The World's Most Elegant & Luxurious Aluminum PC Case: Windy Soldam / Abee AS

If you think they're selling the cases, here's a novel idea: JUST DON'T PM THEM. Christ on a crutch people, how hard is it to believe that people have a few cases lying around in an industry where it's commonplace amongst the "enthusiasts" to buy pairs of $700 videocards every 8 months and cooling systems that cost more than a medium-level system from Dell? FFS, this is [H], not the friggin Pricewatch forums. Quit the conspiracy theories.

If you think they're selling the cases, here's a novel idea: JUST DON'T PM THEM. Christ on a crutch people, how hard is it to believe that people have a few cases lying around in an industry where it's commonplace amongst the "enthusiasts" to buy pairs of $700 videocards every 8 months and cooling systems that cost more than a medium-level system from Dell? FFS, this is [H], not the friggin Pricewatch forums. Quit the conspiracy theories.

I agree

Wow, I just woke up and saw this. :eek:
Like I said, if you have problem against me, take it to PMs.
There is no reason to bash these cases and ruin the thread..
I only admire these cases and would like to let everyone know about them.

Apallohadas,

No, I don't know A L.
I never even met him until I made this thread.

I have no reason to custom mod my case and that's not the point here.

$600 includes the awesome quality case, shipping to US, Paypal fees, and so on.
The actual price for these cases is usuually less than $500 shipped. That's not that much compared to LL.

I do request a little commision usually less than $20 which goes to my friend for his transportation and work to ship these cases. Without his help, these case are impossible to get(at least for me).

The only reason why I asked to offer help is because I received 15 PMs, asking me where to get these cases and if I can help them obtain one.

Apallohadas, I honestly don't know what is your problem.
If you dislike these cases, then don't post. It's that simple.
If you got some personal feeling against me, then take it to PMs.

Actually, I think AL and Koolance know each other.

Sorry fellas. Calling it the way it looks.

Everything was a rendering up until I asked for something more than case screws.

Then we get to see 2 custom cases.

Look around these forums and you'll find MANY very talented case builders that have sent parts out to be anodized. That alone doesn't make a case worth $600 bucks. (Especially a case that would have a solid side panel like the earlier renderings we were shown.)

Both of you sound like salesmen for the product. "If you want one, you'll have to buy through me." That's called commission based sales.

Why not just put the link out there for everyone?

If we can buy iPhone clones from the states, I can't imagine getting a PC Case to be as impossible as you're portraying. And if it'll cost $600+ and weeks of wait, why not just order an insanely expensive custom build from Falcon or the likes of them.

I look forward to more big red text.

Relax kid. Never said I didn't like you, the cases, or the girl next door. If you're running a business just be up front and post it in the For Sale forum like everyone else.

But I'll leave you and your For Sale thread alone ;)

Relax kid. Never said I didn't like you, the cases, or the girl next door. If you're running a business just be up front and post it in the For Sale forum like everyone else.

But I'll leave you and your For Sale thread alone ;)

Looks like it's personal.
Why are you calling me a kid? The girl next door?
So does it look like I am looking to make profit off 2-3 cases I help people buy? LOL. :D
So what should I do when people ask me where to get these cases? Just say No, they are not available in the states so you can't buy them?
Jeez, for the first time, I actually feel bad for trying to help people out.

I am afraid I must be cast out from the 'casing' community. I don't get these cases. That Windy Alcadia ZR-3000 Black Knight Limited Edition /w All black spike feet + a Dual PCI VGA Cooler looks awful. There I said it. The inside coating looks tacky and the outside doesn't look particularly impressive and its $500? Oh and yes I said it looks tacky and I own this:

meh_comp.jpg

and I took the stupid silver gauge thing out of it and sold it for $10 to make it even cheaper! It is a no screws design and it holds my computer in it and I like it.

You may now begin to ostracize me. I will be out by the old mill at dawn for the stoning, but damnit someone had to say it!

Hoshino metal, the founder of Soldam has gone bankrupt, but they are still cases on their shop. These cases are popular locally is the reason I assume. ;)
So are you saying that once they are all gone this brand is forever sold out?

Actually, I think AL and Koolance know each other.

Sorry fellas. Calling it the way it looks.

Everything was a rendering up until I asked for something more than case screws.

Then we get to see 2 custom cases.

Look around these forums and you'll find MANY very talented case builders that have sent parts out to be anodized. That alone doesn't make a case worth $600 bucks. (Especially a case that would have a solid side panel like the earlier renderings we were shown.)

Both of you sound like salesmen for the product. "If you want one, you'll have to buy through me." That's called commission based sales.

Why not just put the link out there for everyone?

If we can buy iPhone clones from the states, I can't imagine getting a PC Case to be as impossible as you're portraying. And if it'll cost $600+ and weeks of wait, why not just order an insanely expensive custom build from Falcon or the likes of them.

I look forward to more big red text.

Thanks to Apallohadas. With your concerns, I think the answer to your queries already appreaded from my previous post below:
II have been in Textile business for more than 15years.
And my title as sales manager.
PC / WC were my hobby. And only hobby.

