thenightman4u bad seller

KILLER_K

Supreme [H]ardness
This guy "thenightman4u" sold me the T-Maxx 3.3. It was his El Camino one he had listed. He said it was new and come to find out it he had it for a year. Not to mention he removed all the parts from it to make it 2 wheel drive without telling me he did so before the sale. Now the "Huge parts list" he has for sale. Well my parts are in there. The ones he took out. So I ask him can I get my parts, he replied you didn't ask and i didn't tell. Sale is final, etc.

He does say, If i would like to buy the parts list for $75 and can put the missing parts on the truck I bought. So let's get this straight. I paid $450 for the truck to start with. I could have bought a brand spanking new one complete for that price. Only he threw in was a $40 dollar charger, that new body and some goliath tires and rims.

So, If I purchase the $75 dollar parts list, that will put me at $520 bucks for a totally running T-Maxx 3.3. I posted in his thread but the mods removed it. I wasn't rude, was just trying to let people know some of those parts was mine. But he contacted the mod they removed all my post. Then said to post in the feedback forum.

I posted in the thread to let others know. He just honestly doesn't care. I went as far to tell him I would buy just the missing parts. He said no, buy the whole lot as that is what I have pictured. As when I get done trying to make it a correct T-Maxx 3.3. I will have well over $520 bucks easy in it. And I could have just bought a new one for $420.

So basically I bought a T-Maxx 3.3 and got a S-Maxx 3.3 when it arrived. And to come out his brand new truck he has had for a year.

thenightman4u Limp Gawd, 7 Months

Re: Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 Nitro Show Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_K
Hi,
You just basically told me to go buy all the stuff off ebay. If you honestly wanted to work it out, then you would have said. I will send you everything missing that was suppose to go with the truck. Plus by the pictures you can't tell the whole front transfer case and axles was removed. It is just too much missing for this price.
thenightman4u said:
I noway misrepresented it, this isn't Wal*Mart where is you have buyer remorse you return it, I can't accept return on it, if you ship it, it's on you then, I don't want it back.

this is totally wrong and he doesn't want to correct the problem. I have tried to work out the issue with him. but he wants me to either buy more parts from him or ebay. I honestly think not at this point. So buyers beware of this guy. Thanks

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1689098
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1689111

See the bag of parts there. My parts are in the bag he is selling. But I could buy those from him for $75 more though. Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know how many time I can tell you but my parts lot ISN'T parts from the truck, I have been into nitro's for over 10yrs and have owned 10+ T-Maxx's. The lot of all of my stuff I have gathered over the years. I noway misrepresented the T-Maxx I sold you, I provided many photo's and even chatted with you on the phone, not everyone like's 4 wheel drive including me and I noway stated it was 4 wheel drive, this is just a classic case of not asking everything you wanted to know before buying it, do you really think something as small as a few parts to make it 4 wheel drive I would hide?

Do you even know what a S-Maxx is? If you did then you would know that the difference between a S-Maxx and T-Maxx isn't only 4 wheel drive! Just to name a few...longer chassis, better transmission, different body, upgraded shafts...ect....

from what I can tell, "T-Maxx" is considered a 4-wheel drive and "S-Maxx" is a 2-wheel drive

if your post was selling a new "T-Maxx", I would assume that it had 4-wheel drive

from what I can tell, "T-Maxx" is considered a 4-wheel drive and "S-Maxx" is a 2-wheel drive

if your post was selling a new "T-Maxx", I would assume that it had 4-wheel drive

Do you even know what a S-Maxx is? If you did then you would know that the difference between a S-Maxx and T-Maxx isn't only 4 wheel drive! Just to name a few...longer chassis, better transmission, different body, upgraded shafts...ect....

My feedback with the 10+ sales here and 5+ other sites speak for itself, eh it's not worth my time, can't make every buyer happy i suppose

My feedback with the 10+ sales here and 5+ other sites speak for itself, eh it's not worth my time

from wikipedia

S-Maxx ~= SportsMaxx which has 2-wheel drive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traxxas#S-Maxx

T-Maxx = 4 wheel drive? doesn't say
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traxxas#T-Maxx

if your post said "new T-Maxx", i would assume it comes exactly as what a new T-Maxx should have

When I google "traxxas T-Maxx 2 wheel drive", every posts say they have to convert a 4-wheel T-Maxx to 2-wheel drive, so I assume that a T-Maxx is always 4 wheel drive?

