The Witcher | Official Teaser | Netflix

Well, normally the answer would be obvious, but I thought Cavill had made it clear he didn't want to come back--he was hardly in Justice League. I wonder how they talked him into it.

New leadership took over. Cavill was likely always unhappy with how WB treated Synder and how Whedon treated everyone and that made him not want to return. With all previous WB leadership getting the boot and even that moron Walter Hamada leaving, it's a good time to re-evaluate things. Everyone loves working with James Gunn and Cavill loves Superman. Under Gunn's leadership there's a very good chance we're going to see a Superman project where the character will actually be allowed to be Superman. I wouldn't be surprised to see Affleck appear as Batman again, beyond Flash (if that movie ever releases).

New leadership took over. Cavill was likely always unhappy with how WB treated Synder and how Whedon treated everyone and that made him not want to return. With all previous WB leadership getting the boot and even that moron Walter Hamada leaving, it's a good time to re-evaluate things. Everyone loves working with James Gunn and Cavill loves Superman. Under Gunn's leadership there's a very good chance we're going to see a Superman project where the character will actually be allowed to be Superman. I wouldn't be surprised to see Affleck appear as Batman again, beyond Flash (if that movie ever releases).
Well, that's certainly fair, especially the part about Whedon, who turned out to be a piece of work. I don't think I'd ever heard why he didn't want to come back before, just that he wanted out.

Netflix has some of the worst writers in the industry working for them. They are about on par with network television writers on their best days. The only good shows on Netflix are the ones that have independent writing teams.
There's a good show on netflix?

From my perspective, it's always the same. Season 1 - good, Season 2 - mediocre, Season 3-infinity - s**t

There's a good show on netflix?

From my perspective, it's always the same. Season 1 - good, Season 2 - mediocre, Season 3-infinity - s**t

There are quite a few good Netflix created shows. Obviously the more recent the show the worse it seems to get but I'm not going to make the BS claim that everything made by Netflix is crap.

Last edited:
The Witcher: Season 3 | Official Teaser | Netflix

Volume 1: June 29th
Volume 2: July 27th

should be a good season but will also be the last one i watch, have no desire to watch liam Hemsworth as Geralt.

why are there 2 volumes?

Netflix did the same thing with the recent season of Stranger Things (and a few other high profile releases)...they want to extend the season so it gets talked about for a longer period of time...the Netflix binge model where they release all the episodes at the same time is both a good and bad thing...by splitting the season up it helps keep the watercooler discussion going for longer

Netflix did the same thing with the recent season of Stranger Things (and a few other high profile releases)...they want to extend the season so it gets talked about for a longer period of time...the Netflix binge model where they release all the episodes at the same time is both a good and bad thing...by splitting the season up it helps keep the watercooler discussion going for longer
oh shit. hated waiting weekly for new episode of the boys on prime

That and some shows benefit from being paced. It's harder to appreciate a cliffhanger if you know can just click "next episode" and immediately find out what happens next. Don't get me wrong, companies string these out to prevent people from finishing an entire show during a free trial, but there is an upside.

That and some shows benefit from being paced. It's harder to appreciate a cliffhanger if you know can just click "next episode" and immediately find out what happens next. Don't get me wrong, companies string these out to prevent people from finishing an entire show during a free trial, but there is an upside.

seems like most of the other major streamers (Prime Video, HBO Max, Apple TV+, Disney+) are going with weekly releases (even for their biggest hits like Mandalorian, The Boys etc) so Netflix might be trying to have it both ways by splitting up the season for their most popular content...the binge release model might be coming to an end

LOVED the witcher games, couldn't get through the show. My girlfriend loved it though (looking at you Cavill).

Can't wait. But out of here before I read too much in to politics of the show though lmao. Cheers.

Replaying the game in new game + for my second play through and it’s soooooo good. It really holds up well. Just played the battle of Kaer Morhan against the Wild Hunt, and it’s such an epic fight that brings all the characters you have met along the way together. I originally played as a swordsman, and now I’m playing as a signs build. I enjoyed that battle more as a signs build. Such an epic game scenario. Then the funeral scene with the characters on the cliff side —- it’s gorgeous. The best action sequence and storyline of all time in any game I’ve played. Puts the Netflix series to shame!

