The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

The HD Reworked mod is amazing. I've ran it on my last 3-4 playthroughs. I honestly can't even remember what vanilla looks like anymore.

But don't stop there! Go nuts with the modding! https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3?tab=popular+(all+time)

This is most of them I run (not all get added to NMM, some you have to manually add):

2020-12-30 18_10_29-Window.jpg

I'll absolutely be doing another playthrough once this game gets RT .

The HD Reworked mod is amazing. I've ran it on my last 3-4 playthroughs. I honestly can't even remember what vanilla looks like anymore.

But don't stop there! Go nuts with the modding! https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3?tab=popular+(all+time)

This is most of them I run (not all get added to NMM, some you have to manually add):

View attachment 314272

I'll absolutely be doing another playthrough once this game gets RT .

There a trick to getting this to download? I'm trying to download the Mod Manger for the HD Reworked Project Ultimate (9.8 GBs) and the download won't start even after clicking the link to force the download if it doesn't start automatically. Tried in both Chrome and Edge and have no ad-blockers installed or anything (just use Pihole for DNS filtering and ad blocking for my whole network - which it's not showing any blocks on the query log from that site either).

Hmm...maybe I'll try playing this for a third time with the RT update. For whatever reason I would get like 10-20 hours in and then just lose interest or something, I'm not sure why.

There a trick to getting this to download? I'm trying to download the Mod Manger for the HD Reworked Project Ultimate (9.8 GBs) and the download won't start even after clicking the link to force the download if it doesn't start automatically. Tried in both Chrome and Edge and have no ad-blockers installed or anything (just use Pihole for DNS filtering and ad blocking for my whole network - which it's not showing any blocks on the query log from that site either).
I'd have to dig next time I'm at my comp, but if I remember correctly, the HD rework is 3 standalone. exe's (approx 4GB, 4GB and about 500MB each last time I installed it) , you shouldn't need to use NMM for that specific mod.

If you check my screenshot, it's not listed in there.

NMM should only be used for mods that have the NMM download link right next to the normal download button.

EDIT: tomorrow AM ill re-download the new new one and see if what I wrote above is still true. Maybe it's been repackaged since I did it last.

Anyone know of any mods that make the difficulty more consistant throughout the game? I would like something that made enemies a little more aggressive and faster, maybe give monster abilities a buff, I'm find with humans being weak because a Witcher would be stronger than a human. I use FCR3, would be nice to have something that worked along with it, but would be willing to drop FCR3 for something that fully rebalances combat.

You need to be logged in with an account to download mods over a certain size (20MB if I remember correctly). In NMM there should be a way to set your login credentials in the options.

Anyone know of any mods that make the difficulty more consistant throughout the game? I would like something that made enemies a little more aggressive and faster, maybe give monster abilities a buff, I'm find with humans being weak because a Witcher would be stronger than a human. I use FCR3, would be nice to have something that worked along with it, but would be willing to drop FCR3 for something that fully rebalances combat.
Here is a popular one on W3 Nexus. Not sure if its any good though.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3762

Remember than CD Projekt Red is supposed to be releasing a HD rework of Witcher 3 first party. I’ll hold off my first replay for that time.
Maybe this will finally be the time I play Witcher 3. I suppose the remaster update will break all existing mods, unfortunately. Might have to wait for those to be updated.

Well I'm not getting my hopes up on CDPR textures after seeing Cyberpunk 2077 not hopping on that hype train. Denroth and HalkHogan's work has been incredible in Witcher 3.

My hopes is they don't poorly implement HDR. I would also like to see DLSS if they are adding DXR/RTX features because otherwise it wouldn't be viable at 4K anyways so it would be pointless for me.

So like, is gwent fun to many of you? I've always completely dismissed it but am thinking of trying it out this play through.. Is it 'like' anything?

Witcher 3 RTX 3090 4K- Vanilla Lighting and weather 2.0 update5 | 50+Mods

While really amazing looking when he's walking in a straight line, it gets super jittery whenever the camera moves at all. That would drive me bonkers.

While really amazing looking when he's walking in a straight line, it gets super jittery whenever the camera moves at all. That would drive me bonkers.
there's also the fact that it really doesn't look any better than default Witcher 3, just slightly different

Witcher 3 Director Has Left CD Projekt Red Amid Workplace Bullying Accusations

CDPR conducted a months-long investigation into Witcher 3 lead director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz' behavior which ultimately found him not guilty of wrongdoing...nevertheless, Tomaszkiewicz announced he was leaving CDPR in an email to staff, in which he acknowledged he had created “bad blood” within the company and left many with feelings of “fear, stress or discomfort when working with me.”

in addition to directing The Witcher 3, Tomaszkiewicz was a secondary director and producer for Cyberpunk 2077, and was expected to again step into a leadership role for CDPR’s next major Witcher project...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...or-leaves-embattled-game-developer-cd-projekt

Witcher 3 Director Has Left CD Projekt Red Amid Workplace Bullying Accusations

CDPR conducted a months-long investigation into Witcher 3 lead director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz' behavior which ultimately found him not guilty of wrongdoing...nevertheless, Tomaszkiewicz announced he was leaving CDPR in an email to staff, in which he acknowledged he had created “bad blood” within the company and left many with feelings of “fear, stress or discomfort when working with me.”

in addition to directing The Witcher 3, Tomaszkiewicz was a secondary director and producer for Cyberpunk 2077, and was expected to again step into a leadership role for CDPR’s next major Witcher project...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...or-leaves-embattled-game-developer-cd-projekt
Well, that sucks. It probably goes deeper than just Konrad. Its more than likely a company wide issue.

Money and fame ruin everything.

The Witcher 3 is getting free new DLC based on the Netflix show

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been out on PC for almost six years now: Its grand finale, the Blood and Wine DLC, has been around for more than five years...despite its advanced age, new content is on the way: A "next-gen update" is coming later this year for the Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, and PC, and there's going to be some new DLC content based on the Netflix series, too...

https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1413568916920602625

Maybe with the update I'll finally get around to actually playing this game all the way through...lol. I am not sure why but I get a dozen or so hours in and then just start to lose interest for some reason.

adding ray-tracing to Witcher 3 should take an already gorgeous looking game to another level of eye candy!...I wonder if if they can go back and add it to the previous two games...

I'll load it up for the DLCs. Wonder if the official update will negate the need for mods. Game looked ugly without the model/texture mod I used. Did they ever officially add in pausing of cutscene/dialogue?

adding ray-tracing to Witcher 3 should take an already gorgeous looking game to another level of eye candy!...I wonder if if they can go back and add it to the previous two games...

I'm sure they could, in some form. If reshade can add RT, no reason the developer can't use similar methods. Likewise, it's certainly possible in older engines, given that they put RT in Quake 2. That said, I don't see why they ever would. TW3 still holds up in 2021. It's still has the potential to pull in new sales as the show continues to gain popularity (especially being on every major platform in use). TW2 feels modern enough to be playable, but I don't see it having any selling power left. TW1 may as well not exist to modern fans of the series. It was serviceable when it came out, but it's aged wretchedly, and fresh visuals won't change that. If TW1 ever were to be revisited by CDPR, the only thing that makes sense is a complete remake on a modern engine with gameplay in line with TW3, a la Resident Evil 2.

Back