From wiki
T-Maxx can essentially be converted to a SportMaxx by installing Traxxas' single speed transmission accessory and removing the drivetrain to the front wheels.
So if the "brand new T-Maxx" doesn't have 4 wheel drive, i dont consider it brand new

What amateurs, A sportmaxx and a S-Maxx is nothing like a T-maxx. It goes way beyond just 4 wheel drive, all this crap over 10 bucks in parts to make it 4 wheel drive...like I said, can't make everyone happy all the time

Hmm. This is an interesting case. However you did sell it as a T-Maxx, right? A STANDARD T-Maxx is 4-Wheel drive, right? Maybe it would have been a good idea to list somewhere in there that you modified it to 2-Wheel drive.

In any case, you could at least work with the buyer. The way you dismiss his claims and say you "in no way misrepresented" the truck would suggest that you knew what you were doing. Since what he thought he was buying (indeed, what you said you were selling) and what he got are different, the least you could do is work with him.

What amateurs, A sportmaxx and a S-Maxx is nothing like a T-maxx. It goes way beyond just 4 wheel drive
yes, but OP's complain is that the brand new T-Maxx is missing the 4 wheel drive(and other parts?)

my whole point is that a new T-maxx always comes with 4 wheel drive (according to what I posted before)... if you advertised it as brand new, I would assume it does come with 4 wheel drive

He being as petty as complaining it didn't come with a fuel bottle, I never stated it did and none of the pictures showed one but since he read the manual online that a brand new one comes with one he's complaining... He saw all the pics and chatted with me on the phone, what more of me saying "what you see in the pic is what you get" enough said! Done & moving on to better things!

What amateurs, A sportmaxx and a S-Maxx is nothing like a T-maxx. It goes way beyond just 4 wheel drive, all this crap over 10 bucks in parts to make it 4 wheel drive...like I said, can't make everyone happy all the time

You stated in the sale the truck was new.. it was not. Now in your post above you're saying that all this drama is over only $10 worth of parts. If that's the case send him the parts and be done with this. That's all the OP wants. Don't take a hit on your rep here for such a minor thing.

If you sold the OP a T-Maxx it should be 4 wheel drive because that's what they are. If you modified it in any way it should have been disclosed.

Your feedback does not speak for itself. It's not that high in the first place and there have been people with way more who still screw people.

Provide the OP with a refund or the parts needed to make it right IMHO.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038654835&highlight=new#post1038654835 Is this the truck purchased? You stated it was brand new. Therefore there should have been NO modifications made.

If it was the other one, well... I think Killer_K could have gathered more information. However if you were an honest and straightforward seller, he shouldn't have to. The buyer is not being unreasonable here, the seller is. He got something other than what you told him you were selling. The best thing to do here is send him the parts or give him a refund that covers the parts.

He being as petty as complaining it didn't come with a fuel bottle, I never stated it did and none of the pictures showed one but since he read the manual online that a brand new one comes with one he's complaining... He saw all the pics and chatted with me on the phone, what more of me saying "what you see in the pic is what you get" enough said! Done & moving on to better things!

What a terrible attitude to have about this situation. If he looked online and saw what a new one comes with, and you were selling it as new, then it should be identical to that. Any deviation, modification, and apparently the fact that you had/used it for a year makes it NOT NEW. You need to make this right.

You stated in the sale the truck was new.. it was not. Now in your post above you're saying that all this drama is over only $10 worth of parts. If that's the case send him the parts and be done with this. That's all the OP wants. Don't take a hit on your rep here for such a minor thing.

^ Agreed,

your only making this harder on yourself now bro. If you sold it as a "New T-Maxx" it should be 4-wheel drive and include what comes with a NEW T-Maxx! I dont see why this is hard to understand, if its missing parts, you need to state that in your post.

For Sale, New T-Maxx;
Even though the product is new, I do NOT have the fuel canister that comes with it, and it was converted to a 2-wheel drive model and is not the standard "as seen" 4-wheel drive model.
This is sold AS-IS!

Is that hard?

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038654835&highlight=new#post1038654835 Is this the truck purchased? You stated it was brand new. Therefore there should have been NO modifications made.

If it was the other one, well... I think Killer_K could have gathered more information. However if you were an honest and straightforward seller, he shouldn't have to. The buyer is not being unreasonable here, the seller is. He got something other than what you told him you were selling. The best thing to do here is send him the parts or give him a refund that covers the parts.