Am I sound like sales or dealer for these Windy cases??

I'm sorry to inform you. Pls read from previous pages, I'm a Taiwanese who lived in Taiwan. I'm still working in textile business.
And I've mentioned Windy only selling their cases in Japan, not any where else.

We (me & my friends) bought the cases through an agent, then he send the cases back to Taiwan via courier service; this spend me a fortune ( I've mentioned it cost US$650 for my case). Not for anything, but only because I love this case.

How can I sell Windy case to you people in US or Canada? I really wonder.

All my post were provide with my OWN Windy case photos, and I never mention that I can or I'm willing to sell Windy case?

Answers for your suspectations,
1) Yes, I'm a sales, but for textile industry in Taiwan; thus I do not have any intend or willing to make selling (or making any commisions through buying service) aside from Fashion Textiles.

2) I shall repeat, I do not know k00lance or any of you here.

3) Kindly check through the past posts; for I never had post reply of : "If you want one, you'll have to buy through me."

This is my last reply to these personalize challenging questions. I had made myself clear enough.

Thank you very much.

A_L ..your system/case is HOT looks great Can we get a shot of your Desk area with system,monitor.speaker...see your world. :)
love it..nice work :cool:

Thanks, Darkside.
Only few earlier pictures available. And I love water coolings the most, where I spent my pocket money mostly for.

2 pictures from Early '06; you can see I used CM Stacker case for my WC gears.
PICT1947.jpg

11-09.jpg

And this from Sept/Oct '06. While just changed to Windy case.
PICT010.jpg

PICT2923.jpg

That's all what I have.

Guys, let's stop arguing.
There is no point in argue. If you have questions or concerns, just PM me. ;)
Let everyone enjoy the pictures and once I get my case, I will post the pictures here.
I can't wait!! :D

I must say WOW to that aqua computer build. Looks amazing.

Anyway I think people are making too big a deal out of this. These are niced cases with a big price tag. Some people might be interested. I know I would be if I werent a poor college student. IMO it is much more worthwhile to invest in a high quality case which you will enjoy and be proud of than say 8800GTX SLI. Cases dont lose nearly as much value, especially in limited quantity cases like this, than a typical graphics card.

I just found some interesting photos over XS.
I know some may dislike the photos I post, but I believe there are more people enjoy them.
These are long gone.
Here we go.. ;)

color_bk2.jpg

feat1_01.jpg

color_bk22.jpg

feat1_03.jpg

Red & Blue Spear

color_rs.jpg

xr2jv_rs.jpg

color_bs.jpg

xr2jv_bs.jpg

XR-2 DOS DREAM Limited Dual:

ww6lr2.jpg

ww1zr5.jpg

ww2rn8.jpg

ww3ky7.jpg

ww4df3.jpg

ww5pa4.jpg

.....The inside coating looks tacky and the outside doesn't look particularly impressive and its $500? Oh and yes I said it looks tacky and I own this:

meh_comp.jpg

......You may now begin to ostracize me. I will be out by the old mill at dawn for the stoning, but damnit someone had to say it!

not ostracizing you, i'm just curious how is it exactly you find a particular case "tacky" when your case defined by Websters is well
Tacky: not having or exhibiting good taste: as a : marked by lack of style : DOWDY b : marked by cheap showiness : GAUDY <a tacky publicity stunt> <a tacky outfit>

So by that definition since you like your case, you've gotta love Windy cases...............LOL HAHA!!!

You're right about that. :eek:
It doesn't look like it has a removable mobo tray though. So you lose. :p:)

Yes but at $80 I can buy 6 of them and mount up to 20 drives in each ;)

..Just sayin.

I've seen them in real life except the NZXT one.
They don't look as good. Let us not forget, this thread is for the most elegant and luxurious cases. ;) :D

I just found out these cases come with Scythe S-FLEX fans stock. :eek::eek::eek:

Dual fan mechanism:

dd1vb1.jpg

dd2ob4.jpg

I really want this, but this one is long gone as well.

These cases are seriously cool, and I know that if I had that kind of money to blow on a case I definitely would, but what is the deal with all the fans? I thought these things were supposed to be quiet, and yet the last one posted has two 120mm fans literally stacked on top of each other. That is not going to help anything and is only going to greatly increase fan noise. Why would they do that?

I forget how to calculate the DBA level.. but 4 quiet fans are silent than a single loud fan.
These fans are super silent Scythe S-Flex.

I forget how to calculate the DBA level.. but 4 quiet fans are silent than a single loud fan.
These fans are super silent Scythe S-Flex.

Doesn't matter how many fans you stack, you still increase the noise and you also don't do much for the airflow unless if they were designed to be either boosting fans or compression. When the fans are stacked so close, you deal with wind noise too and blade noise as the blades were designed for a single fan application.

A lot of Hard drive room too...6 terror bytes !!! :D

extendhdnn4.jpg

You can fit in more hard drives than that, looks like a bay at the bottom for one more and some at the top for more.

