The World's First Standing Computer Desk Chassis

Needs a place to bolt monitors to. That is the issue we have at work with the standing desk people. Monitors can fall off.

Needs a place to bolt monitors to. That is the issue we have at work with the standing desk people. Monitors can fall off.
dk-04-04.png

The site when it loads shows that is has a monitor mount location.

With no angled support for the legs, I would be worried about the strength/stability of it.

I want them to show a video of somebody leaning on it. If it wobbles at all, then it is not sturdy enough.

Steve you are dead wrong. Red Harbinger was the first retail one. You can see one on season 4 episode 9 of the Vanilla Ice Project

I love my lian-li cases but man, I lol'ed hard when I saw the "maxtor" hard drive in their pics.

a bit dated

and yes, that version was no sitting as its legs were made taller to use at trade shows ;) The chairs did not work with it correctly due to height

It's nice, especially if you only have one large monitor or two medium sized monitors, but at 47" wide it's just too short for three nice sized monitors. I'd have to see it in real life either way.

Last edited:
Steve you are dead wrong. Red Harbinger was the first retail one. You can see one on season 4 episode 9 of the Vanilla Ice Project

Man I am so glad he showed what was behind the door....I was entranced by the 2 foot tall door just hanging open there :)

I ave never heard of that show, but sounds cool, and sounds cool for you.

With no angled support for the legs, I would be worried about the strength/stability of it.

I want them to show a video of somebody leaning on it. If it wobbles at all, then it is not sturdy enough.

Come on, this is Lian Li we're talking about. The company that makes chic aluminum chassis that cost $300USD....that are as flimsy as a tissue-paper box

I wish it had like 20" more width.I don't really need standing or motorized, but their regular desks without these are just as expensive. Full 5.25" bay is an improvement over their previous desks. In addition, you don't need a pci riser for this one. Overall, this is a great improvement over their previous desks. Wish I had the money to buy one.

Come on, this is Lian Li we're talking about. The company that makes chic aluminum chassis that cost $300USD....that are as flimsy as a tissue-paper box

Heh. I have 2 Lian Li cases. An old PC-767 (full tower that is a beast) and a newer PC100 that my retro rig is in.. It is also not flimsy.

What Lian Li cases are flimsy?

I just don't trust ANY two legged desk that doesn't have angled supports for the legs.

Heh. I have 2 Lian Li cases. An old PC-767 (full tower that is a beast) and a newer PC100 that my retro rig is in.. It is also not flimsy.

What Lian Li cases are flimsy?

I just don't trust ANY two legged desk that doesn't have angled supports for the legs.

Most of them.

You ever have a CaseLabs or MountainMods box? Sure LLs look nice, but they're simply flimsy in comparison. Drop a MM or CL and you'll damage your floor. Drop a LL and it'll break, heck simply in picking it up it will deform under its own weight. Flimsy, like I said.

Standing at work during the day and at your desk is actually bad for your health. So sit down and rest your body.

Standing has been debunked many times over by scientists and health care professionals.

Also, some of the largest movements behind this 'faux trend' was from companies trying to sell it's 'standing' products. The stories became viral and a lot of false and misleading science started to get reported on in favor of these products.

Sorry, people do not sit at their desks all day. There is lunch, breaks, meetings along with a half dozen other reasons people stand up from their desk and become mobile. There never was a problem.

This Lian-Li standing desk is PURE marketing and a revenue source form yet another company trying to profit off this faux heath scare. If anything, be mad at those companies that further this exploitation.

Sorry Folks, But Standing Desks May Not Make You Any Healthier

Video: Debunking Fitness Myths: Standing Desks

6 Reasons Why Standing Desks Aren’t as Healthy As You Think | Fix My Pc FREE

Most of them.

You ever have a CaseLabs or MountainMods box? Sure LLs look nice, but they're simply flimsy in comparison. Drop a MM or CL and you'll damage your floor. Drop a LL and it'll break, heck simply in picking it up it will deform under its own weight. Flimsy, like I said.

Nope, have never had either of those.