Thing is, it couldn't be the other one because that one still says "available" and he bumped the thread this morning. It's gotta be the other one which was listed as "BRAND new". Therefore it was incredibly shady to sell as it was.

I guess I know who not to buy from on these forums now. The OP is right in this instance and the seller should have dealt with his misinformation appropriately and made the deal right.

Just open a dispute/chargeback. "Brand new" is pretty self explanatory and obviously isn't what you were sold.

1. You listed the item as new, it wasn't. Parts were missing.
2. Your attitude and way of handling buisness won't take you far.

Do what is right, dont make this minor problem become any bigger.

All I want is the parts that is missing. If you claim they are only $10 bucks worth. Then send me all the missing stuff. That is all I'm asking and all I ever wanted. A 1 year old truck is not new either. No matter if it sat on a shelf or not and never run. You should have stated you modified the truck to 2 wheel drive before selling the truck. If it was only 2 wheel drive then I would have just bought a brand new one off tower hobbies site for the same price.

I never complain about getting done like this here. All you basically had to do was send me the parts to put it back whole. Then I wouldn't have a problem with it. You only told me you had it for a year after I bought it from you also. New to me is you just bought it the last few months or so and never used it. Send me all the stuff that is missing and I will have no issues with anything. Or you can refund the whole amount I paid. And I will then buy a brand new with all the parts.

Every one I bought the T-Maxx 3.3 that was listed as "Brand New". The other is a used one with the aluminum frame on it. The parts I'm supposed to be complaining about, should have came with the truck. Since it was new and that is how you posted it in your thread.

Now since those aren't my parts that came off the truck. Where is the parts that came off the truck then? Better yet just send me the parts list you have. Since all of the parts I need is in there to begin with. I'm more then willing to get this resolved and be done with it. Thanks

All I want is the parts that is missing. If you claim they are only $10 bucks worth. Then send me all the missing stuff. That is all I'm asking and all I ever wanted. A 1 year old truck is not new either. No matter if it sat on a shelf or not and never run. You should have stated you modified the truck to 2 wheel drive before selling the truck. If it was only 2 wheel drive then I would have just bought a brand new one off tower hobbies site for the same price.

I never complain about getting done like this here. All you basically had to do was send me the parts to put it back whole. Then I wouldn't have a problem with it. You only told me you had it for a year after I bought it from you also. New to me is you just bought it the last few months or so and never used it. Send me all the stuff that is missing and I will have no issues with anything. Or you can refund the whole amount I paid. And I will then buy a brand new with all the parts.

Every one I bought the T-Maxx 3.3 that was listed as "Brand New". The other is a used one with the aluminum frame on it. The parts I'm supposed to be complaining about, should have came with the truck. Since it was new and that is how you posted it in your thread.

Now since those aren't my parts that came off the truck. Where is the parts that came off the truck then? Better yet just send me the parts list you have. Since all of the parts I need is in there to begin with. I'm more then willing to get this resolved and be done with it. Thanks

I also agree with the OP on this. The seller basically defrauded him IMO.

I also agree with OP. He is being very courteous and reasonable about it. If the seller doesn't work with him, he'll have to dispute the charge/file a chargeback.

. I noway misrepresented the T-Maxx I sold you, I provided many photo's and even chatted with you on the phone, not everyone like's 4 wheel drive including me and I noway stated it was 4 wheel drive, this is just a classic case of not asking everything you wanted to know before buying it, do you really think something as small as a few parts to make it 4 wheel drive I would hide?

I read the original post and no where in there does it say you removed parts....it was advertised as a new Tmax 3.3 which is 4X4....its not the buyers responsibility to ask if it has been modified when its advertised as brand new....you can try and justify this anyway you like, but the bottom line is you misrepresented the item.

you can do whatever you want, but the right thing to do would be to send him his parts

Just to clear up the mods removing my post. It wasn't on [H] that I posted the information. So I don't want anyone to think it was a mod here that i was talking about. I should have made that clearer when I posted.

Hopefully we can work out the parts problem and all move along. As I really want this to be taken care of. Thanks

It's like selling a mustang 5.0L, brand new & then getting a Mustang 5.0 with the engine changed out to a 6cyl bio-deisel that has no pick-up & you as a seller expect us to be so stupid as to buy your con.....epic fail & why are you responding under a different name now or did the original post name another user by mistake? weird...

