The X-Files: Season 11 Official Trailer

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The X-Files is back with an all-new 10-episode installment that will once again be executive-produced by creator Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning in their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. The event series will air during the 2017-2018 season.

THE X-FILES originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully and Mulder, as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

Freaken Sweat! Been waiting for this, one of my all time favorite shows. Looks like its going to be really good :alien::geek:

I never got around to watching the new series. So there was no alien stuff at all in the new ones? That was the over arcing story line in the original series, I think it's what people enjoyed the most. FFS, the first movie was even based on that arc.

When I think of my favorite X-Files episodes, nearly all have to do with the Majestic 12 story arc or the government black ops related to "alien" technology (like the body swap episode (Dreamland) or "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" parody episode).

The episodes like Home or Squeeze are of interest and make various Top 20 lists, but they aren't really exciting and suspensefull like the alien stuff. They are just oddities. They don't make you think (about stuff you want to).

I never got around to watching the new series. So there was no alien stuff at all in the new ones? That was the over arcing story line in the original series, I think it's what people enjoyed the most. FFS, the first movie was even based on that arc.

When I think of my favorite X-Files episodes, nearly all have to do with the Majestic 12 story arc or the government black ops related to "alien" technology (like the body swap episode (Dreamland) or "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" parody episode).

The episodes like Home or Squeeze are of interest and make various Top 20 lists, but they aren't really exciting and suspensefull like the alien stuff. They are just oddities. They don't make you think (about stuff you want to).

Season 10 had a lot of Alien stuff in it, and it follows the story arch from the entire series, minus a few classic monster episodes. Season 11 is picking up where season 10 left off.

I think my top 3 episodes are, or that have always stood out to me are:

1. Ice
2. Arcadia
3. Field Trip

Last edited:
Mulder, I got just five words for you: Damn glad to see you boy!

Didn't care too much for the last two seasons of the original series plus the 6-episode 10th season. It seems like the writers were pissing all over the original series in an attempt to reboot the franchise... at least for the first part of the 10th season. Didn't really care to watch the last two or three episodes.

Absolutely loved the return of the X-Files, looking forward to more X-Files goodness!

Didn't care too much for the last two seasons of the original series plus the 6-episode 10th season. It seems like the writers were pissing all over the original series in an attempt to reboot the franchise... at least for the first part of the 10th season. Didn't really care to watch the last two or three episodes.

Blasphemy. You can go watch Vampire Diaries or something. =P

I'm looking forward to this!

But the last couple episodes brought it back around to the UFO story line.

But the last couple episodes brought it back around to the UFO story line.

Yeah I mean, they didn't stray from the story at all, and they had to put a couple of monster episodes in for fan service, they were good too, especially the one with the Lizard guy, classic X-files.

Yeah I mean, they didn't stray from the story at all, and they had to put a couple of monster episodes in for fan service, they were good too, especially the one with the Lizard guy, classic X-files.

I loved the lizard episode. Funny as hell.

I'm in. The X-Files was one of the shows that kindled my interest in sci-fi in the first place. Love that weird crap those guys come up with. I don't even mind the occasional funny episode either.

I just started watching the X-Files original series .. halfway into season 2.. watching this trailer I was like .. "Fox! ..dang you got old .. and Skully lost some weight and her face got a lot longer ..."

Luv'n the series though

Sweet!

I still think season 4 episode 2 is one of the best and gives you the creeps.....

Huh, I thought I had read that they were going for contained one-episode arcs instead of the larger storyline.

Either way, I will watch it. Love the X-Files.

the new season will have 8 standalone monster-of-the-week episodes and 2 mythology

as far as the new trailer...looks great...the alien mythology which started out amazing was retconned so much that it's became the worst part of the show...with the new Season 11 trailer Cigarette Smoking Man looks like the interesting/mysterious early version and not the watered down later version...hopefully they can bring back the actual alien invasion story as well...

Gillian Anderson gets hotter with age.
Gillian Anderson is hot as fuck.
Her performance in American Gods is great and she's still a sexy MILF.
American-Gods-Gillian-Anderson-sexy-Marilyn-Monroe-950538.jpg

David Duchovny isn't holding up so well.
Watched the last batch of X-Files and his hair was dyed pitch black, he looked like a fucking corpse.

Sweet!

I still think season 4 episode 2 is one of the best and gives you the creeps.....
Was that the one about the mutant inbred family? Creepy, indeed! It was so controversial that Fox refused to rerun it. I loved it!!

