The Witcher EE won't install..?

Decko87

2[H]4U
So I've had The Witcher for a while and downloaded the recent EE patch. Unfortunately the install seems to fail every time. I tried new drivers, tried installing from a later patch, from the basic patch ect. ect. It seems like I have no real options as to why it won't god damn install! When I install the base game and run it, the witcher seems to perform beautifully. But when I install the patch it and it begins the "modifying files, this may take up to two hours" portion, it says it's failed and that my game hasn't been altered. However, whenever I try to run the game you can't and The Witcher game launcher won't even work so it's nessecary that I have to reinstall the damn thing again! Did I download a faulty patch? I got it directly from their website, so I don't see how that is possible. Any suggestions?

Have you checked out their forums? Here's a link to some FAQ about EE problems....

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

I had no problems installing the patch so I really don't know what could be giving you problems. :confused: Do you have enough HD space? They say you need 3GB to patch successfully. Also, you need to have the language pack in the same folder as the EE patch so the installer can automatically find it. Good luck!

No I didn't use any mods... I actually got it to complete the install today. However, each time I load the game it says "The Witcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I don't know what to do... I'm almost ready to just give up, I love games but not enough to put up with this.

You should probably check/post your problem on The Witcher forums as posted on the post #3. They are fairly supportive and post regularly.

You'll have to uninstall the Witcher and then reinstall it bare. Then try the EE patch again. If it fails once patching it, it screws up the whole game.

I had to reinstall to get it to work, on my original Witcher I used who knows what mods and language hacks and whatever. It all works fine after the reinstall.

No I didn't use any mods... I actually got it to complete the install today. However, each time I load the game it says "The Witcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I don't know what to do... I'm almost ready to just give up, I love games but not enough to put up with this.

I think I had the same problem after I first installed the patch. You'll probably need to turn down your audio Hardware Acceleration to get the game to run (Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio -> Advanced -> Performance tab). I did that and the game fired up just fine...I even went back after exiting the game and put it back up to full and I haven't had any problems since. Check this thread....

http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.0

Using Vista?

Log in with the Administrator account and install it ALL from there. I tried to use my normal account (using UAC) and elevated privileges and it would NOT install.

Used the Admin account and install was flawless.

I also encoutered issues from 1.3 to the 1.4 version. After the re-installation the install took some time but it completed successfully. I was able to continue my quests and beat the game. Quite fun. No problems

However, the new adverture that they included is buggy on my system. It's vista 64. When it starts, there is crackling of for where the sound dialouge should be, instead I have to read it. The sound is way off in combat and the modeling characters have all jacked up skins and looks like I am playing on the development box. Unfinsihed model skins, voice and sound issues. I haven't bothered with it.

Back