It's like selling a mustang 5.0L, brand new & then getting a Mustang 5.0 with the engine changed out to a 6cyl bio-deisel that has no pick-up & you as a seller expect us to be so stupid as to buy your con.....epic fail & why are you responding under a different name now or did the original post name another user by mistake? weird...

why are you responding under a different name now or did the original post name another user by mistake? weird...

That was his user name in the other forum where the mods deleted all my post. I corrected it for this forum. Thanks for pointing that out. Still waiting to hear from him so we can sort this problem out.

That was his user name in the other forum where the mods deleted all my post. I corrected it for this forum. Thanks for pointing that out. Still waiting to hear from him so we can sort this problem out.

so this didn't actually happen on Hardforum? i get that you want to warn others of this user, and it's the same product/parts.

It happened here but I also posted in the other forum to let those people know there. That is why I posted the two threads for here where I purchased it from of this forum. Thanks

i see, good luck with getting what you need to make it right

I read the original post and no where in there does it say you removed parts....it was advertised as a new Tmax 3.3 which is 4X4....its not the buyers responsibility to ask if it has been modified when its advertised as brand new....you can try and justify this anyway you like, but the bottom line is you misrepresented the item.

you can do whatever you want, but the right thing to do would be to send him his parts

He was clearly deceptive and I'm casting a vote to kick him off the island.

en..sounds like the guy wants to sell stuff but doesn't want to take the small hit & admit his mistake to keep his trading name good:

1. On a $400+ ITEM, you should never call it 'NEW' or 'LIKE NEW' if the functionality or appearance has been modified or even slightly changed in any way. An off-road RC car that is a 4x4 when sold new, advertised as 'NEW' & does not operate as 'NEW', is NOT 'NEW'. Reducing the functionality to 2-wheel drive is contrary to the intended functionality & to sell it as 'NEW' is mis-leading at best but probably an intentional omission to conceal the real worth of the 'car' & sell it at an inflated price & then sell the various parts that were salvaged, for even more.

2. Regardless of the seller's true intentions & statements, he should man up, apologize for the mis-representation & offer to make it right with the buyer. At the very least, he should offer a refund for a truck returned in the original condition, under which it was sold. He should tell the buyer, 'If you don't like it, send it back & I'll refund your money."

3. If the agreement for a refund is made, the buyer better get tracking & isnurance & mail it to the Buyer's PayPal confiormed address, no exceptions. That will make a difference if any proof of return is needed in a dispute process.

This is what he sent me earlier. He still wants me to pay for his mistakes. Thanks.

Re: Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 Nitro Show Truck
Originally Posted by KILLER_K
Hi,
I'm not going to be shooting offers. I tried that once and you said you wouldn't break up the lot. Plus the more I think about it. I shouldn't have t give you anything for parts that I should have got to begin with. Thanks though.

thenightman4u

Nevermind then, I'll be on my way

How was this paid for?This is obvious case of fraud,with some methods of payment you can get some money back.

File a chargeback/claim and let his bank deal with him. He clearly isn't going to work with you.

Last edited:
Absolutely open a dispute with paypal (or whoever you paid through) as soon as possible. The item was clearly not as described and the seller defrauded you.

I'm not going to say anything about the seller, might get a warning. :) Killer, just file the chargeback and be done with it. It's obviously not his intention to make this right. Hopefully you made payment with a CC through PP or something. Best of luck.

Oh, and remember to leave the appropriate feedback for this guy. Added to DNT/ignore list.

1 buyer isn't happy, out of several sold items, I can't make everyone happy, I have already tried to work something out with him but he want things for free that I never stated he was getting, I still can't believe all this over like 10 bucks worth of parts since he wants it in 4 wheel drive and this is coming after several pictures and pm and chatting with him on the phone before he bought it. I can see if it didn't come with an engine or something...Just like my other T-Maxx, it's 2 wheel drive too and I show plenty of photo's and answer all the questions about it.

Then if it is only $10 bucks worth of parts. I tell you what, I will give you $10 bucks for everything that is missing. Since you still feel like you need to make money. Tell me when you are going to ship all the stuff out then. Thanks

I'll tell you what, I already have many USPS flat rate box's in many different sizes, the smallest is $6.25 to ship, I will be able to fit what you want in it but if you think I'm shipping what you want and making $3.75 off of it then I'm sorry and can't say I'm not trying to work with you, but I can do total of $16.25 for this

1 rear diff
1 center driveshaft
2 wheel driveshafts

That's all you need right? Earlier you were wanting a DVD, manual, fuel botttle and the homemade T-Maxx stand, that once again I never stated was included, just LMK

Back