The Z Is “The Most Advanced Gaming Mouse Ever Made”

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
While this is marketed as a gaming mouse, its functionality is very intriguing for someone like me who simply wants more and more buttons to map basic OS shortcuts to—it has 50 clickable button actions. Four of its buttons are analog, which should let you map two or three commands to each. It even knows when it’s in the air, so you could use it as a flight stick of sorts.

It's the world’s first mouse to pivot, tilt and roll, with a brand new way of clicking buttons - meaning you can access dozens of different button actions while barely moving your fingers. The Z also senses how hard you click, giving variable speed / force control, and provides tactile feedback, so you know when you’ve made a ‘deeper click’. We built in an Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Force Sensor & Tactile Feedback to unleash a faster, more precise and highly intuitive mouse.

If it doesn't link to my brain through some kind of touch-based skin-sensitive neural interface when I put my hand on it then who cares. :D

Too bad it does not connect to the cloud, monitor your palm moisture, check your blood oxygenation level and remember your bookmarks.

Looks like a lot of crap going on to me. I only needed 2 buttons to wreck people in Quake 1. Now I still only use a 2 button with a wheel. Just the way I roll I guess.

Looks to me like the "trigger buttons", "fingertip buttons" and regular mouse buttons could be quite easily mixed up in the heat of gaming.

I saw that, I think the kickstarter is probably a high risk one though. the tilt/lean functions look like they could be really good and innovative. all that other shit though just looks like bullshit intended to extend the features list and not really do anything useful

I have no idea what my 5 years old deathadder thumb buttons where intended to do or currently does :confused:

I bought 2 gamer mice within the last few years. They lasted maybe 6 months.

My Logitech G5s from almost last century are still alive and well.

I can tell my Logitech G9x is starting to wear finally. May have to consider this.

Design looks like a G502 ripoff
I thought it was a G502 variant at first.
Why base your mouse round one of the ugliest ever made lol.
That was the main thing that put me off the G502.

Neat features though.
Now they need to bribe game devs to use them.

meh another mouse without pinky support. Be nice if they could've enlarged the ring finger support :(

I guess I'm getting old. How "Advanced" does a mouse have to be?

not that much if you ask me, was happy with my g500s don't like my new g502 spectrum, bloody snipe button is in the most annoying spot ever. Need something with 3 easily accessibele thumb buttons and I'm happy

I'm not a huge fan of modifier buttons tied to tilt/pivot functions (or modifiers in general), just seems like it would be awkward and/or too easy to trigger the modifier when you weren't trying to. Tilt/pivot by themselves are sort of interesting, but it also bugs the hell out of me when I can feel my mouse "rocking" on a hard pad that isn't perfectly flat; seems like intentional tilt would just amplify that annoyance.

Last edited:
I can tell my Logitech G9x is starting to wear finally. May have to consider this.

The rubberized coating on my G9 started getting sticky. I took some cotton balls and some 90% isopropal alcohol to it and it cleaned it right off.

The same thing has happened to other gaming devices with the same type of rubberized coating.

I have since found out that citris based cleaners or citrus based furniture polish work even better.

And better still is lemon essential oil.. but make sure to test it first as it will melt cheap plastics.

And you can also order replacement feet off of eBay for the G9/G9x for really cheap.

This piece of excellent hardware is not going anywhere until it strops functioning.

Wow, another cheap offbrand "gaming" mouse. It's not like there is any shortage of those already available. Why would anyone kickstart this?

My brain cannot handle remembering more than left, center, right click and forward and backwards by the thumb, along with a scroll wheel that perhaps can click left and right as well. Anymore than that and I have to pause and think WTF I'm doing, and will end up so cluttered that I misclick things.

So that's 9 inputs from the mouse in addition to motion, and beyond that its just too much of a good thing IMO.

My mx-518 isn't going anywhere soon. Unless I upgrade to that one that has weights. I love Logitech gear.

Nice idea, seems a bit much. I got the Asus Spatha and that thing has a ridiculous amount of buttons.

I question the need for LED lighting on a mouse. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Even in my WoW days, I don't think I ever needed 50 buttons (although 20 would have been nice).

I wonder if anyone will ever get proficient enough with one of these things to forgo a keyboard entirely.....

Favorite mouse I ever had, Razer Lachesis... Had it for 4 years and haven't been able to find one I like as much since...

If you're leaning or moving the mouse off the pad in any way how do you still aim/look?

I agree it's just too many buttons.

Who the hell cares about an advanced mouse?

Do I want an "advanced" deodorant? no i want it to smell good and last.

I want a mouse that has the best sensor accuracy, enough buttons, and a comfortable feel. I'm not going to be lifting the mouse up for fucks sake, I don't need all that bullshit.

Though it was a gimmick at first blush but the deep click functionality along with the tilt seems interesting.

I just had a fucking awesome idea. I'll take a keyboard and put a mouse sensor underneath. that way you can have every shit under your hands....

Reactions: Nenu
like this
I just had a fucking awesome idea. I'll take a keyboard and put a mouse sensor underneath. that way you can have every shit under your hands....

Keeping with the theme, the mouse was called the Z, the keyboard could be called the D.

This feels like engineering a solution in need of a problem that I'm not sure exists. I mean it "Could" be interesting..but i sort of doubt it. Also the little oled panel is rather bizarre and..useless.

Back