The WTF Gadget of the Day

It really doesn't make any sense... It's like... rollerblades for people that have balance issues, maybe?

It's a strap-on inline skating setup for people who don't have the coordination to handle the skates alone.

as the rest of the above have stated, where is the purpose or edge? This is a roller blader with the ability to break!

Also too many moving parts, which means it has more upkeep then a set of blades, plus no professional will ever back this making it a Walmart special.

I'm calling it now, less than 6 moths before some idiot snaps something and pierces their nads bringing about a multi-million dollar lawsuit when in all rights, we really should be thanking that company for preventing said idiot from contributing to the gene pool.

I can skate really well in a straight line.. I can't turn for crap and usually fall over, same for stopping. I usually end up on my ass. Picture peter griffin's first skating attempt when he attempted to apply the brakes.

This is the perfect device to help with that.

Wow, it is a good thing all you guys are super rich with your great ideas. :rolleyes: :p This looks to be something that could be very useful given the right area. Plus, you do not have to put on and take off or carry heavy roller blades around.

It would not surprise me to find that this thing folds up nice, small and is light weight.

Wipeout = nastiness. I can't imagine all of that loose metal flailing around like...well..a flail!

Good lord, web design is getting more annoying and gaudy by the day. Why do I have to scroll 8 years now to get to all the information.

Robo skates? Yeah, I see extreme injuries to the person that has to ride this thing through a crash. Of course, you could just jump off....err, Nope. You can't. You are strapped in.

Just a prototype. The final version is supposed to have a walker. The target audience here is elderly people.

Wow, it is a good thing all you guys are super rich with your great ideas. :rolleyes: :p This looks to be something that could be very useful given the right area. Plus, you do not have to put on and take off or carry heavy roller blades around.

It would not surprise me to find that this thing folds up nice, small and is light weight.
:confused:
Roller blades weigh less and take up less space. Either learn to stop on roller blades (which should take like 10 minutes max, unless you are 5) or just ride a bike.

Where's the integrated ipad holder? I can't wait to grocery shop with this.

It looks like roller blades for dummies.

Or as others call it, automatic woman repellant.

Why.................................................................?!?!?!?!?!?!

/da fuk

This appears to be a prototype for the new iWafflemaker. It's too bad they didn't use a clear backpack to show the waffles being made. I hope they solved the overheating issues, the last thing we want is burnt waffles in the morning.

Just a prototype. The final version is supposed to have a walker. The target audience here is elderly people.

Looking at their website, their target audience seems to be... well, I better let that image do the talking and spare skip the insults hehe :D

bg_s4.jpg

It's a bargain, though. Only 500 euro

Zoidberg voice: two records!

Wipeout = nastiness. I can't imagine all of that loose metal flailing around like...well..a flail!

If you use it as a transportation device though, I think this would be very hard to whipe-out on...depending of course on how it handles in the rain and snow. I'd love to see those two videos next. I do think the concept of .... hey, I can de-stap or strap in over a period of 4 seconds is nice. Mind you, how long does it take to put your pass on a bike seat though?

I do think this is more useful arguably than regular roller stakes in terms of ease of use, less chance to wipe out and easier to put on/off and could presumably be stored in any standard bike lock/rack from the design. However, it does still seem somewhat inferior to the bike. I can't envision that many places this could go that a bike could not reach. I'd imagine maximum speed on a bike is much faster. Turning pretty equivalent and bikes are hard to wipe out on if you are using it as a transportation device and not a 'sport' device.

The only advantage over a bike might be small size when folded up? Advantages over roller stakes = easy to lock/store/keep secure, might handle better in ice and snow and easier to put on/off. Disadvantages vs bike, numerous. Disadvantage vs stakes... looking dumb.

Wtf looks like someone put a Bike, scooter, and rollerblades all together into one stupid as *&%@ contraption. Least he took it off some SWEET JUMPS :p :rolleyes:.

It's bracers for your legs in anticipation of you falling and breaking said legs in the future using the device in the video.

Sorta like a rollerblade version of Mr. Garrisons It. Well, minus the "mouth" and "anus" flexi grips. :D

*bunch of people in front of a round table*

"Ok I got it! So we take rollerblades right? And a trick bike, right?

And

We combine them!"

Marketing: "Engineering, what are you guys doing here, get to work! We start shipping these Friday!"

I expected it to be motorized, like a segway

*bunch of people in front of a round table*
"Ok I got it! So we take rollerblades right? And a trick bike, right?
And
We combine them!"

Don't forget to add the wheel behind the bike wheel for good measure. Just make someone transform into the car already.

Better have perfectly smooth concrete to ride on, otherwise, the ride would suck.

Back