The World's Most Elegant & Luxurious Aluminum PC Case: Windy Soldam / Abee AS

These cases aren't for everyone, especially the *smart* consumers.

lol... so they're for stupid consumers?

wind2qo1.jpg

That's freakin money. Not $500, but it's money.

I don't think they need a window; they just need to be cheaper. If I want a window I'll mod it myself. Most windows I see usually scream "Look at me -- I'm a gamer!!"

But try to think on this example : You're having a Corvette in the garage; but someday, car salesman visit offering Lambo & Ferrari......... What will you do? :D

I'd gawk, drool, maybe take it for a test drive if possible then send him away when he shows me the price tag. and they are very nice cases and I finally figured out that that all that cooling system of theirs does is allow them to get rid of any grill in the faceplate by ducting it in from the back and side of the case through the side panels which is like designing a gas powered car without a grill by ducting it from the cowl, while an impressive bit of engineering it's purely cosmetic and possibly limits or degrades cooling performance.

The limited cooling ability of the design is shown in the number of fans it has in a case thats designed to be quiet as most cases that are designed to be quiet try to do it by having very few large slow fans but these have six or more fans, again it is impressive that they are able to keep the case quiet with so many fans but it seems like a lot of work just to eliminate a front grill which they have in some models so maybe I'm missing the idea or point of their cooling scheme but after looking at it them again I'm going to haft to change my analogie from Lambo's and Ferrari's to them being Rolls Royce's, beautiful classy but expensive as hell and will never see the track.

definantly some of the most beautiful cases i've ever seen. but does anyone else get the photoshop feeling? i know the cases are real but... i dont know i just get that gut feeling.

It looks like they used photoshop to change the color of the inside of the case on the photos so they don't have to take a picture of all the cases just do one and change it to match what they're offering.

And i actually think it looks better with the front mesh on the front of the case than the no vent versions.

Omg.

Those are some of the sickest cases I have ever seen, but I do agree that they need a window.

These are computer cases, not houses or curtains or whatever bad analogy you'd like to use. If I'm going to buy something that has a beautiful interior like that, the whole point is to be able to see it. It is indeed art, but it is art that actually serves a functional purpose... it's intended to run a computer. I mean give me a break.

You can't compare it to a car either because people actually SIT in the cars and while most find the leather aesthetically pleasing, many people enjoy the comfort of it. Computer components don't know the difference.

I'm just saying it's beautiful but there really should be an option to have an additional panel with a window. I agree with that.

No, they are not for stupid consumers.
If you have what it takes to own this case, then why not?
We all have a different taste as you can see. :p

Actually, they are not THAT expensive.
It's actually the overseas shipping that is killer. Some of these cases are actually cheaper than LL.

lol... so they're for stupid consumers?

wind2qo1.jpg

That's freakin money. Not $500, but it's money.

I don't think they need a window; they just need to be cheaper. If I want a window I'll mod it myself. Most windows I see usually scream "Look at me -- I'm a gamer!!"

Very nice, but I dont think they are as sleek as some of LL's or SS's cases.

In the looks department, nothing beats the Tj07 imo.

Very nice, but I dont think they are as sleek as some of LL's or SS's cases.

In the looks department, nothing beats the Tj07 imo.

You've got to see these in person.
I was in the same boat as you. I bashed the guy who owned this case over at XS as if he was crazy. I was wrong, and I feel bad for what I've done.
You have to compare these cases side by side. Windy is clearly a notch above Lian Li and SS.

BAH! This whole thread is irritating as hell to someone looking for a new case, like me. :p For one thing you can't buy them in the U.S. and to get one shipped...forget about it unless you have a dispossible income. I saw a photo of the black/red one a month ago and drooled all over it then realized we can't get them here. After seeing that photo every other case is a let down to me. Now I see they have red and blue cases! Nothing in the U.S. IMHO can compare to the Windys. Unless those photos are photoshoped as someone mentioned. Unless they start selling them in the U.S. this thread is nothing but a bummer :(

No these aren't photoshopped. I think that's not what he meant.
They look exactly the same in real life. Otherwise, I wouldn't have ditched my newly bought LL 343b so quickly.

sorry if i made people think that the whole case was shopped. i just thought the interior paint looked shopped and that the fans looked copied into the pic.

but dam. i'd buy one of those cases in a second. anyone got a link to a page for customizing the cases?

How much is shipping alone? I have a friend who lives in Japan? The actual cost of the case converted into U.S. dollars is 500?

How much is shipping alone?

Depends on which shipping method. EMS / DHL are expensive, but they are really safe and arrive fast. Less than 1 week to US.

A case with modular optical / hard drive bays? That is the

Coolest.
Fucking.
Thing.
Ever.

its getting harder and harder not to pull the trigger on one of these, I just have to decide which one I love the most or I will end up with 5

Count me in for 1, if shipping to Canada wasn't so damn expensive. :(

lol, shipping to whereever is expensive! Except Asia.
We are in the same boat.

