shame to scratch it.

3307fcm.jpg

Alot of LC goodies will be used in the second revision of this case, but all matte black bits will be used in the first revision, more known as the aircooled revision

MISC

Name: D5/MCP655 MOD KIT
Model Name: BP-D5MA-MBK
Amount: 1pcs

Name: RAD SUPPORT I
Model Name: BP-RADS1-BK

Name: PSU 24PIN-PSU Active
Model Name: BP-WTP-J02

Name: O-Ring Set II
Model Name: BP-WTP-O502

Name: Bitspower Logo Kit I
Model Name: BP-LGS1-UVBL

Name: Z-CAP I With G1/4" x1 ( POM Version )
Model Name: BP-WTZPC1-BK
Amount: 4pcs

Name: Z-Tube 250
Model Name: BP-WTZACT250-CL

Name: D5 MOD TOP V2 EXTREME (POM Version)
Model Name: BP-D5TOPP2EX-BK

Matt Black Fittings

Name: G1/4" Matt Black Angle 1/4" Fitting
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C29
Amount: 2pcs

Name: G1/4" Black Q-Rotary IGN 1/4"x3
Model Name: BP-MBQR-C

Name: G1/4" Matt Black MINI D-PLUG Set
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C28

Name: G1/4 Matt Black 45-Degree IGN 1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C30

Name: G1/4 Matt Black Mini Dual G1/4 Fitting
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C42
Amount: 2

Name: G1/4" Matt Black Stop Fitting
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C06
Amount: 10pcs

Name: G1/4" Matt Black CaseTop Water-Fill SET
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C04
Amount: 8pcs

Name: G1/4" Matt Black IG1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C40

Name: G1/4" Matt Black Rotary Compression Fitting CC5 For ID 1/2" OD 3/4" Tube
Model Name: BP-MBRCPF-CC5
Amount: 10PCS

Name: G1/4" Matt Black Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-MB90R

Name: G1/4" Matt Black 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-MBWP-C39

Name: G1/4" Matt Black Rotary 45-Degree IG1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-MB45R

Silver Shining Fittings

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining Q-Rotary IG1/4"X3 Extender
Model Name: BP-QR-C

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining CaseTop Water-Fill SET
Model Name: BP-WTP-C04

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining MINI D-Plug Set
Model Name: BP-WTP-C28

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining D-Plug Set - One INCH Version
Model Name: BP-WTP-C38

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining Stop Fitting
Model Name: BP-WTP-C06

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining Rotary 45-Degree IG1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-45R
Amount: 5pcs

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-90R
Amount: 5pcs

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining Stubby 1/2" Fitting
Model Name: BP-WTP-C14
Amount: 10pcs

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining Compression Fitting CC5 For ID 1/2" OD3/4" Tube
Model Name: BP-CPF-CC5

Name: G1/4" Silver Shining Mini Dual G1/4" Extender
Model Name: BP-WTP-C42

Name: Silver Shining G1/4" Fitting Spacer - Mini
Model Name: BP-WTP-C43

I'm glad you think so!

I'm thinking, why not try to explain my intentions with this build with you. So you somewhat know what to expect of me and in the same time you'll be able to help me keep a red line throughout the build. I've previously stated that I'm going to make this build air-cooled. But that's not entirely true. Actually, I'm going to do two revisions of this build, the first one will be air-cooled, the second one will be liquid cooled with a lot of goodies.

The colorscheme of the build is red, white and black with some accents of shiny silver (or nickelplating at least). I'm going to use products from MDPC-X like black-oxide buttonhead screws, sleeving, black rivets, snap-caps, washers etc. I'm going to powdercoat the inside of the case black, would you prefer matte black or a bit more shiny and reflective black? I think it's going matte black. The outside of the case is pretty much left intact. Lian Li's brushed aluminum is the sex!

I'm going to alter the case inside, adding some features and making it fully worthy of being both aircooled and liquidcooled. I'm going to use plexi and aluminum plates to make it more sleek and stylish, and you've already seen what I've cut out until now. There's alot more work to do, but you get the idea! I will use the plates to hide my watercooling to make a plug'n play system. Bitspower was kind enough to make this more than possible by contributing with enough fittings, rotaries and connectors to fit my vision of the case. As soon as they arrive I'll give you some pictures of them and the idea I have.

Back to air-cooling. I'm going to use a Cooler Master V8 as a base, and aggressively modified I'm positive that you've never yet seen anything like it, and you probably think it's crazy when you see it. But I think you'll like it. I'm going to try and find a fitting GPU cooler as well, the thermalright Shaman is probably the one. I'm quite fond of the design on that one. I'm not 100% sure on the GPU yet, but it's probably gonna be my HD5870. I'm not 100% sure on the fans yet either. I've used enermax fans on my last two builds and I really like them, but the cooler master excalibur might fit the build more. Guess the future will tell.

I'm calling this an Lian Li PC-8nb sculpture and I guess I have to explain that a bit more too. I'm going to try and do some different angles and add some influences to the build that quite frankly isn't necessary, but they will give some edge in a design point of view. I'm doing custom plates for the PSU -> 5.25" area, custom bottom on the case and I'm also going to do a hotswap bay with the Zalman hotswap module. I'm going to do a Level 10 inspired HDD bay which preferable is available from outside the case for easy switching of HDD's. Probably by using 2.5" HDD's or SSDs and HDD enclosures.

Alot of "probably" and "maybes" but it is that way because I might change my mind on some things. That's one of the reasons why I don't do sketches of my builds. I don't like to be held in the chuckles of pre-made thoughts, even if they're my own.

Anyways! I hope you'll like my work and I'll work hard to bring some more continuity with the updates in this build. But a work without compromise does take some time as I need to learn to do some of the methods I need to use to really bring this build to the level of what it can become. It's great however! It's the process that counts, that's what is the real journey! ^^, The result is just a bi-product. At least that is what I like to think!

Your posts look just as sexy as your mod. Keeping an eye on this :)

Hi bro. No, I haven't yet. But it's only finishing touches left and I hope that I'll be able to finish it up this week. :)

Awesome pictures. I don't think your using a disposable camera for those!
Build looks like its headin in a good direction.

Oh man that color combination on your sleeving is so sexy! I've always wanted at least a red and black color theme for my rig, nice work!

Oh man that color combination on your sleeving is so sexy! I've always wanted at least a red and black color theme for my rig, nice work!

Thank you. It's a very nice combination. Easy to work with too. :) The hard thing is to make it original as many use the ASUS ROG motherboards and do thier PC's themed after them.

The photography makes this build even more enjoyable to follow. Awesome work with your sleeving and attention to small details, and excellent job on the photography as well.

The photography makes this build even more enjoyable to follow. Awesome work with your sleeving and attention to small details, and excellent job on the photography as well.

I think that it would be about 70% less interesting to see this with crappy photography, especially sincie the majority of the pictures are just plain product-photos. Thanks a bunch for your compliments!

Keep it up looking good!

Thank you.

Back