I know if I dropped my PC 767 it would damage the floor. Even empty it is pretty heavy and the aluminum is quite thick. LIAN LI Classical Silent PC-767 Silver/Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

The PC 100 is a a pretty light weight case, and the panels are noticeably thinner than the PC 767, but I had never had a problem with it flexing. The only thing that is bad about it is the plastic pegs that are on the front panel. If I pick it up by the front panel, the panel will pop of and a peg will break.

Guessing they have just gotten cheaper over the years, but still way better than a crappy super flimsy "steel" case. I would never pay full price for a LL case though. I got the PC 767 used for $20 and the PC 100 new for I think either $50 or $70.

I bought a 72" wide sit to stand desk from Sunway back in 2012. I had to go through a dealer so it wasn't the price on the website, but it was close - I think it was about $1650 delivered (delivery was $350).

I paid a bit more and waited so I could get a carbon fiber pattern laminate. The first desk surface was damaged in shipping so they sent me a second (30" x 70" MDF) desktop to replace it (they take an inch off each side for clearance). That one ended up sagging because of the width of the desk.

A few months after that, they sent me a third desk top that was 1.25" thick instead of 1" thick - I didn't thing that would be enough to help with the sagging because MDF isn't that rigid and they had the legs mounted at the very edge instead of inboard 12" or so (which would have reduced the span a lot and really helped. Sunway was extremely cool and for the 3rd desk, they let me send them some custom measurements/locations for the grommet holes to accommodate my bolt-through Chief monitor mount.

I ended up buying a steel anti-sag brace online (about $30) and installing it myself - worked perfectly and I spoke with the company a lot - I bought their first 72" wide desk and I was something of a beta tester. Later I had an issue with the keyboard surface sagging and they sent me a redesigned surface that was better.

I work from home and I thought I would stand a lot more than I do (very rarely) but the big advantage for be has just been having the precise height control. I'm really tall so most desks don't fit me - having the ability to independently adjust the desk and keyboard height (and tilt!) is so nice and I think it's helped me avoid getting any RSI issues. When I do find myself working long hours, I will take time to stand.

You have to be extremely careful in how you setup a motorized desk - once I had put on a temporary ethernet cable after I moved and it very nearly made my PC tip over and fall off the desk (I was watching it, luckily).

My bottom line is that I would not buy another sit to stand desk, but having a degree of control over the surfaces is mandatory and non-negotiable.

Standing at work during the day and at your desk is actually bad for your health. So sit down and rest your body.

Standing has been debunked many times over by scientists and health care professionals.

Also, some of the largest movements behind this 'faux trend' was from companies trying to sell it's 'standing' products. The stories became viral and a lot of false and misleading science started to get reported on in favor of these products.

Sorry, people do not sit at their desks all day. There is lunch, breaks, meetings along with a half dozen other reasons people stand up from their desk and become mobile. There never was a problem.

This Lian-Li standing desk is PURE marketing and a revenue source form yet another company trying to profit off this faux heath scare. If anything, be mad at those companies that further this exploitation.

Sit or stand as you please. I have one for work and I love it so much I am going to buy a setup for home.

Stand all day without being able to sit sucks as much as sitting all day. People need to move around more.

The truth is that sitting all day is pretty bad for you as well.

The key - IMHO - seems to be neither sitting nor standing all day, but rather having adjustable desks, so your body gets some variety and movement.

The other key is good posture. Get good posture when you are young so you dont have to spend years undoing decades of bad habits when you get older.

As a taller individual, I like the Sit to Stand desks as I can raise them to be in a more natural and comfortable position for me while sitting. Still, not sure I'd go for this. I've been disappointed with the past few Lian Li cases I've purchased lately, as they've felt very cheap.

Call me stupid but, what is a standing computer desk? What's the alternative, a laying down one?

Call me stupid but, what is a standing computer desk? What's the alternative, a laying down one?
The height is adjustable so you can raise it up while standing in front of it or drop it back down while sitting at your chair

I see, never heard of such a thing.

It's the latest fad with companies. Sitting all day is suppose to be bad for you, so let's have all of our employees stand! As SixFootDuo mentioned above though, standing all day isn't exactly better for you either. It's moving that's healthy. Really, standing desks are just a way for a company to save money on not having to buy chairs while being able to squeeze more employees into a tighter area.

Back