the Yealink provisioning thread

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
ok so i know there are a few yealink fans out there, but i had a few issues i wanted to try to tackle as far as automatic phone settings were concerned...

right now i've got an XML phonebook hosted for the whole company to use, the problem is i have to manually install on each phone the remote phonebook name and URL...

then i want one of my softkeys (the one that's Dir now, which 2nd from the left on the T22/26) to go to that phonebook...

i'm using endpoint manager w/ freepbx to do the provisioning, and i've got them onboard, but i'd sort of like to get this fixed now so i can have a working system in the meantime...

endpoint man allows me to specify the softkey change, and it works, but as i said, i have to manually put in the remote phonebook name and URL in the web interface...

and even then, it changes the 2nd softkey's label to "XmlGro".... not very descriptive... i can't even find WHERE to change the label on the web interface, so i've been changing it manually on the actual phone, under advanced settings....

i found in the provisioning manual from yealink that you can make a "remotebook.xml" and a "softkey.xml" but i'm not seeing where you put those to make it use 'em... at the beginning of the manual it talks about the phone specific provisioning file and the model specific provisioning file, and i don't know WHAT to do...

any of you guys gotten this advanced w/ the yealinks yet?

looking to deploy probably 150 more of these things, so i'd like to get it nailed down... so far as a test i've tried creating a remotebook.xml and sticking it in the root of the tftp directory next to the cfgs... and nothing happens when i reboot the phone...

ended up solving both issues by finding some up to date info on provisioning (there are like... at least 3 guides floating around for different firmwares), and also just sheer trial and error...

got everything working the way i want to now!

Back