Those are some dam wicked cases for sure...
A while back I almost order a soldam case that was perforated on all sides (Looked like the Lian Li A05 in size) except for the front
which was solid aluminum ..you could see thew the case,the motherboard side had a solid panel to mount the motherboard..I fell in love with that case..it came in black,blue & red..But once i found out what the shipping was..it took my breath away..But now I wish i bite the bullet and bought them...shit I want all 3 :D

kOOlance..I may hit ya about one of these

i don't think they need to drop the price at all. Its nice knowing not everyone and their sack riding friend can buy these insanely beautiful cases for $50 bucks a pop.

Ef it, if you want it, buy it. Only person in the way is yourself. Work your ass off and buy an awsome case. The price tag imo is about exclusivity and not only that but for its obviously high build quality. IByourspoiledwe'renotrichgobacktoyourtrustfund :rolleyes:

I def woulda picked one up over my tj09 if i knew about'm. Not to mention i'll be moving to japan here in about 2months so hell, maybe on my second build i can pick one up :eek:

The build quality looks great on a 'fit & finish' level, and the execution is great, but the overall designs aren't really groundbreaking.

Even the double-wall panels & rear shroud for silent operation are nothing new, see the Lian Li PC-S80

Pretty neat overall though.

The build quality looks great on a 'fit & finish' level, and the execution is great, but the overall designs aren't really groundbreaking.

Even the double-wall panels & rear shroud for silent operation are nothing new, see the Lian Li PC-S80

Pretty neat overall though.

ya know, some of us were drooling over and posting about the Soldams 7 years ago. The Lian Li's are just cheaper knockoffs ;) Actually I think Coolermaster was the first to rip off Soldam then Lian Li copied Coolermaster.......anyway, they're all good. I'm looking at the new Zalman for my next build.

Windy never cease to amaze.

Here is the Windy Alcadia ZR-3000 Black Knight Limited Edition /w All black spike feet + a Dual PCI VGA Cooler and matching black knight fan gaskets to remove vibration.
Only available for 24 hours between 7/10 ~ 7/11 in local time.

new1hx5.jpg

new2ib5.jpg

Damn, this brings back memories of my old shuttle, the SB75S LE, it was designed by Soldam, freakin sweet, best paint job I've ever seen on a case. A buddy has it now.

Definitely digging the mATX Fiery box, how much does one of them go for and can you get it with a window?

Damn, this brings back memories of my old shuttle, the SB75S LE, it was designed by Soldam, freakin sweet, best paint job I've ever seen on a case. A buddy has it now.

Definitely digging the mATX Fiery box, how much does one of them go for and can you get it with a window?

They don't come with windows..it would take away from the cooling designed of a sealed case.:cool:

So to the best of everyones knowledge there are no plans to sell these in the U.S. anytime soon correct?

You had to post pics of those cases didn't you Koolance. I outta smack you ;)

Seems like one big infomercial by k00lance. I thought advertisements and solicitations were supposed to be in other parts of the forum?

Nice cases though, look sharp. I like the painted insides. Quality is quality, whether it's seen a lot or not. Some folks just like knowing they have good stuff.

These cases are damn hot. Looking at the Abee M3 myself. Being able to expand it if you want is killer.

I thought advertisements and solicitations were supposed to be in other parts of the forum?

There is no advertisement. How can this be an advertisement, if you can't buy it? :rolleyes:
I just wanted to show everyone these cases exist in reality and share my knowledge with everyone. :D

There is no advertisement. How can this be an advertisement, if you can't buy it? :rolleyes:
I just wanted to show everyone these cases exist in reality and share my knowledge with everyone. :D

You got my vote..Love it..nice of you to bring it to us. ;) :D

I just realized owning one of those cases would be a blessing but also a curse.. You would really have a hard time letting it go later on. I could see myself "stuck" with one of those cases forever. Of course not really, since form factors change. I would loathe the day I decide that "old" ATX board has to go in favor of the new XYZ form factor, and XYZ won't fit in my $500 exclusive uncut Director's Edition limited run case.

Still, I could see myself going to some extremes for either one of those black/red mid-towers or that crazy purple one. How the hell did they make a PURPLE case look awesome without looking stupid?

I just realized owning one of those cases would be a blessing but also a curse.. You would really have a hard time letting it go later on. I could see myself "stuck" with one of those cases forever. Of course not really, since form factors change. I would loathe the day I decide that "old" ATX board has to go in favor of the new XYZ form factor, and XYZ won't fit in my $500 exclusive uncut Director's Edition limited run case.

Still, I could see myself going to some extremes for either one of those black/red mid-towers or that crazy purple one. How the hell did they make a PURPLE case look awesome without looking stupid?

:D :D true,,hehe

Back