Was that the one about the mutant inbred family? Creepy, indeed! It was so controversial that Fox refused to rerun it. I loved it!!

If you like that one watch the episode of Torchwood with a similar story, omg it gave me nightmares! Not really, but f’ing should have. It was one of the best hands down television episodes I’ve seen. These “monsters” like cloaked giant rats wearing crazy masks picking off the team one at a time using super human strength and speed. It’s not lame like they seperate the characters on purpose, they seperate for a reason, I think to find parts for a vehicle in an abandoned town that only has people in it every uhm 25 years or something. I don’t know where they found this set, but it looks like something out of the Village. Anywho...the last of the team end up together in a basement, the refrigerators (you can imagine what this basement looks like) get opened and there are harvested organs everywhere! They start taking them one at a time upstairs and the monsters are - a family of mutants, or sort of mutans, they are inbred hillbillies. Saws and shit everywhere, it doesn’t end well, but better than hoped for.

Gotta watch it!

The X-Files is back with an all-new 10-episode installment that will once again be executive-produced by creator Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning in their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. The event series will air during the 2017-2018 season.

THE X-FILES originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully and Mulder, as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

Gillian Anderson just said she is done with X-Files for good after season 11. :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/new-x-files-season-11-11309502

If you like that one watch the episode of Torchwood with a similar story, omg it gave me nightmares! Not really, but f’ing should have. It was one of the best hands down television episodes I’ve seen. These “monsters” like cloaked giant rats wearing crazy masks picking off the team one at a time using super human strength and speed. It’s not lame like they seperate the characters on purpose, they seperate for a reason, I think to find parts for a vehicle in an abandoned town that only has people in it every uhm 25 years or something. I don’t know where they found this set, but it looks like something out of the Village. Anywho...the last of the team end up together in a basement, the refrigerators (you can imagine what this basement looks like) get opened and there are harvested organs everywhere! They start taking them one at a time upstairs and the monsters are - a family of mutants, or sort of mutans, they are inbred hillbillies. Saws and shit everywhere, it doesn’t end well, but better than hoped for.

Gotta watch it!
I think that's the same episode I cited. They found the inbred mom under a bed and saw generations of pictures of the inbreds all over the walls. In the end, the mom and 1 or 2 of the inbred kids escaped in a beat up old car. Fox received so much negative feedback that the episode was removed from any rerun sequence.

I think that's the same episode I cited. They found the inbred mom under a bed and saw generations of pictures of the inbreds all over the walls. In the end, the mom and 1 or 2 of the inbred kids escaped in a beat up old car. Fox received so much negative feedback that the episode was removed from any rerun sequence.

Yeah, it was called "Home". Classic, albeit extremely disturbing, episode.

Oh Fox.. you fooled me once with that six episode thing where you schlocked things like "Junior Mulder & Junior Skully".. won't get me this time!

Oh Fox.. you fooled me once with that six episode thing where you schlocked things like "Junior Mulder & Junior Skully".. won't get me this time!
I thought the mini-me Mulder and Scully were great.

The minis were too much a younger clone that it smacked of offensively shitty writing.

I'll second that. I've lost track of how many times I've re-watched every episode of The Fall.
Only once for me, but it was a great series. Highly recommended even if you don't like Gillian.

I just started watching the X-Files original series .. halfway into season 2.. watching this trailer I was like .. "Fox! ..dang you got old .. and Skully lost some weight and her face got a lot longer ..."

Luv'n the series though
I think if a woman doesn't put on weight, then she loses it in her face, which makes her face look longer. May happen with guys too, and I'm not paying attention. But yeah, Duchovny has definitely gotten old (though It think he's also got a few years on Gillian)

Gillian Anderson is hot as fuck.
Her performance in American Gods is great and she's still a sexy MILF.
American-Gods-Gillian-Anderson-sexy-Marilyn-Monroe-950538.jpg

David Duchovny isn't holding up so well.
Watched the last batch of X-Files and his hair was dyed pitch black, he looked like a fucking corpse.
It's not like Gillian's hair isn't died (cept last season, when it was a wig).

Ugh, these two are getting too old for their roles, they should be doing desk jobs at their age and work with new agents: one preferably of color, genderfluid, gay/lesbian, and one white caucasian male. The social dynamics of the two new agents while working for Scully and Mulder should be a big hit! The SJX-Files.

Yeah, it was called "Home". Classic, albeit extremely disturbing, episode.

Was that the one where at the end the car drives away with the surviving freaks in it? It was so long ago that I can't remember. I know some of the freak episodes had 2 parts, can't remember if that one did or not.

Back