It also makes you pay for a minimum of two months of subscription...

Replaying the game
Puts the Netflix series to shame!
If you thought "the" game was good as a story, you should play the first two. Better stories and atmosphere than the third. The first one had an amazing twist, and the second one was more intense than either the first or third. Open world had a major negative effect on the pacing of the third game.

I hate that, I tend to wait until a full season is released. Think this is the last season with the original actor. Season 2 was a big let down anyways.

since it's only a 1 month break between Volumes those people looking to save $$ will probably just wait until Volume 2 drops before binging it
True, if you want to wait and risk spoilers. Nowadays it's a minefield on the internet if a new, popular show comes out and you don't watch it right away.

True, if you want to wait and risk spoilers. Nowadays it's a minefield on the internet if a new, popular show comes out and you don't watch it right away.
People love putting spoilers in article headlines now days.

Earlier this season on Picard, I just googled "Star Trek" on Friday (had not seen the Thur episode) and multiple headlines in just search results spoiled a big part of the particular episode. Really pisses me off.

The Witcher: Season 3 | Official Trailer | Netflix

Volume 1: June 29th
Volume 2: July 27th

I hear Season 3 was a dud...the last few episodes did a poor job handling Cavill's exit

I am not surprised at all that Henry, who by all accounts does love the books and lore - was out.

I don't understand why we can't just tell these stories, with the characters as they are described.
Maybe having this crater and Rings of Power will suggest alternate plans?

More like their lack of handling it.

I can understand why they didn't want to make a big deal out of it...they want the transition to Liam Hemsworth to be seamless and don't want to call attention to the fact that Cavill is gone...I hear Season 3 was pretty faithful to the 2nd book so it should have been better

This season started out slow but it really ended well. I was kinda hooked on last 3 episodes. I honestly didn't even know it ended at episode 8 lmao. I thought there were 2 more episodes.

Now I am not really ever too worried about the character change, from news Liam was actually top runner after auditions before they selected Cavill. From what I have seen looks like they are going to do a pretty good job on making him look like witcher. So I am sure they always had that planned out. Loved Cavill and wish him the best.

I am kinda excited to see how Liam holds up given he was right behind Cavill in auditions and see how he does. Kinda has suspense to it in a way.

Last edited:
Going to finish this tonight. My biggest problem with this series is it is hard to follow. It doesn't really do a good job explaining the time line jumps in the beginning. As I played Witcher 2/3 and read more back story I could fill it in. But I feel like if you never played the games or read the books you would be completely lost. It seems to have some bad episodes that are essentially disconnected from the main story, but then there are some interesting ones. Season 3 seems to be amounting to something in the last few episodes.

Of course, there is still problems with how Netflix adapted it which I won't go over again. Seems like fans of the books dislike the show even more than those who just played the games.

Yes. It's a complete bastardization and completely alters characters and tone for the sake of "muh drama".

you're never going to get a direct page for page book adaptation for a lot of these epic sci-fi and fantasy books- Foundation on Apple TV+ is very different from the books but keeps the core story intact, Game of Thrones, The Witcher, The Expanse etc...TV and books are very different...what works well in the books doesn't translate well to TV

Reactions: NKD
like this
Yes. It's a complete bastardization and completely alters characters and tone for the sake of "muh drama".

There are a lot of things I don't like about it, but so far I've yet to really see Geralt talk. In the games many people knew him and were friendly with him which made sense because Geralt liked to talk. His tone and stance on things was always kind of neutral, but if I recall that has a bit to do with him being a witcher. But he would still have long conversations. In the TV series he almost never uses complete sentences. He probably has the least bit of dialogue of the main characters in each episode. Which makes it odd that people know him so well in the TV series. Made sense in the games (and probably books), but it is ill fitting for the character in the TV adaption.

Probably just one of many things they got wrong.

Back