Doesn't matter how many fans you stack, you still increase the noise and you also don't do much for the airflow unless if they were designed to be either boosting fans or compression. When the fans are stacked so close, you deal with wind noise too and blade noise as the blades were designed for a single fan application.

It increases the CFM by 160%. So it does help with internal airflow.

How do you figure that? I think putting two fans so close together would cause a lot of wind turbulence and noise. Plus, no fan is silent. Believe me, I've looked. Two identical fans will always be louder than just one of that same fan.

Again, I'm in love with these cases just as much as you dude, I'm just saying that the airflow on that one looks a little iffy.

How do you figure that? I think putting two fans so close together would cause a lot of wind turbulence and noise. Plus, no fan is silent. Believe me, I've looked. Two identical fans will always be louder than just one of that same fan.

Again, I'm in love with these cases just as much as you dude, I'm just saying that the airflow on that one looks a little iffy.

No fan is silent? List the fans you have used before.
I have owned Scythe S-flex's, Yate-loon's(especially the SL), Panaflo's, and so much more.
S-flexes are deadly quiet. My friend has 6 of them hooked up to his radiator in a MountainMod case and I can't hear a thing.

Where do you come up with this number? Source?

Stacking a fan increases air pressure, but does not increase air flow. Running parallel fans increases air flow but not air pressure.

This setup is a stacked same directional fan, thus you dont see an air flow or if any, no where near 160%. Also, since you have no contra blade action, you are seeing less improvements ontop of that too.

Show me some sources.

Where do you come up with this number? Source?

Stacking a fan increases air pressure, but does not increase air flow. Running parallel fans increases air flow but not air pressure.

This setup is a stacked same directional fan, thus you dont see an air flow or if any, no where near 160%. Also, since you have no contra blade action, you are seeing less improvements ontop of that too.

Show me some sources.

I didn't even think. I sourced it directly from their home page

&#21336;&#20307;&#35013;&#30528;&#26178;&#12398;&#38745;&#38899;&#27700;&#28310;&#12434;&#32173;&#25345;&#12375;&#12394;&#12364;&#12425;&#25490;&#27671;&#27969;&#37327;&#12434;&#39131;&#36493;&#30340;&#12395;&#39640;&#12417;&#12427;&#30452;&#21015;&#25645;&#36617;&#22411;&#12398;&#25490;&#27671;&#12461;&#12483;&#12488;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;&#12501;&#12449;&#12531;&#12434;2&#22522;&#30452;&#21015;&#12395;&#37197;&#32622;&#12377;&#12427;&#12371;&#12392;&#12391;&#32004;1.6&#20493;&#12418;&#12398;&#39080;&#37327;&#65288;CFM &#20516;&#65289;&#12434;&#30906;&#20445;&#12375;&#25490;&#27671;&#27969;&#37327;&#12434;&#24375;&#21270;&#12377;&#12427;&#12371;&#12392;&#12391;&#12465;&#12540;&#12473;&#20869;&#37096;&#12456;&#12450;&#12501;&#12525;&#12540;&#12434;&#39640;&#12417;&#21177;&#26524;&#30340;&#12395;&#20919;&#21364;&#24615;&#33021;&#12434;&#24341;&#12365;&#19978;&#12370;&#12414;&#12377;

It translates the dual fan set up = CFM x 1.6 and increases internal airflow.

No fan is silent? List the fans you have used before.
I have owned Scythe S-flex's, Yate-loon's(especially the SL), Panaflo's, and so much more.
S-flexes are deadly quiet. My friend has 6 of them hooked up to his radiator in a MountainMod case and I can't hear a thing.

Which S-flexes? The low, medium, or high speed ones? How much are they undervolted? If they're totally silent, I want some lol. :D

I didn't even think. I sourced it directly from their home page

It translates the dual fan set up = CFM x 1.6 and increases internal airflow.

Welcome to advertising ;)

Sadly, their numbers are most likley far off. Stacking the fans depends on a number of factors such as the blade design and back pressure of the rear fan. Since the fans are the same, move in the same direction (read: not a contra-rotating blade) and are of the same specification, you will not see such a boost in air flow. Also you introduce turbulance as a result of the freestanding fans being forced to work together.

Check out this site if you want to know a little bit more, those guys are absolute freaks when it comes to cooling:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips336/index.asp

Actually stacking fans that are not designed such as a contra blade results in a loss in air flow performance and can actually hurt your overall cooling effectiveness and can result in more noise being created.

Which S-flexes? The low, medium, or high speed ones? How much are they undervolted? If they're totally silent, I want some lol. :D

The low S-Flex fans are virtually silent, at 8dba they are next to impossible to hear... you can only hear the swooshing of the air as you stick your ear pretty much in it.

Keep in mind, the low S-Flex fans do not move an incredible amount of air (still good, but not high performance of course) and they are expensive.... in fact, you can buy around 15 of the highly famous YATE LOON fans for the same price.

Back